NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event

Go down 
+38
DamnItsAGlasgow
johnnyturpin
Franklin Porter
Speedrye
justintiime
Tommy_T
tapfer30
David B
FJ.O
2011TRDIceberg
JiveTurkey0514
CarolinaCruiser15
Scottydog
H2O_Cruiser
NC FJ Driver
asdfate
jester812
codename607
FiJiKrawl
TacoWillie
gilbo182
foothills
MR2 Guru
spotts78
CyberLaw
SingleTrack
Southeast Overland
pnsstlrs08
LaceyB
Crayfish
MCRobertson
dwc2134
j.dorton
Gunny1001
Droop07FJ
ejcagle
Macleod
bigdogdewey2
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

will you be attending ride and dinner meet.
URE RIDE and Class
1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Vote_lcap54%1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 54% [ 44 ]
Dinner
1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Vote_lcap46%1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 81

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Franklin Porter
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Franklin Porter

1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Oh, CRAP!, Guys, we will be at the event & dinner....
Back to top Go down
johnnyturpin
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
johnnyturpin

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:24 am

I really want to go, and based on my current schedule, it looks promising, but it is hard for me to commit to an actual date, as I usually don't find out my travel plans until the week before I have to leave. Uhg. Anyway, I would say I am at least 75% sure at this point!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 7:38 pm

That's great Johnny. Look forward to see you again.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Johnny no problem i will add you anyway that way you just show up and its done...
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:34 am

As most know I'm just getting into the offroad world with the FJ. At this meet will I need to air down and if so will anyone have compressor capabilities to air me back up. I don't have the equipment yet although I'm slowly buying a little at a time and would rather not drive for miles with low air pressure at the cost of those tires......
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:00 am

The Eldorado Outpost has free air.  And I am sure there will be a compressor or two in some of the trucks including mine.  There probably wont be a need to air down for "traction" however the ride will be a bit softer if you do.  Personally I run mine at 12 psi ...just deadens the any sharp bump...
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:25 am

If air is available I will probably drop down for the same purpose.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:48 am

X3
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 12:24 am

So Mike, what are the totals we are looking at here? Can you reveal details of expected attendance?

This is soo cool! What a great group! This seems to be shping up to be an AWESOME EVENT!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 10:27 am

Everyone should air down. Makes such a huge difference in the experience and driveablility on any trail (even the gravel!). Make sure you tell all the new folks this as most of the time "first-timers" dont air down because we never say anything about it or the benefits. Next thing you know (whoever)'s spouse hates wheeling because they were having their brains jarred out of their heads the whole day..... Outpost has free (quick) air so no reason not to.

Same with even wheeling in 4LO. There is always a new guy who does 75% of the trail in 4HI before we mention 4LO ATRAC on while offroad. Of course you can run it all in 4HI, but it is a big difference in the experience of driving these trucks offroad.

Wish I could make it... Moving to Virginia this weekend so it makes URE a real long haul.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343
j.dorton
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
j.dorton

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 3:58 pm

iwashmycar wrote:

Same with even wheeling in 4LO. There is always a new guy who does 75% of the trail in 4HI before we mention 4LO ATRAC on while offroad. Of course you can run it all in 4HI, but it is a big difference in the experience of driving these trucks offroad.

In CO, I was running as tailgunner on a group from the FJ Summit heading up Imogene Pass. We came to a stop around 12k ft elevation on our climb to let a Jeep descend the mountain. When one of the FJ's attempted to restart, I noticed him having issues. After a struggle he was able to regain forward movement. It was this time I noticed smoke coming from under his vehicle. I called across the CB to ask to pause a moment. I approached his vehicle on foot, and my suspicions of the source of the smoke was confirmed...clutch smoke. When he had taken delivery of the new FJ, his salesperson had not taken the time to show him any of the operations of the vehicle. All he knew was there were multiple notches for the other shifter to move to.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this, as I want people who own these awesomely capable vehicles to be able to enjoy them in the environments they
were designed for. It just so happens that I'm not only a Toyota enthusiast, but work for a Toyota dealer as well.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Was his truck in transfercase neutral? Or something else??
Back to top Go down
j.dorton
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
j.dorton

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 4:20 pm

6spd manual+ high range in transfercase seslected+ 20% grade + 12K ft Elevation= No Bueno

Once selecting low range it performed flawlessly.
Back to top Go down
LaceyB
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
LaceyB

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:05 pm

I dont know if this question has been brought up or not, and I apologize if it was, but I dont recall seeing it. Is there a group rate at a hotel near by for those of us traveling far and staying the night? Im looking to make my reservations and I just wanted to check first.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Lacey so far there hasnt been a hotel selected.  I dont actually know how many folks are coming from a "long" way off.  If you would like to call around and see what you can find and then pass it on it would be greatly appreciated.  If you find something please let me know so that i can post it up...
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:18 am

Sent out a Tweet as a reminder for this event! Cant wait to see everyone!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
KearnsJP
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
KearnsJP

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Looks like I will be able to make this after all. I should be able to make both and have plus 1 for the dinner if I can talk my wife into going with me.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 10:18 pm

Update for our Event!!

I just got off the phone with Michael Morrison who is with Uwharrie Offroad Training Center.  He has informed me that we will have a much room as needed at the center to hold the classes prior to the actual ride.  He will also be enlightening us with all information that pertains to TREAD LIGHTLY.  This is great news as we now have a place to hang our hats so to speak.  As of right now the plan is to start the classes at 10am sharp.  This way we will have plenty of time to get the classes done before we hit the trails.  i will be posting this info over on the Facebook page.
Back to top Go down
spotts78
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
spotts78

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:46 am

My work has decided that I must be "on call" that weekend.  Looks like I'll be missing yet another awesome NCFJ event.  Sad  cry...
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 3:13 pm

Damn spotts sorry you wont make it...hopefully next time
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Lacey, I have stayed here a couple time for business travel. Fairly nice place and reasonable rates...and convenient to several restaurants.
http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-albemarle-north_carolina-NC332
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Matt and Calla will also be coming to this event. I just noticed they aren't on the list. Are we going to Mid-State Toyota. I can't seem to find the name of the dealership. 

I saw someone else is staying at the Hampton Inn that night and that's my plan too.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 10:25 pm

i dont think they have contacted me...there are several folks that are on the facebook page..but not here on the forum..so names sometimes get confused...midstate is in Asheboro...here is the address.

1636 E Dixie Dr  Asheboro, NC 27203
Back to top Go down
j.dorton
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
j.dorton

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 2:49 pm

I would like to offer a discount on Toyota brand parts, and accessories for the event this weekend at 20% off. If there is anything you would like to order, we should be able to have it next business day. Also, we are typically very competetive on tires if anyone is needing new shoes, i'd be more than happy to get you a price.

Justin "JD" Dorton
Service Manager at MidState Toyota
MidState Toyota
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Justin...im going to put your post up in the original post so that everyone will see it...as soon as I get home..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next