NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Richland Gap Trail Run

Go down 
+3
NC FJ Driver
bigdogdewey2
crogers6569
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Richland Gap Trail Run Empty
PostSubject: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:21 pm

RICHLAND GAP TRAIL RIDE - SATURDAY - NOVEMBER 5TH

This trail ride will take us on fire service roads through the area between Lenoir and Blowing Rock. The trails have been reported as being easy to moderate.

Meeting place: Exit 150 (Hwy 115) at Sheetz gas station. Easy access and plenty of room. Link below:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=35.802108,-80.905681&spn=0.005056,0.014656&t=h&z=17&vpsrc=6

Meeting time: 8:30am - 9am I will be there at 8:30 rolling out at 9:00.

If you are coming a different way than westbound I-40, let me know and we can make a 2nd meeting stop.

So far the following people are going:

Brian & family
Mike & Angie
Alan & family
Darrel & Annette
Paul (& possibly wife)

If I have forgotten anyone, please let me know.

Last edited by Brian7758 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:03 am

Im down... I want to do a new years eve run up there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:33 am

Awesome. I am not sure about New Years Eve yet, but I know I would love to hit some snow up there sometime.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: bad "BUH TOX" tires...   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 7:46 am

Ok ill admit it ...its me...and yes I will plan for the 5th of November...i am actually hoping that there is snow that weekend...doubt it but one can only hope...I wuould say that Brian takes the lead on this event...hope that we get our regular trailmates plus as many new friends as we can...
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 7:48 pm

I'll just be finishing up a two week "surge" at work, so it'll depend on how "tuckered out" I am or if I can convince the wife to drive the four hours over to the mountains...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 8:00 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
Ok ill admit it ...its me...and yes I will plan for the 5th of November...i am actually hoping that there is snow that weekend...doubt it but one can only hope...I wuould say that Brian takes the lead on this event...hope that we get our regular trailmates plus as many new friends as we can...

No problem. I will look into good meeting places. I was thinking possibly somewhere in Statesville. I imagine everyone would be traveling through there. As it gets closer I will try to get it more organized. Hopefully we will get a lot of interest for this run.
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 8:47 pm

statesville is a tough meeting spot.... pick a rest stop on 40 and meet there, those are hard to miss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:04 pm

crogers6569 wrote:
statesville is a tough meeting spot.... pick a rest stop on 40 and meet there, those are hard to miss.

I don't know Chad. My understanding was that other "groups" of men use rest stops to meet. I wouldn't want the NCFJers be confused with the NCBJers! HA lol!
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:54 pm

We usually meet in Lenior. Plenty of meeting spots.

I'll plan one the first of next year, whenever I get a snow report.......
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 11:50 pm

im alergic to lenoir... get a flat tire every time i go through there.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:57 am

Brian7758 wrote:
crogers6569 wrote:

I don't know Chad. My understanding was that other "groups" of men use rest stops to meet. I wouldn't want the NCFJers be confused with the NCBJers! HA lol!

Now that right there is some funny stuff!!!affraid
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:36 pm

crogers6569 wrote:
im alergic to lenoir... get a flat tire every time i go through there.

Well bring spares cause Richland is in Lenior.

Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:21 pm

so is richland connected to brown mountain or is it separate? If separate, are they close by each other?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:55 pm

They aren't connected. I think they are about approximately 30 minutes apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 5:04 pm

I have never been to Brown Mountain's OHV park, but all the info I have seen suggests it is more for atvs and bikes. I think there are only 2 trails (6 miles total) that 4X4 vehicles are allowed to travel on. Both of the trails are rated as easy.

http://www.hickoryveloclub.com/routes/brown_mountain_orv.pdf
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:08 pm

IMO BrownMtn is not worth the drive, and Richland is pretty tame also, but has some difficult bypasses but is only worth the drive if you're planning on being in the area or if there's snow on the ground.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: i would like to make the richland rd    Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:16 pm

i would like to make the richland rd. anyway...it sounds like a good "relaxing" trip...my parents have a place up in lansing...and it may be a good place to go and then relax at the mountain house...but im definetaly gonna make it if there is enough interest ...cmon boys...lets go!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:26 pm

I am definitely going. I already have approval from the boss. Personally I like a little challenge, but also just enjoy being outdoors. I thought this trip might be a good change to see the trail before a run with snow on the ground.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: im in total agreement   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:25 pm

yeah i too like being outdoors...and i think it would be a fun time...slow roll thru the mountains and i agree with brian...get a look at it before the snow...
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:40 pm

or we can do time trials and see who can get thorugh the fastest.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:52 pm

crogers6569 wrote:
or we can do time trials and see who can get thorugh the fastest.
Leave that poop to ECORS.......

We don't need anymore trail closures inWestern NC, all the good ones are gone.
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:53 pm

gotta close em all... I was just joking though. Richland wont be around for long but I dont want to accelerate that any.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:20 am

WTF? I can't say sh1t? What about Buh-tox, or farkle..
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:21 am

WTF is a farkle?
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:11 am

lrgrnr wrote:
WTF is a farkle?

Didnt you use it? Slow down, I'm getting confused!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Richland Gap Trail Run
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next