NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride

Go down 
+14
Darklight
Auto Solutions
NC FJ Driver
FiJiKrawl
gilbo182
dwc2134
totald
SingleTrack
boaterspence
iwashmycar
spotts78
MadToy
bigdogdewey2
Crazy Hube
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 9:10 pm

Nothing to take pictures of yet. Just a radiator. In time.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 9:20 pm

did you get it with the stinger or without?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 9:25 pm

In due time Mike. You seem as anxious as me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Someone needs to put up some pictures. I hated not going. I spent the day working on the FJ. Its just not the same though.

It did save me from having to take tomorrow off work. I limit myself to 1 day off every two months, so now I can take a 3-day weekend in April and May! Someone start planning the next Gulches trip.

Last edited by Brian on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gilbo182
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
gilbo182

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:45 pm

Brian....my fiance and cousin managed to get a few shots from today's ride. Ill try to get them up soon.

Was a great ride today...good to meet some of the ncfj group
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:13 pm

Awesome! Was kind of bummed I did not take a single one on the trail today. Glad y'all got some. Was definitely one of my favorite trips so far. Good trails and the obstacles were all fun as well. Did them all except the rutted out hill climb.

Brian you should have seen it, Flush went up the right side and decided he was going to just try and U- turn and go back down the middle one . Was on the mass of tree roots at the top and the truck slid down a little bit sitting sideways at that steep angle. Almost had a heart attack watching it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Yeah, it's a lot steeper up their than it looks. Turning around up there is definitely something you do with caution.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Richland is always a fun cruise. Too bad we didn't get the snow ride this year again...
Back to top Go down
gilbo182
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
gilbo182

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:49 am

a shot from the ride....i should have more later.

2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Img95410Just
Back to top Go down
flushead
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 3:36 pm

THANKS FOR A GREAT TRAIL RIDE! I THINK IT'S A LOT BETTER THAN HC EXCEPT THE HILL CLIMB! LOL THANKS AGAIN MADTOY
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:13 pm

Didn't realize they had a big fire there back in November. 150 acres burned. Some guys that got stuck in their truck, and started a fire to keep warm.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:16 pm

MadToy wrote:
Didn't realize they had a big fire there back in November. 150 acres burned. Some guys that got stuck in their truck, and started a fire to keep warm.

wow...where was the fire exactly..
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Must not have been anywhere too close to where we were?? Saw nothing
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 5:28 pm

http://www2.wataugademocrat.com/News/story/Ranger-Campfire-caused-Sampson-blaze-id-009615
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Reading that news story, the fire was located at the exit area of the trail. Once you pass the abandoned house the road turns to gravel. There are a few roads that lead off to the right. Those are the roads listed in the story. It wouldn't have been from someone on the Richland Road trail, unless they went way off the trail. There are a few off shoots from Richland Road that aren't really a part of the trail. Perhaps it was someone traveling down one of these. Its odd because there are houses in this area. Its not highly populated, but there are house in walking distance. I think there is more to the story than someone got stuck. I still think the locals are growing weed or making moonshine in them hills.

Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 6:38 pm

i agree with you Brian...someone probably got a still that went out of control...
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 11:24 pm

It was near the end of the trail on Penley Rd. but it was along our path. It was pretty extensive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 6:28 am

Oh, I was just going off of Adam not seeing anything. I guess he is not that observant. Very Happy

I hate that it was near the trail though. Its just more help for those wanting to shut it down.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:29 am

I dont remember seeing it last time we were up there
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:52 am

I'm more observant of my surroundings. Adam and Casey have probably never seen Deliverance.... affraid
Back to top Go down
warwagon
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
warwagon

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 9:52 am

Drive Faster - I Hear Banjo Music
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 2:58 pm

gilbo182 wrote:
a shot from the ride....i should have more later.

*CLEARS THROAT IN LOUD OBNOXIOUS MANNER*

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride    2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd Annual Saint Pattys Day Richland Road Ride
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5