NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event

Go down 
+38
DamnItsAGlasgow
johnnyturpin
Franklin Porter
Speedrye
justintiime
Tommy_T
tapfer30
David B
FJ.O
2011TRDIceberg
JiveTurkey0514
CarolinaCruiser15
Scottydog
H2O_Cruiser
NC FJ Driver
asdfate
jester812
codename607
FiJiKrawl
TacoWillie
gilbo182
foothills
MR2 Guru
spotts78
CyberLaw
SingleTrack
Southeast Overland
pnsstlrs08
LaceyB
Crayfish
MCRobertson
dwc2134
j.dorton
Gunny1001
Droop07FJ
ejcagle
Macleod
bigdogdewey2
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

will you be attending ride and dinner meet.
URE RIDE and Class
1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Vote_lcap54%1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 54% [ 44 ]
Dinner
1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Vote_lcap46%1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 81

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
gilbo182
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
gilbo182

1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:08 pm

awesome news about the sponsorship. My vote has been cast and the wife and I are in! Looking forward to meeting people.
Back to top Go down
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Crayfish

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:44 pm

Already cleared the date and it will be me and the wife! We plan to make it to dinner as well! Can't wait, it's gonna be great time!
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:44 am

Southeast Overland will also delivery anything we have in stock for free to the event. (aka: free shipping)  Give us a call at 864-280-4238 or email Sales@SoutheastOverland.com and we might even be able to do some event specials.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SoutheastOverland.com
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:52 am

Been a while for me to URE....plus I'm always up for a meet and greet, then you through in food...Im there.

Thanks Mike, let me know if I can help in any way.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:02 am

I'm not sure if this has been covered yet or not, BUT it might be helpful to have a rough timeline for the day besides the meet up time at the outpost. i.e. trails from __am-__pm, dinner at ___pm. If that makes sense. It will make planning easier for those of us coming from 2+hrs away.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:13 am

CarolinaCruiser15 wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been covered yet or not, BUT it might be helpful to have a rough timeline for the day besides the meet up time at the outpost. i.e. trails from __am-__pm, dinner at ___pm. If that makes sense. It will make planning easier for those of us coming from 2+hrs away.

I'm working on that with Mike now. :-)
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:29 am

Steve, David B., a few others and I are working as hard as we can to get things in an orderly manner.  What we dont want is dead time between "classes" so to speak.  Steve is working on a "curriculum" for his classes. We also have the opportunity to get a lecture so to speak on the "TREAD LIGHTLY" program from an actual representative of TREAD LIGHTLY.  That is going to be a very informative session.  Depending on what the other event sponsor has and wants to do there will be time for that also.  We also are working on tje actual venue itself and hopefully the folks at URE will lend a hand in that area.  We seriously have big plans and hopefully half come to fruition.
Back to top Go down
MR2 Guru
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
MR2 Guru

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:47 am

I know this is a "New to Off-roading" meeting, but I would like to ask about how much emphasis there is on the "new" part. I will be offroading for the first time in my UZJ100, but my daughter will be offroading for the FIRST time, ever, outside of my own property. She will be a brand new Driver License holder on September 16th, so it will be one of her first legal driving experiences as well. My hopes are that she can learn the limits and proper control her vehicle, and that it may make her an even better driver on the road.
We have two vehicles and 3 drivers, so anything she may be uncomfortable with can be assisted by one of us. I just want to make sure you guys feel it is appropriate to allow her to drive the trails
before I get her hopes up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:03 pm

MR2 Guru wrote:
I know this is a "New to Off-roading" meeting, but I would like to ask about how much emphasis there is on the "new" part. I will be offroading for the first time in my UZJ100, but my daughter will be offroading for the FIRST time, ever, outside of my own property. She will be a brand new Driver License holder on September 16th, so it will be one of her first legal driving experiences as well. My hopes are that she can learn the limits and proper control her vehicle, and that it may make her an even better driver on the road.
We have two vehicles and 3 drivers, so anything she may be uncomfortable with can be assisted by one of us. I just want to make sure you guys feel it is appropriate to allow her to drive the trails
before I get her hopes up. Smile

Since I will probably be doing much of the teaching I'll give my 2 cents.

This event will not make someone who has never driven off road, or someone who has barely driven off road, and off road expert or even an intermediate driver. That is not possible - but - there will be a couple hours of familiarizing you with your vehicle, showing you how to prepare yourself and your vehicle for going off road, and covering some basics of off road driving. Due to the size of the group I won't be able to do "ride alongs" with everyone but I will work with everyone the best we can with time and space constraints. I've taught people how to safely off road over the course of multiple days and seen TONS of progress in their capabilities but this will only be a couple hours of instruction followed by a trail ride as it is currently planned.

