NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County Empty
PostSubject: Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County   Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 8:24 pm

Stayed at Lake Reidsville which is a city owned recreation facility in Reidsville. The campground is located at 630 Waterworks Road and is part of a larger park that includes boat ramp, large picnic shelters, disc golf course, canoes and kayaks for rent, and many other activities. The campground is wooded and extends down to the lake's edge. There are 46 sites all with Electricity and Water (29 of these sites also have sewer hookups). All the sites looked mostly level and the grounds are very natural. Bath house was clean and nicer than many others I've been to. Each site also had a picnic table and fire ring. My site was down by the lake and I couldn't have been happier. Very reasonable too, I was there Friday - Sunday and it cost me $30. There is a small camp store and bundles of fire wood available for $2. I will be going back.
http://reidsville.nc.us/lakereidsville.htm

Here are a few pics from my stay.

Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County Dsc_0112

Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County Dsc_0113

Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County Dsc_0114
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County   Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Awesome. I will put it on my list of possibilities. The wife enjoyed the last time (her first in 25 years) so we are cleared to go camping again.

Ryland, I tent camp. Can I assume that most of the sites would have dirt space sufficient to accommodate a tent? Are dogs welcome?
Back to top Go down
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

PostSubject: Re: Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County   Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:28 pm

There were 8 + sites with tent campers this weekend, so even though the sites are gravel, there is room "beside" the sites for tents. Some of the sites may be more tent friendly, just give them a call and ask, they are real friendly and helpful.
Back to top Go down
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

PostSubject: Re: Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County   Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:29 pm

Oh...and yes on dogs being allowed. I had mine with me too.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County   Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Wow, looks great, and the third pic is a computer background shot for sure!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County   Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lake Reidsville, Rockingham County
Page 1 of 1