NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Handheld CB radios

Go down 
+12
bigdogdewey2
totald
bluejack13
rylandnc
cjcradier
Scottydog
ncorn38
Snowdogyyz
NC FJ Driver
CarolinaCruiser15
crogers6569
David B
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
cjcradier
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
cjcradier

Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:52 pm

Sorry for the pics. I wasn't running with my tire carrier on. It's really nothing special. An eyelet, a clasp and 550 cord. But works wonders. I really don't care for the disconnects. Especially with all the beating the antenna can take. I've never had the cb antenna hit my truck like the radio antenna did before I went with the little flexible one. I'll try to get some pics up.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:08 am

Working on ordering my setup right now. Should be up and running soon.
Back to top Go down
bluejack13
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
bluejack13

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:10 am

Anyone running 3 foot firesticks off a Bandi mount? Would that work or am I going to have to do a 4 foot? (I'd definitely run a quick disconnect if I had to go that high).

Opinions on the Cobra vs the Midland?
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:18 am

problemcat13 wrote:
Anyone running 3 foot firesticks off a Bandi mount? Would that work or am I going to have to do a 4 foot? (I'd definitely run a quick disconnect if I had to go that high).

I have the Midland, really like it! I will be ordering the bandi/ 4' firestick combo with quick disconnect for sure...
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:28 am

That is the only thing I have still been debating on. I haven't ordered yet due to x-mas and my wife so I still have a little time to decide. David, don't order the bandi if you haven't, I should have an extra soon.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:20 am

totald wrote:
That is the only thing I have still been debating on. I haven't ordered yet due to x-mas and my wife so I still have a little time to decide. David, don't order the bandi if you haven't, I should have an extra soon.

Really??? An extra??? Shocked cheers
Back to top Go down
bluejack13
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
bluejack13

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:55 am

I waiting until the first half of next year to do my CB project. Gonna do an in-dash DVD so I can add a backup camera first. Safety first!
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:20 am

David B wrote:
totald wrote:

Really??? An extra??? Shocked cheers

I returned my leveling kit to all pro and requested 2 bandi mounts because if I asked for a refund they would charge a restocking fee.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:08 pm

problemcat13 wrote:

Im running a 4' Firestick w/ Bandi mount and a Midland Portable CB (same as David). So far, I love the Midland,..... no issues whatsoever. Ive heard that one shouldnt use a quick disconnect because it just adds one more thing for the CB current or whatever to run through. I was told you want the fewest connections possible, therefore I dont have one. I know someone who uses one though and hasnt had any issues... he also hasnt ever removed the antenna (4' as well) so...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:05 pm

I am glad I have been waiting. Every time I come back a few more of my curiosities are answered.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:23 pm

totald wrote:
I am glad I have been waiting. Every time I come back a few more of my curiosities are answered.

haha... glad to help!
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:55 am

David, I received confirmation today that for my lift I would be receiving 2 bandi mounts. I could have gotten store credit but there isn't anything else I plan on ordering from them any time soon. So, I will have a brand new one that I can send you just for the cost of the mount, no shipping. If you would like it let me know. If net let me know and anyone else interested can get it.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:52 am

totald wrote:
David,I received confirmation today that for my lift I would be receiving 2 bandi mounts. I could have gotten store credit but there isn't anything else I plan on ordering from them any time soon. So, I will have a brand new one that I can send you just for the cost of the mount, no shipping. If you would like it let me know. If net let me know and anyone else interested can get it.

Yes, I am interested, let me know the price and how you want paid! And thanks!!!!
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:02 am

As soon as I have it will PM you.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:48 am

totald wrote:
David, I received confirmation today that for my lift I would be receiving 2 bandi mounts. I could have gotten store credit but there isn't anything else I plan on ordering from them any time soon. So, I will have a brand new one that I can send you just for the cost of the mount, no shipping. If you would like it let me know. If net let me know and anyone else interested can get it.

Someone lucked out!!!! cheers I can help with the install if youd like David. Kind of a pain but not too too bad.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 1:52 pm

I might take you up on that. It depends on timelines for meets and shop days.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 1:53 pm

totald wrote:
I might take you up on that. It depends on timelines for meets and shop days.

You got it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:47 am

To bad David's not getting it by this weekend... I could bring my sledgehammer and we could get that bandi mount installed quickly Sunday! =)
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:41 am

David B got his in the mail from me yesterday. I have mine but will not be going anywhere. Especially not to see a sledge hammer Razz
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: cb   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:06 pm

i have got to get me a cb ...i will definately be looking hard after xmas...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:08 pm

Speaking of I have to put my CB back in the truck for Sunday!
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:53 pm

I am hoping I get one for Christmas. I put the list of parts together for my wife and where to get them so we will see.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:19 pm

totald wrote:
I put the list of parts together for my wife and where to get them so we will see.

Thats what I did =)
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:22 pm

I am still waiting for my Firestick and coax to come in........ Sad
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:24 pm

David B wrote:
I am still waiting for my Firestick and coax to come in........ Sad

I feel like you ordered it a while ago.... scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handheld CB radios
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next