As far as one's comfort level that is up to each person driving to decide when they are no longer comfortable and then to speak up. We will not push anyone to do anything they are not comfortable with. With that being said I am not comfortable taking someone off road in a group setting who is a brand new license holder. Now a one-on-one setting is very different. I have seen vehicles roll over off road with brand new drivers. These young drivers simply don't have enough experience behind the wheel to control a several ton vehicle. I'm more worried in driver safety and others safety than anything else and a brand new driver off-road is not a good idea in my play book. I suggest your daughter get significant on-road experience before she try driving off road. I'm not trying to be harsh but I want to be realistic and safe.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:27 pm

MR2Guru.  One of the main goals of this event if not THE main goal is SAFETY.  As much as I personally would like to see your daughter conquer off road driving I must agree with Steve on this issue.  Now bear in mind if you would that is not to say that Steve wont have some extra time to possibly spend with her on a one to one basis.  This however is going to depend on the time that we have.  Confidence is the key and that goes both ways. Driver confidence and teacher confidence.  I personally would not get her hopes up but I would also keep it in the back of your mind that we MAY be able to something for her.  I certainly hope this does not  discourage you and your family into not attending. Everyone will learn something at this event.
Back to top Go down
JiveTurkey0514
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
JiveTurkey0514

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:55 pm

Wanna say thanks for you guys putting in all the leg work on this one.... it looks like it is really turning into a nice event. Im planning on coming for sure. Just wondering Steve will you be doing anything concerning winch/ and or recovery? To me this seems to be when most offroaders can never be too safe. We've all seen our fair share of "sketchy" recoveries!!
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:56 pm

JiveTurkey0514 wrote:
Wanna say thanks for you guys putting in all the leg work on this one.... it looks like it is really turning into a nice event. Im planning on coming for sure. Just wondering Steve will you be doing anything concerning winch/ and or recovery? To me this seems to be when most offroaders can never be too safe. We've all seen our fair share of "sketchy" recoveries!!

We will be dedicating a portion of the instruction time to how to perform safe recoveries. I also have seen way too many dangerous recoveries that have caused injury and damage to vehicles.
Back to top Go down
2011TRDIceberg
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
2011TRDIceberg

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Im off that day I hope to be able to join, could always learn something new. Just got to see if the boss lady wants to join as well
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:05 pm

bring every one you know!! LOL...hope the wife can join you.  I know Angie is looking forward to this.  She especially likes it when wives/girlfriends/significant others are there!~!
Back to top Go down
FJ.O
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
FJ.O

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:20 pm

I'm planning to attend the ride and dinner (depending how far dinner is from CLT), and I'm going to drag the hubby along Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:25 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
bring every one you know!! LOL...hope the wife can join you.  I know Angie is looking forward to this.  She especially likes it when wives/girlfriends/significant others are there!~!

Ill never forget the first year OBX trip on the beach in Corolla when the ladies took the FJs while we were all standing around. Next thing we know, theyre hauling Buh-tox down the beach laughing out the windows at us. lol
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 5:26 pm

(Side note: just found out that the Forum autocorrects "a**" to "Buh-tox". LOL.... funny
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:25 pm

yes i remember that Rolando...that was a great time!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:19 pm

Looks like this is going to be a GREAT event and turnout! Can't wait to meet new members!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:31 pm

Guess what folks!!! Anyone wanna guess who will be the corporate sponsor for the 1st Annual new to off roading and Eat-n-Greet??

Hows this, why dont I just tell you!!

MIDSTATE TOYOTA in Asheboro, NC.  

I will have more good news tomorrow night about an opportunity for everyone attending this event to rub elbows with some pretty big names in Off Road driving.
Back to top Go down
FiJiKrawl
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FiJiKrawl

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:45 pm

YEAH, BUDDY!  Dewey doin' work!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:47 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
Guess what folks!!! Anyone wanna guess who will be the corporate sponsor for the 1st Annual new to off roading and Eat-n-Greet??

Hows this, why dont I just tell you!!

MIDSTATE TOYOTA in Asheboro, NC.  

I will have more good news tomorrow night about an opportunity for everyone attending this event to rub elbows with some pretty big names in Off Road driving.

Bring it Mike!!!!
cheers
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:56 pm

WOW 23 vehicles already!! wow this is gonna be awesome!! i seriously cannot wait.  im actually kinda giddy right now...LOL...
Back to top Go down
FiJiKrawl
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FiJiKrawl

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:58 pm

24...BOOM!
Back to top Go down
MR2 Guru
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
MR2 Guru

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:29 am

Another question..... Is the class mostly specific to the FJC, or will it be just as useful to others (Land Cruisers)? I assume a lot will be general knowledge, but I also know most attendees will have FJCs since that is where this meet and greet is based.... I just wonder if the majority will be vehicle-specific. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: Events :: Group Organized Events-
Jump to: