NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ANOTHER URE RUN

Go down 
+7
Scottydog
Orange Boxx
Darklight
FJerYuri
NC FJ Driver
crogers6569
bigdogdewey2
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:04 pm

I bought my year pass at the ranger's office in Troy. I bought mine in June so this does not apply to me. However she did say some of the season passes bought later in the season were good for the following full season too. This might be the case with yours. I don't have mine in front of me, but I think it is green and reads 2011 on it.
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:37 pm

thats what mine looks like. Green with 2011 on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Looks like yours is probably only valid until this December. Looks like you have to go back several times to get your money's worth!

Honestly when I bought mine I doubted that I would go more than a few times, but I wanted to support the park and the OHV trails. Now that I have experienced the fun I would hate for it to go away due to insufficient funds.
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:54 pm

good till dec 14th at midnight 2011, next years pass will go on sale aroudn the end of january for teh april through december 2012 season.
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:56 pm

On another note I buy two season passes a year. One that goes on my helmet for riding quads and my new toyota 1st gen and 1 on the back glass of my truck
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: season passes   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:34 pm

i probably wont buy a season pass now..as im more than likely not going to be at URE for more than 5 times this year...i agree with brian that i would like to support the parks and trails ...i think a good idea would be to have a "CLEAN UP RIDE" some time and see if we cant get those passes for free...it would be good for everyone involved..the parks and the drivers...I think Chad had mentioned that there was a way to do this...im not sure what it is and im sure that Chad can expand on that...i am still wanting to make a ride next week and maybe we could incorporate a clean up too....thoughts???
Back to top Go down
Orange Boxx
SUPPORTING VENDOR - OrangeBoxx
SUPPORTING VENDOR - OrangeBoxx

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:55 pm

So ure I need a pass to get on the trails ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.orangeboxxfabrication.com
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:00 pm

Yeah 5$ at the outpost right outside the trails
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:53 am

Is this ride still on? I REALLY need to get my FJ off road for its maiden voyage. I feel 99% that I can get there the 17th.

I will read my manual again this week to try and understand the ATrac and Diff Lock. I saw somewhere on here that the trails are passable with a stock FJ. That is pretty much where mine sits...only off-road mod of sorts are my sliders and the 5100s up front. What trail(s) will we be taking?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: run on 17th   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:36 am

As far as im concerned..it is still on...we will know more towards the end of the week...and as far as yur ride being stock there should be NO problem at all....
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:49 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
i probably wont buy a season pass now..as im more than likely not going to be at URE for more than 5 times this year...i agree with brian that i would like to support the parks and trails ...i think a good idea would be to have a "CLEAN UP RIDE" some time and see if we cant get those passes for free...it would be good for everyone involved..the parks and the drivers...I think Chad had mentioned that there was a way to do this...im not sure what it is and im sure that Chad can expand on that...i am still wanting to make a ride next week and maybe we could incorporate a clean up too....thoughts???

I agree, we should start or adopt a trail maintenance/ clean up day. I am not sure how to organize this maybe we need to talk with the Park Ranger or the Outpost folks. I would love to do this to help perserve the trails for future use.

Looks like we will be able to make it out this coming weekend too!!! Depends on the weather system but we might try and come out on Friday night (around 7:30) and camp off Wolfs Den trail like last time. Chad you down for that? It will be me and my lady Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:25 pm

If folks camp the night before, do they come out to the Outpost as a meeting place or would we meet somewhere else? What time?
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:19 pm

I am down for camping nut wont be able to show until around 10 got a date that night. Ill give you directions to the campsite off an easy trail.
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:25 pm

I'm in for the trail riding saturday and sunday. i'm trying to work it out to camp sat night but all my equip is old and needs replacing. Does it cost extra to camp? Is it better to camp in the campground by the lake or on the trail?

Sorry to be such a noob.
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:05 pm

I might join you guys for this, depending on my schedule by weeks end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:21 pm

I am in!

