NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event

Go down 
+38
DamnItsAGlasgow
johnnyturpin
Franklin Porter
Speedrye
justintiime
Tommy_T
tapfer30
David B
FJ.O
2011TRDIceberg
JiveTurkey0514
CarolinaCruiser15
Scottydog
H2O_Cruiser
NC FJ Driver
asdfate
jester812
codename607
FiJiKrawl
TacoWillie
gilbo182
foothills
MR2 Guru
spotts78
CyberLaw
SingleTrack
Southeast Overland
pnsstlrs08
LaceyB
Crayfish
MCRobertson
dwc2134
j.dorton
Gunny1001
Droop07FJ
ejcagle
Macleod
bigdogdewey2
42 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

will you be attending ride and dinner meet.
URE RIDE and Class
1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Vote_lcap54%1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Vote_rcap
 54% [ 44 ]
Dinner
1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Vote_lcap46%1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Vote_rcap
 46% [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 81

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Empty
PostSubject: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:36 pm

here are the addresses of where we will be.

Eldorado Outpost
4021 N Carolina 109  Troy, NC 27371
Uwharrie Offroad Training Center
4026 North Caroline 109, Uwharrie, NC 27371

Mid-State Toyota 
1636 E. Dixie Dr. Asheboro, NC 27203

Ok folks,  Update on the event.  In about a week and a half we will be riding URE in the 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet.  im looking forward to this as i am sure you are all also! This is gonna be a very good time.  So far i think everybody pretty much knows whats going on on the day of the event.  I wanted to go ahead and shorten this post up and get on with the business of the day!.  Here is a tentative schedule of the day.  

9am arrive at Uwharrie Offroad Training Center and park as quickly as possible so we can get into the classes.
Classes will start as soon as we can but we will try to get started no later than 10am.  Please be in the area and ready.  Steve Springs with Southeast Overland has assured me that the class will take around 2 hours.  Following Steves class there will be a class on Tread Lightly given by Mike Morrison from the Uwharrie Offroad Training Center.  immediately following the classes we will be taking a very short break to eat a quick lunch.  as soon as we can get a group of 8 to 10 folks ready to leave we will put them on the way to the trails.  we will be sending out 4-6 groups about every 20 minutes.  The groups will be taking different routes so that we dont get too jammed up and slowed down.  when the first group is done with the trails we will aske them to reassemble at the Uwharrie Offroad Training Center.  At that point we will check you off a list so that we know you are not stranded in the woods somewhere.lol....We will then send you on your way over to Midstate Toyota in Asheboro for the dinner and socializing portion of the event.  

Here is the address for the Uwharrie Offroad Training Center
     4026 North Caroline 109, Uwharrie, NC 27371 
here is a link to their site:
http://uortc.com

Lunch will be quick but you should have time to get over to the Outpost and grab something to eat ifyou dont bring your own lunch.  

I would like to offer a discount on Toyota brand parts, and accessories for the event this weekend at 20% off. If there is anything you would like to order, we should be able to have it next business day. Also, we are typically very competetive on tires if anyone is needing new shoes, i'd be more than happy to get you a price.

Justin "JD" Dorton
Service Manager at MidState Toyota
MidState Toyota

Southeast Overland has also offered to bring anything they have in stock at the store with free delivery. You can contact Southeast Overland at 864-280-4238, or Sales@SoutheastOverland.com, or visit their website HERE.

Here is the list of those attending:

ejcagle-Eric Cagle +3 event/dinner
BrendanB-Brendan Bogue +1 event only
SingleTrack-Jonathan Neely +1 event/dinner
Tommy_T- Tom Hall +1 event only
Fijikrawl- Karl Pueschel +2 event/dinner
Justintime - Justin Laclair +1 ?? event/dinner
boaterspence- Spalding Spence +1 event/dinner
Crayfish- Cameron Ray +1 event/dinner
Macleod - Jennifer Macleod + 1/2 event/dinner
lrgrnr Larry Gardner + 1 event/dinner
David Gunderson event/dinner
TacoWillie-William Gerrity + 1 event/dinner
CyberLaw- Bryan Walker + 1 event/dinner
DamnitsaGlasgow- Mitch Glasgow + 1 event
FJ.O Olivia Byrd + 1 event/dinner
LAMc207- Logan McFall +3 event/dinner
Shawn Fowler + 2 event/dinner
Gerrad Biffle  + 1
Southeast Overland- Steve Springs + 1 event/dinner
J.Dorton- Justin Dorton + 2 event/dinner
Bigdogdewey- Michael Thompson +1 event/dinner
DanielRice20- Daniel Rice +2 event
Scottydog- Scott Haynes +1 event/dinner
paulwardinc- Paul Ward +1 event/dinner
RUBICONsixx- Jami Stanley + ?
David B.- David Bronson +2 event/dinner
JiveTurkey0514- Matt Parsons +1 event/dinner
LaceyB- Lacey Banicki +1 event/dinner
MCRobertson- Cain Robertson + 1 event/dinner
Franklin Porter- Frank Porter +1 event/dinner
spotts78- Terry Spotts event only
joshjack-                          event/dinner
Jesse Espinosa + 1 event/dinner
Mindy Livengood +2 event/dinner
Chad Mcdowell +2 event/dinner
DWC2134 - Will Cresson + 1 Event/dinner
CarolinaCruiser15 - Rolando Villegas +1 event/dinner
JohnnyTurpin - Johnny Turpin + 1 event/dinner
DSBike + 1 event/dinner
EODFly + 1 event/dinner (with a 40)!!

