NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th

Go down 
+15
DirtyRed
NCFJ1
Southeast Overland
NC FJ Driver
TacoWillie
Snewcombe93
lrgrnr
Imperial AT-FJ
2wheeldrive
crogers6569
yota15
Crazy Hube
iwashmycar
MadToy
bigdogdewey2
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:49 am

Crazy Hube wrote:
Brian wrote:
Its all going to depend on when it comes in. The Jeep will be lifted, so shouldnt be too hard. It will just be a matter of doing it.

Casey, are you going ot have a Radio?

I guess I will buy a handheld like some of you folks have....do you and Nick recomend an antenna with the magbase?

Here's what I got - http://www.amazon.com/Little-Wilson-Magnet-Mount-Antenna/dp/B000I5NQA8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1370357337&sr=8-2&keywords=magnet+cb+antenna

This is a real nice deal:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacoma-marketplace/280418-fs-cobra-75-wxst.html

Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:47 pm

Sitting here reading at lunch, .......argh. I build this stuff for a living and don't have a rig that is trail worthy. I really like Coal Creek, lots of fun stuff there. Trail 3 has always been a favorite since a group of us broke off and ran it down then back up after a week of storms.

It was marked with a skull and crossed bones with a sign "run at your own risk". There was still water running down parts of it. There is no way I can have something together by that time, I am just too busy in the shopt to take the time to work on my own stuff.

Anyone here have a Gen 1 4RNR or 88 or there abouts PU that has 63" springs on the back? I have an 88 and looking at 63" springs out back and 3 linking the front. I have a donor rig for the front axle and second case. It's on 33s now, thinking 35s are the biggest I'd go on the rig, I do not want to cut up the fenders.

Maybe if I get another paddock fenced and a few run in sheds built I will back off the farm for a while and focus on getting a rig on the trail.

FJC has had all the body work done and re sprayed, silver again. I took all the skids off it so I will not take it out and thrash it again.

Someone was talking about running with the rails attached to the body,DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!! If you put any weight on them they will crumple the tin they are mounted to. I have the sliders off of my FJC currently, I will lend you them for the weekend if you like. You will just have to swing through here and get them on the way. Probably a 1:45 hr detour in drive time. We can install and take them off here if you like, probably the easy way. Just let me know.

Stan
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Does that mean you're coming Stan?

What a Face
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Hey Stan, really wish you had a rig ready, would love to wheel some with you! Hopefully that is in the not to distant future...wasn't there a sweet truggy sitting in the shop when you installed my rear bumper!Very Happy

NCFJ1 wrote:
I have the sliders off of my FJC currently, I will lend you them for the weekend if you like. You will just have to swing through here and get them on the way. Probably a 1:45 hr detour in drive time. We can install and take them off here if you like, probably the easy way. Just let me know.
Stan
This is an awesome (and very generous) offer! Thanks for supporting those trying to get into off roading!

Very
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:13 pm

The bumper and winch are installed! The winch still needs to be wired and cord wound up. A big package is being dropped off in the next two days. Its either the rear bumper or skids. Either way, I know what I will be doing this weekend.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:51 pm

i think its about time to change that avatar picture...
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:51 pm

MadToy wrote:
Does that mean you're coming Stan?

What a Face

No, I will not be going. We have a lot on our plate in the next month and there is not time for a truck right now.
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:55 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
Hey Stan, really wish you had a rig ready, would love to wheel some with you! Hopefully that is in the not to distant future...wasn't there a sweet truggy sitting in the shop when you installed my rear bumper!Very Happy

NCFJ1 wrote:
I have the sliders off of my FJC currently, I will lend you them for the weekend if you like. You will just have to swing through here and get them on the way. Probably a 1:45 hr detour in drive time. We can install and take them off here if you like, probably the easy way. Just let me know.
Stan
This is an awesome (and very generous) offer! Thanks for supporting those trying to get into off roading!

Very

Hey Paul, I have not touched the truggy in over a year. Shoemaker's kids need new shoes:roll: Just trying to get going with more fence, it has not dried out enough here to start setting posts. I don't think I'll have anything ready this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:32 pm

MadToy wrote:
Brian once told a story of this brother he has, that supposedly gets a new vehicle every 6 months. I'm beginning to wonder if Brian himself is this brother?

Ha I just saw this! Very Happy Seriously though my brother is 10 times worse. I am good for 1 vehicle every 2-4 years. My brother is 2-4 vehicles every year. By the way he is now contemplating getting another jeep.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 7:57 am

I don't feel so bad about my "tire issues" now.... Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 10:35 am

MadToy wrote:
I don't feel so bad about my "tire issues" now.... Surprised

Have you sold the Falkens yet, or do you have 4 new tire swings in the back yard?
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 10:55 am

Brian wrote:

Have you sold the Falkens yet, or do you have 4 new tire swings in the back yard?

H20_Cruiser (Tyler) bought 'em. They look real nice on the Yellow FJ. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 10:59 am

probably because it is in contrast to the yellow FJ! HiiiOOOO Razz
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Only a couple weeks away! Gotta start a list of the trails we want to do as definite, and argue over the maybe's.... Smile

Definite

Maybe
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:42 pm

15 is a definite if it is dry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:45 pm

All of my votes have to have an "*" placed by it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:46 pm

Brian wrote:
All of my votes have to have an "*" placed by it. Sad

Well at least you'd get to ride them...and in more comfort than the JKUR to be sure!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:51 pm

Heck, I'll ride up any of them! Right now it all depends on the skids. Everything else will be done this week. I think I will be going this Saturday to Uwharrie. Without the skids, I am probably not going to take the hardest trails. I might drive Friday and ride/spot on Saturday. If the skids come, I trust Nick's judgement with the trails. I think Casey might be getting too big for his britches. geek
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:56 pm

Brian wrote:
Heck, I'll ride up any of them! Right now it all depends on the skids. Everything else will be done this week. I think I will be going this Saturday to Uwharrie. Without the skids, I am probably not going to take the hardest trails. I might drive Friday and ride/spot on Saturday. If the skids come, I trust Nick's judgement with the trails. I think Casey might be getting too big for his britches. geek

Don't act like you are not impressed

Laughing
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:53 am

MadToy wrote:
Only a couple weeks away!  Gotta start a list of the trails we want to do as definite, and argue over the maybe's.... Smile

Definite
G5
13- appears to be more of an ATV trail
12- appears to be more of an ATV trail
15 if dry

Maybe
15 if wet

Last edited by MadToy on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:03 am

Good looking list
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:37 pm

I say friday just follow us until you feel uncomfortable...

are not worth running.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:38 pm

They are like wolfs den....
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:38 pm

15 isn't bad when wet either. Just a possibility to roll a tire off the bead.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:52 pm

13-12 is a good run...May try to run it if time permits. 

If you want a list of trails to stay off of 

39 unless its absolutely bone dry
40A
rodgers ridge
Stair Steps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th   Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windrock/Coal Creek Trip June 27th
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next