I finished my chores and now I get to play. I am just in for Saturday. I can meet up anytime Saturday morning.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: WOW   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:57 pm

this sounds like it is gonna turn out to be another great weekend...really looking forward to it as my wife is gonna join us too...hey BOBBY...i think that we should start with talking to the OUTPOST folks and see if they have any info on "trail cleanup"...starting there i think is a good place..if we need to talk to the Park Ranger then we move onto that...i think it would be a great thing to do for the trails and for us as a group...im wondering if there should be a person assigned from NCFJ to be the liason with the Park Service...im thinking that Chief David Bronson might be brought in on this subject...anyway it sounds like this weekend is gonna be a good one...
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:28 pm

The folks at the outpost have no connection to URE other than it being the reason they are successful. Dewey you know the guy who coordinates trail work days and can get us in touch with the forest service to adopt a trail. Eli is the man to talk to. The guy with the red dodge raider.

As far as camping... camping on the trails is free. If you look at a trail map you can meet us at the campsite any time all night friday on Wolfs Den, Take teh main forest service road down to the wolfs den trail head and continue on wolfs den until you see the 4runner parked up on the left in a uphill corner.

Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: trail cleanup   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:42 pm

hey scotty dog...the best way to understand the atrac and diff lock is to actually use it in a situation where you need it...it can seem extremely confusing but in actual practice its very very simple...and when we get down there at URE we will all show you how it works...and you will actually be very amazed...

Chad...i dont know the guy in the raider...but imsure we can get a hold of him sometime and see what we can get done...it sounds like a great idea especially if we get free trail passes...its worth it to me to stop and pick up trash and even work on the trails...
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 8:37 am

Forecast is now calling for 60 - 70% chance of rain friday, less or none on saturday. Hopefully this will just settle the dust like last time.
Back to top Go down
gbiffle
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:41 am

Will anyone be running on Sunday or is it Saturday and head back home? Saturday is out for me (have to run to TN and back that day). Could use the above mentioned Atrac vs. Diff lock lesson as well.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:09 pm

Read the manual AGAIN last night, think I have it, but definitely need practical experience. I understand when it is wet at URE, it can be quite challenging. Does that change anything for us stock/non-AT tire folks? My General Grabbers only seem to grab small pebbles to hold in the tread and tick as I drive down the road until they kick out, probably onto someone's windshield...I hate tailgaters!
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Unless we get monsoon season for a well then ire wont be an issue for stock tires. The ground doesn't hold water down there's. It just runs off and drys out really quick.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Hoorah...I'm ready to go...even bought myself a snatch strap for the ocassion...hope that doesn't offend anyone...
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:04 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
this sounds like it is gonna turn out to be another great weekend...really looking forward to it as my wife is gonna join us too...hey BOBBY...i think that we should start with talking to the OUTPOST folks and see if they have any info on "trail cleanup"...starting there i think is a good place..if we need to talk to the Park Ranger then we move onto that...i think it would be a great thing to do for the trails and for us as a group...im wondering if there should be a person assigned from NCFJ to be the liason with the Park Service...im thinking that Chief David Bronson might be brought in on this subject...anyway it sounds like this weekend is gonna be a good one...

We need to find out who Eli is to coordinate this Trail clean up. Chad is this Eli from NC4X4 with the red Raider? How can we can contact him and who should be in charge of arranging these club trail meetings? I would love to be apart of them!

The weather does look like it may rain better bring some boots! Cool

Who else is down the camp Friday night? Like Crogers said just take the main service rd in until you come to Wolfs Den trail, then go down a ways on the Wolfs Den Trail and u will see us on the left. Looking forward to another trip and seeing you guys again as well as meeting some new folks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANOTHER URE RUN   ANOTHER URE RUN - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANOTHER URE RUN
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: Events :: Individual Trail Rides-
Jump to: