NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Speedrye build

Go down 
+19
FiJiKrawl
DamnItsAGlasgow
SingleTrack
planemechFJ
Crazy Hube
FJ Derek
CarolinaCruiser15
yota15
fjdarrell
ncorn38
totald
Auto Solutions
Snowdogyyz
David B
Darklight
bigdogdewey2
NC FJ Driver
Xx_Black-out
Speedrye
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

Speedrye build - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:48 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
great for winches then i assume??

on another note..i have a possible wiring project for US ....LOL

No, a winch is one of the only things that this is not designed for since most winches are going to take a lot more amperage than that.

More wiring projects?? What? Very Happy I'll probably be off for the whole week between Christmas and New Years, so just let me know when you guys want to do something and what you're wanting to do.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 12:03 am

ok good to know that it wont handle a winch..what i would like to do is put a winch controller INSIDE the truck...a switch..

i have gotten a hold of a WARN rocker switch for mounting on an ATV handle bar. i would like to actually mount it inside the truck in the center console so that if i use the winch i can control it from the cabin...since i am the one driving the truck i should be the one controlling the winch: where it should be in the first place. the hand held is great i guess but you cant steer the truck from outside ....should be pretty easy to do..i guess just tap into the control box itself...??
Back to top Go down
planemechFJ
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
planemechFJ

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Looking forward to seeing this project!
You got a link to that fuse/relay box that thing looks really nice.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 2:28 pm

http://www.cooperindustries.com/content/public/en/bussmann/transportation/products/power_distribution/power_distribution_modules/series_15400_rfrmrear-fedfuserelaymodule.html

Other places say they carry them, but they have to order them from the manufacturer and you have to buy 10, so I ordered mine straight from the manufacturer.
Back to top Go down
planemechFJ
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
planemechFJ

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Speedrye wrote:
http://www.cooperindustries.com/content/public/en/bussmann/transportation/products/power_distribution/power_distribution_modules/series_15400_rfrmrear-fedfuserelaymodule.html

Other places say they carry them, but they have to order them from the manufacturer and you have to buy 10, so I ordered mine straight from the manufacturer.

Cool, looks like it will be a clean install. So you are just planning on cleaning up existing wiring with the ability to add new?
When do you plan on doing all this? I will help but I'm not really free until early Jan. Let me know. Either way looks like fun.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Ha, I've actually got this stuff wrapped up under the tree for me now, but I couldn't resist taking a few pictures when it all came in. Obviously I won't start something for at least a week. It'll probably be in January though since I've got to get a game plan of what I'm wiring up. So far, I'm going to run dedicated circuits for:

LED light bars (each?)
Hella bumper lights
PIAA bumper lights
HID bumper lights (each)
Rock lights
Dedicated CB circuit
Dedicated circuit for each heated seat
Camera system

I know there's more stuff, but I haven't had enough time to think about it. After X-mas, I'll play with what I've got some so I know what to order before getting started. I know I'm going to need lots of wire and shrink tubing at the very least. Probably need more fuses and relays too. I'll make a list at some point and post it up. I'll welcome some help once I get going on it.
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:23 am

Speedrye! I hear you're the one to talk to about installing some 5100's in the front. A little birdie named Derek told me :-) I just ordered some yesterday!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:05 am

oh RYAN!!!! guess what i got today??

cant guess??

well...i wont tell you until you see it! but its loud! ..in fact loud as hell!!! weeeeeeeeeeee
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:10 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:

cant guess??

well...i wont tell you until you see it! but its loud! ..in fact loud as hell!!! weeeeeeeeeeee
Really?! This is gonna be fun. Bouncing up Daniel WOOOOOOOMMMPPPP
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:14 pm

SingleTrack wrote:
Speedrye! I hear you're the one to talk to about installing some 5100's in the front. A little birdie named Derek told me :-) I just ordered some yesterday!

I'm becoming the resident 5100 expert, but some of these guys with these new 2012s have been spoiling me with nice new, clean trucks. I hope your 07 is cleaner than mine! Lemme know if you want to get together to get those on your truck at some point. We might get a few guys together at my house like we did last time.

bigdogdewey2 wrote:

cant guess??

Train Horns!?
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:16 pm

That'd be awesome man! Yeah my truck is pretty dang clean. I don't think it's been offroad at all yet. It is an 07 but only 19k miles on it.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:12 pm

SingleTrack wrote:
That'd be awesome man! Yeah my truck is pretty dang clean. I don't think it's been offroad at all yet. It is an 07 but only 19k miles on it.

I can vouch... your truck is probably the cleanest '07 I've ever seen! Made me look bad in front of the wife cheers
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 4:03 pm

My bad Mitch! My bad! ...of course my wifes comment about yours was something along the lines of ..."his looks like a monster truck" haha!
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:26 pm

hmmm ppl gettingtogether to do work on trucks? sounds like we should set up a mod day... lol i really need help with all of my wiring. i have a whole list of things.. (lets see, hid kit, front bumper fog lights, (if it comes in any time soon) winch, 5 offroad lights on my pre-runner light bar, two reverse lights(roofrack), rear bumper lights,(once again it it comes in any time soon) led tail lights and front corners.... think that's it, oh wait a CB as well.... i def. have my work cut out for me
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:31 pm

Darrell it sounds like you need a mod week!
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:34 pm

yeah lol, a week may not even cover it
Back to top Go down
FiJiKrawl
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FiJiKrawl

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 6:36 pm

SingleTrack wrote:

wow. mine's an 07 and it is about to roll 123k.
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 6:57 pm

I just bought it a month ago. Old guy owned it before me and he traded it for an H2. Go figure....
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 9:58 pm

yes Ryan...TRAIN HORNS...a beautiful gorgeous kit of TRAIN HORNS!!!...i cannot wait for this to happen...i pity the fool who texts and drives around me...or bicycles, or slow pokes, or trains or whatever!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 10:28 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
yes Ryan...TRAIN HORNS...a beautiful gorgeous kit of TRAIN HORNS!!!...i cannot wait for this to happen...i pity the fool who texts and drives around me...or bicycles, or slow pokes, or trains or whatever!!

Mike can't wait for you to install them. They are definitely on my list if Mods.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 11:35 pm

ill get a picture of it all laid out tomorrow ...this thing is Bada$$..
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:47 am

SingleTrack wrote:
My bad Mitch! My bad! ...of course my wifes comment about yours was something along the lines of ..."his looks like a monster truck" haha!

Bahahaha far from it, brother! Maybe one of these days though...
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:45 pm

Fuses get expensive when you buy lots at a time... I also ordered all of my relays for the block today. I would've made more progress, but the fuse box and misc. parts got wrapped up and put under the tree after I took pictures of them...

Next step is to make a wiring diagram...

Speedrye build - Page 6 DSCN2251_zps62d58d4f
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Holy carp, think I know who I'm going to call when I get to wiring up all my lights
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:00 pm

Haha, I've also got another fun project in the works. Take a look at the picture below and you should be able to add up all the pieces and understand what my next bad idea is...

Speedrye build - Page 6 DSCN2250_zps369e7daf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speedrye build   Speedrye build - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speedrye build
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next