Last edited by bigdogdewey2 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:02 pm; edited 34 times in total
Back to top Go down
Macleod
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:46 pm

I'm in. I'm available for either (possibly both) date. I'll also have an open passenger seat for anyone who would like to just ride along.

For the dinner it'll be myself and a highchair for Weston.
Back to top Go down
ejcagle
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
ejcagle

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:50 pm

Depending on the start time, we could drive up the morning of the event.  Otherwise, would need some lodging recommendations before and might want to stay the night after.

Planning to attend the (class) ride and greet with a total of three (2 adults, 1 12yr old boy) and Sept. 28 is the best date for us.
Back to top Go down
Droop07FJ
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Droop07FJ

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:02 pm

if its on the 28 I will have 2 adults and my 7 year old daughter. I don't think I will be able to make the 7th
Back to top Go down
Gunny1001
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:08 pm

I'm down for whatever dates... And my boys might come.. Thank Mike for routing me here I was getting lost with all the attention on the daily drivers page!!!! Lets do this.. Smile/)
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:27 pm

we know that folks may be driving a distance to attend this event. so what we are hoping is that we can start a little later than the early morning hours as most of the URE runs start.  We know it will be a long day but we also dont want to many folks to be out of pocket for more than they need to be.  The more inviting and accomodating we can be the more folks we expect to show.  Keep in mind that depending on what Steve Spring's schedule is we MAY do two different rides.  if we do it will be a little more work for some of us..but it is SO worth it.  I will be setting up a list in the next week here on this thread to get a head count.
Back to top Go down
j.dorton
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
j.dorton

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Sounds like a good time.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:48 pm

hope to see you there j.dorton...
Back to top Go down
dwc2134
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 12:13 am

I will be in for either date. My roommate might be in as well if he picks up his 4x4 by then.
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 1:23 am

I think me and the wife could make it on the 28th. I will not be able to make it the 7th due to a shooting match I will be shooting in.
Back to top Go down
Crayfish
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Crayfish

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 1:37 am

I'm down for both the trail ride and the meet and greet! Either date should work for me, but I will rearrange my schedule for either date if needed. It would be me and the wife as far as the head count goes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: looking forward to it   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 1:54 am

Can't do the early date. Hoping for the late Sept date.
Back to top Go down
LaceyB
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
LaceyB

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 8:47 am

I can do either date, but I would prefer the 28th to avoid having to bring a figity 7yr old with me. bounce
Back to top Go down
pnsstlrs08
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
pnsstlrs08

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 9:21 am

I can only do the 7th so hopefully there's enough interest for that date!!!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 12:39 pm

We are VERY stoked for this event! It is going to be fun to meet a bunch of new people and get to introduce some to their FJ on off road trails. The class is very flexible to meet everyone's needs and experience level but will be a good "Off Road 101" class. I'll post up more later.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.SoutheastOverland.com
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Thanks Steve..
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 4:36 pm

I'm in for either date for both the ride and the meet & greet.
Back to top Go down
CyberLaw
CyberLaw

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 7:51 am

My wife and I are in for the ride and the greet...either date works for us.  Sounds like it'll be a great time!
Back to top Go down
spotts78
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
spotts78

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:21 am

In for the 7th, 28th is bad for me.  Sounds like a fun time!
Back to top Go down
MR2 Guru
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
MR2 Guru

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Hoping for Sept. 28th, so my Daughter can join us in her FJ80. Head count will be depending on date......
Back to top Go down
foothills
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 8:03 pm

I can definitely do the 7th, no chance on the 28th.
Back to top Go down
gilbo182
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
gilbo182

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:13 pm

The wife and I are flexible and can make either date. Sounds like a good time and seems that there will be a huge turnout
Back to top Go down
TacoWillie
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:02 pm

I'm up for both dates for the ride and meet and greet as of now. The wife wil be coming to one maybe both. also my little girl. will give a definite on which date i will have or not have the family.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:33 pm

im very glad and excited about the interest in this event.  I think by Friday we will be able to make a decision as to when this will go down..keep it up..
Back to top Go down
FiJiKrawl
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FiJiKrawl

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:53 pm

Hey Mike, is there anywhere closer to Uwharrie to do the eat/greet part of the day?  Maybe Asheboro?  I'm not 100% opposed to going up to High Point or Greensboro, but if we're at the park all day anytime we could shave off driving makes the whole package a much easier sell to the wife.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event   1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Annual New to Offroad Driving plus Eat-n-Greet Event
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next