NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BMC needed.

Go down 
+2
DamnItsAGlasgow
MCRobertson
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 2:55 am

Whats up fellas? I have an issue, I need a BMC but do not own a welder or have anyone I know that has a welder but i need the chop. I want the metal stock welder back for the factory look. Im only getting slight rub turn all the way to the right. None on day to day driving but I might as well get the extra metal off that Toyota thought was a good idea to install. My question is does anyone know someone that can give me a factory look but not half a day drive from me. I'm an hour away from the NC line and don't mind paying for it as long as it's a good clean look.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:42 am

As usual, Brian @ Auto Solutions does the best BMC I've seen... but that would involve driving all the way to Charlotte Sad
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:44 am

Have you got an alignment done to adjust the caster forward? If it is just minor rub that could very well solve it completely.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:49 am

iwashmycar wrote:
Have you got an alignment done to adjust the caster forward? If it is just minor rub that could very well solve it completely.

Agreed, that was my problem when I lifted mine and this fixed it perfectly
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:19 am

A blueroom thread says Iron Pig wherever that is (Fredricksburg?) was 2 hours @ $95/hr + $10 in material.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/suspension-steering-tech/137261-body-chop-fredericksburg-va.html
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:20 am

I am very impressed with auto solutions job. It looks like factory body mount. I will actually be in charlotte in April for a week for work but hate to wait that long. On my alignment I just told them to get me straight and square. Lol. Didn't want to confuse those guys with the lr ucas. Although they could have handled it I'm sure. I may see if auto solutions can work something out for me next month while I'm in town.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 2:57 am

iwashmycar wrote:
A blueroom thread says Iron Pig wherever that is (Fredricksburg?) was 2 hours @ $95/hr + $10 in material.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/suspension-steering-tech/137261-body-chop-fredericksburg-va.html

Seriously?? he charges folks for the BMC ...that much?? hell ill do it for free and include the sheet metal replacement....IRONPIG ...wow...bet he sleeps great at night
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:46 am

That is $200....

ASI is like $225 no?
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:00 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
Seriously?? he charges folks for the BMC ...that much?? hell ill do it for free and include the sheet metal replacement....IRONPIG ...wow...bet he sleeps great at night

Did I just hear..... FRRRREEEEEEEEE?affraid
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:20 pm

I'm def game for anyone that can give me an auto solutions type factory look. Dewey I def don't mind compensating you for Ur time.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:46 pm

time is of the essence....not trying to take anything ever from Brian at ASI....his guys do a great job...i would hate for you to drive an extra 2 hours to Charlotte ...thats why im letting you know i can do it...

i just dont know when i could do it..ill be free most weekends but i have alot of "building" to do on those weekends...i could squeeze it in..
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:47 pm

If you can do it I might have you do mine at pick up.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 12:10 am

well see what we can do bro!
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:38 am

You just let me know what you think. I am free every other weekend (working this weekend) and don't mind helping I just don't have the welder to replace the stock that is cut off. Also I want that clean look and not sure that I have the patients for that.
Back to top Go down
FJoe
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJoe

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:28 pm

+1 for Iron Pig in Fredricksburg. I used to live up that way, and while I have not had any of their work on my rig, I have seen some of their stuff, and its all quality work. Just throwing my 2 cents in.
Back to top Go down
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Been a while since I have been able to get on and spend any length of time. With that being said I did get the BMC done by Brian at Auto Solutions and I can say that I am completely satisfied. Not only was he a super nice guy but the work was excellent. Other than the fresh primer and paint on the under side of the vehicle it is no way that you could tell any cutting was done. It even still looks like the factory style mount. A+++ for those guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BMC needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMC needed.   BMC needed. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BMC needed.
Page 1 of 1