NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Handheld CB radios

Go down 
+12
bigdogdewey2
totald
bluejack13
rylandnc
cjcradier
Scottydog
ncorn38
Snowdogyyz
NC FJ Driver
CarolinaCruiser15
crogers6569
David B
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Rolando   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 7:34 pm

Rolando...man im sorry...i had addressed that last post to David...im tired..i appologize...
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 7:35 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
Rolando...man im sorry...i had addressed that last post to David...im tired..i appologize...

haha no worries!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:18 pm

Got the Antenna cable installed through the back door and under the dash. Just have it sticking out right now until I can find a method to mount the connector.

Cable through rear door:

Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Bandi-1

Connector at console:

Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Bandi-2
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Scottydog wrote:
Got the Antenna cable installed through the back door and under the dash. Just have it sticking out right now until I can find a method to mount the connector.

Cable through rear door:

Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Bandi-1

Connector at console:

Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Bandi-2

Looks good Scott!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: nice   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:28 pm

looks great scotty...did u drill a hole thru the door to run the cable ??
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Oh, btw, have you given any thought to putting in a rubber grommet in the rear door where you put in the cable? Might seal it better and eliminate any rubbing on the coax, which is pretty delicate from what I hear.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:39 pm

Yes and Yes...made 2 trips to Radio Shack yesterday and both times forgot the grommet. I used a step bit and drilled it out about 2 times the size of the cable. I put some electrical tape around it for now to prevent any scraping of the cable. I had bought a 20' cable, cut one of the ends off so I coould run it through everything, then used a new connector end that can be added.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:44 pm

View of the Bandi...

Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Bandi-3
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Scottydog wrote:
Yes and Yes...made 2 trips to Radio Shack yesterday and both times forgot the grommet. I used a step bit and drilled it out about 2 times the size of the cable. I put some electrical tape around it for now to prevent any scraping of the cable. I had bought a 20' cable, cut one of the ends off so I coould run it through everything, then used a new connector end that can be added.

Awesome. I ran mine a little differently and will probably change it to your setup when I have the desire to undo everything I recently did. lol. I like the placement of the All-Pro decal too!
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:51 pm

The two mounts I got from all pro, one sent to David, had the stickers on them. Depending on where you get one it may or may not have their sticker.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:53 pm

totald wrote:
The two mounts I got from all pro, one sent to David, had the stickers on them. Depending on where you get one it may or may not have their sticker.

Got mine from WalcottCB... no sticker. Not like I need anymore anyway. lol
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:55 pm

Yeah mine came with the sticker. So I had to email them ans ask for another to add to my others under the hood. Still missing a Bilstein sticker.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Scottydog wrote:
Yeah mine came with the sticker. So I had to email them ans ask for another to add to my others under the hood. Still missing a Bilstein sticker.

Aaah, I didnt know you had some under the hood. Flushead took that route also. Mine is waaaay too dirty to be showing off anything. Easier to clean windows for me. lol
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:00 pm

CarolinaCruiser15 wrote:
Easier to clean windows for me. lol

right there with you
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:10 pm

Very interesting thread...now I have to get one of these things! Er, I mean all the stuff I ordered should be in by the 10th of January! (Slow boat shipping to save money!) It better not snow before I get everything installed!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: hot diggitty dog!!   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 9:47 pm

ok ..i have jsut ordered my remaining components that i need for the radio install...cable, stud/spring and Firestick 4' antenna!! cant wait for them to get in ...i have a great idea for how i will intall mine...so when i get all of it i will share and post pics.!!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: hard wired?   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:39 pm

has anyone come up with a way to hardwire the Midland 75-822? im not 100%sure that i would do this anyway, but i would like to know if it is possible. I know that the cigarette plug is fused but not sure if it can be hard wired. The handheld part of the "radio" had of course the ability to be disconnected from it several power sources...just curious!
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:04 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
has anyone come up with a way to hardwire the Midland 75-822?

This was one of the draw-backs for the Midland for me, so I went with the Cobra 75WXST Remote CB. I know you can remove the 12v plug and hardwire if you want to, but I didnt want to mess with it, and I already had to add an additional 12v outlet to run all the BS I already have, so didnt want to add another.

The Cobra has a quick disconnect for the handset (which is the radio), so with a disconnect at the antenna, when not using it I can remove the handset and the antenna and store them in the back.

That, and I already have a hand held unit if I had to dismount.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:05 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
has anyone come up with a way to hardwire the Midland 75-822? im not 100%sure that i would do this anyway, but i would like to know if it is possible. I know that the cigarette plug is fused but not sure if it can be hard wired. The handheld part of the "radio" had of course the ability to be disconnected from it several power sources...just curious!

Sorry Mike, that's beyond my expertise scratch
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:25 pm

There wiring would be easy enough, where/how to mount the bottom part of the radio would be the hard part..?
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 10:17 pm

When mine is ready to go in, the auto section will be hardwired. I haven't investigated it too much yet but when I do it I will let you all know and take pictures.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: hard wired   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 11:19 pm

it should be a relatively simple plug and play wiring...ground and hot wire..right?
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 8:37 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
it should be a relatively simple plug and play wiring...ground and hot wire..right?

Yeah, the hardest part should be coming up with the ba...er, I mean courage,Very Happy to cut the 12v plug off the end of the wire...lol. I would use a add a fuse at the fuse panel with a fuse the same rating as the one inside the 12v plug, if there is a fuse inside of it like there sometimes is. Other than that, it should be a straight two wire job.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:09 am

Yeah, I am definitely not afraid to hack some wires. I do that on 9 million dollar helicopters for a living. I just wont start it till I have all the parts I think I need.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:43 am

totald wrote:
Yeah, I am definitely not afraid to hack some wires. I do that on 9 million dollar helicopters for a living.

HaHa, that's one of the reasons when I was still serving my philosophy was I'd rather walk 20 miles than fly 20 minutes on an aircraft with no glide slope (auto-rotation not withstanding!)!!!Razz You never know who is wacking what!!!lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handheld CB radios
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next