NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Input needed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
5keepers
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
5keepers

Input needed Empty
PostSubject: Input needed   Input needed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:51 pm

We (Leith Toyota) are working on a couple FJ's for the show. Gonna dress them up a little bit if you will. What's better in your opinion, OEM TRD wheels with BFG A/T's or a nice, rugged looking aftermarket wheel with a Mickey Thompson, Hankook or other tire. Cost is a factor. Figure $2,000ish for the TRD setup and maybe half that for aftermarket stuff. Would you guys rather see bling or functional accessories? Nerf bars or sliders? Brush guard or off-road bumper? Any opinion is welcome. This is just a troll for information. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ncttora.com
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

Input needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input needed   Input needed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Functional all the way. A true enthusiast wants stuff that works first and looks good second. Sliders, off-road bumper and Aftermarket wheel and tire combo.

My $.02
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

Input needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input needed   Input needed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Functional for the most part. At least one FJ done up functionally is good for someone that is looking to use it off road.

Maybe another one midly done up for the average consumer.

Aftermarket wheels/tires, bumper, rockrails and lights would showcase nicely for functional FJ.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com

Input needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input needed   Input needed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:47 pm

I agree with David. One more modded out and one slightly. Black wheel seem to be the way to go. It would be awesome if some of the supporting vendor products could be on the FJs.
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Input needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input needed   Input needed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:50 pm

I say functional items as well.
When looking for aftermarket wheels don't go any bigger than 17 inch. 16 and 17 inch tend to be the wheel size of choice among FJ enthusiasts.

As for tires, I would say put a set of rugged looking 285 size all terrain tires such as Good Year Duratracs, Nitto Trail Grapplers, Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx just to name a few.

I would also suggest a 2-3 inch lift for starters. Done right this could be a relatively inexpensive and very functional upgrade.

Rock sliders, skids, and aftermarket bumper are all items that are very functional to the off-roading enthusiast.
Back to top Go down

Input needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input needed   Input needed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:59 pm

I gotta agree with Jami. You should be able to get your money back if you go mild.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Input needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input needed   Input needed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:37 pm

aftermarket wheels...Mickey Ts...and then some aggressive All terrains...Real sliders.... definately NOT a brush guard...a real offroad bumper...and of course there must be a decent lift...nothing ridiculous..but enough...!!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Input needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input needed   Input needed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:40 pm

even a set of skids would be worth it to me if i was buying new...if you buy a truck for off road use...then u know the value of skids...

Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Input needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input needed   Input needed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:41 pm

oh yeah and the fitted up truck when done should be part of the raffle...ill buy a buh-tox load of tickets ....
Back to top Go down

Input needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input needed   Input needed Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:07 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
oh yeah and the fitted up truck when done should be part of the raffle...ill buy a buh-tox load of tickets ....

Meeee toooooo
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

Input needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input needed   Input needed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:20 pm

This will be very interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Input needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Input needed   Input needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Input needed
Page 1 of 1