NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Floor jack size?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Floor jack size? Empty
PostSubject: Floor jack size?   Floor jack size? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 10:54 pm

yup, seems like a silly question. I had left my 4 ton shop jack behind bc there was simply no room for that huge heavy beast.  (I gave it to a neighbor) I loved that jack, one quick pump to load and a another few to raise to max height if needed.
What size are you folks using on your FJ?

I see 3 and 3.5 Ton jacks from Summit at a decent price.

just a quick distraction from our ongoing move... I`ll need a good jack real soon...

Thanks folks!, Andy...Cool
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

Floor jack size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floor jack size?   Floor jack size? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:05 am

I bought a Powerbuilt Unijack 6000 from Pep Boys a few months back and I love it. Jack and stand in one! Works well for the FJ's height.

http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/633527/00134/?quantity=1
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343

Floor jack size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floor jack size?   Floor jack size? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:17 am

I like the concept of that, but still need a service jack for the garage so it can multitask Laughing
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

Floor jack size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floor jack size?   Floor jack size? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:54 am

Yeah it wouldnt really work too well for dropping coilovers out and such....
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

Floor jack size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floor jack size?   Floor jack size? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 10:49 pm

I love the Arcan XL35.  It's a heavy beast, but it can slide under a lowered sports car with ease, but still raise my lifted FJ enough that the tires clear the ground.  Mine's 5 years old now and has been perfect.  It's seen a lot of NCFJ members trucks in the past few years as well.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Floor jack size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floor jack size?   Floor jack size? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:19 pm

mines a Harbor Freight model...beastly, heavy, strong, ugly, and cheap as he!!....had it a long time and have beaten the crap out of it.
Back to top Go down

Floor jack size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floor jack size?   Floor jack size? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:09 am

Speedrye wrote:
I love the Arcan XL35.  It's a heavy beast, but it can slide under a lowered sports car with ease, but still raise my lifted FJ enough that the tires clear the ground.  Mine's 5 years old now and has been perfect.  It's seen a lot of NCFJ members trucks in the past few years as well.

hmmm, I don`t know this brand... so far everyday I say I need a jack soon...lol...
Summit racing has an OTC jack for 200+ that 3.5 ton, or a Ranger 3 ton for 185.00
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

Floor jack size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floor jack size?   Floor jack size? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 8:47 am

I have a 3 ton from Northern tool, used my discount card and it was pretty cheap.  It's been working fine for 3 years now so no complaints.

Shipping on a jack is going to be hefty, I'd look local.
Back to top Go down

Floor jack size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floor jack size?   Floor jack size? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:31 am

Just got around to ordering the OTC 3 1/2 ton jack from Summit Racing with free shipping! FTW!cheers
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

Floor jack size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floor jack size?   Floor jack size? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:14 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down

Floor jack size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floor jack size?   Floor jack size? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:45 pm

I can`t wait to try it out...lol...

Floor jack size? Otc-1526_w_ml
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

Floor jack size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floor jack size?   Floor jack size? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:34 am

Free shipping!!  Can't beat that
Back to top Go down

Floor jack size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floor jack size?   Floor jack size? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:09 pm

and here it is, what a beast, weighing in at 100 #`s. so the carton says...lol...

Floor jack size? 82233d1375397535-shiba-cruiser-pale-rider-p1010868
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Floor jack size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floor jack size?   Floor jack size? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Floor jack size?
Page 1 of 1