NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gulches, October 6th

Go down 
+5
NC FJ Driver
Crazy Hube
bigdogdewey2
MadToy
smoky cruiser
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:44 pm

Four hour drive from Raeford, meaning it should be that or more for most of yoozguyz...what is youall's plans? Anyone going down Friday night and camping somewhere? anyone planning on wheeling all day then camping Saturday night? Just trying to develop my options!
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Should be some nice cool nights now for camping. I won't be though. Only a 2 hour ride for me.
Back to top Go down
85runner
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
85runner

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 8:12 pm

The camping is nice there. The cooler weather would make it even better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 8:56 pm

The wife and I are going to the Columbia Zoo on Sunday. So we are going to stay overnight somewhere closer to Columbia. I have this trip posted in the blue room and I think there are a few planning on staying that night. Looks like we will have around 10 vehicles. Should be a good one.

Blue Room Thread - The Gulches Trip
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:40 pm

Come on guys, there were more of you interested. Casey? Mike?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 3:37 pm

Looks to be good weather for us. For any of you on the fence, it is a neat place to wheel. Some neat obstacles that aren't all rocks (like Uwharrie) with a good range of difficulty. I am passing along my phone number to those going. If anyone else to decides to go, just let me know. Hopefully we will be able to keep everyone together.
Back to top Go down
Va4Runner
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Va4Runner

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Not a hundred percent sure if I am going home or not but if I decide not to I will meet up with you guys down there. Had a good time at uwharrie last month but I still dont think I will push it too much especially since I have only been offroading with her once. If I do go down I wouldn't be camping just an fyi and it looks like you said to meet around 930-1000 in the parking lot is that still the plan?
Back to top Go down
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/members/oneindustries.html

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:58 pm

Meeting time is 9:30. You will see a large open area in the front. The gulches is a neat place in that there are plenty of medium trails that offer obstacles other than big rocks. My impression of uwharrie is that you go over big rocks or it is an easy dirt road. The gulches offers the in between. And there is some crazy hard stuff too if that is your thing.
Back to top Go down
Va4Runner
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Va4Runner

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:09 pm

Alrighty thanks that sounds good hopefully I will end up down there we will see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/members/oneindustries.html
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Hey Brian - I'm planning on running low on gas at the start, so we can fill up somewhere in SC......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Sounds good. SC = Fireworks, cheap gas, and loose women!
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:48 pm

The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyRmHhz7422ROREhAG-8Yy0xWUnEwfCmQinqoyisl0Qg8SqVq2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:24 pm

Dude, uncool. Leave my girlfriend out of it.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:56 pm

You guys have fun and try to break something since I won't be there to do so
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 6:55 am

Going to head out in a few minute. Hoping for a fun, safe, and breakage free day.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:59 am

I know I'm going to hate missing this but just not the right weekend...make sure you take plenty o'pictures!
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:58 pm

What no pics? ...reports? ...did anyone even go? Brian, how was the zoo?
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 8:26 pm

We went. Had a blast. I got no pics though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 8:26 pm

I will up post some pics and vids tonight. The zoo was great. Brandon loved it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 8:44 pm

We didn't take a bunch of pictures, but here are the ones we took that are worth decent.

Madtoy attempting the Rock Garden Wall.

The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 DSCN3434

The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 DSCN3438

Green Monster climbing the hill.

The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 DSCN3471

The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 DSCN3472

iwashmycar approaching the hill.

The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 DSCN3474

3-wheelin spot on Bad Mamma Jamma hill.

The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 DSCN3476

The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 DSCN3480

iwashmycar getting it done!

The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 DSCN3483

Sorry Zack, the wife only had a few good ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 8:53 pm

Now for the videos. Nothing edited or special, but fun to watch.

Brian on J-Gee's Hill - YouTube

iwashmycar on J-Gee's Hill - YouTube

I can watch this next one over, and over, and over again. I have to give credit to them. This was their first time out and they didn't let this discourage them.

Mrs. iwashmycar on J-Gees Hill - YouTube

Green Monster on Bad Mamma Jamma - YouTube

Mrs. iwashmycar getting it done on Bad Mamma Jamma Hill - YouTube

Nick and Zack were shafted by my cinematographer.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:05 am

Oh I'm sure there will be a Youtube video of me out there eventually, when those Jeep guys sober up enough to post it. Gotta love getting heckled by the guys that drove around the obstacle.... Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:13 am

Yep, Adrienne says she saw them drinking, at least one of them, when we were airing down our tires. So you know they were a little lit. I am kind of surprised Skip or is helper didn't say anything to those guys.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:32 am

Yep. Both the guys in the red JKU were definitely beyond buzzed I thought. Definitely wanted to avoid them in the trails. I've seen the same thing over at URE.
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Boo. Checked under the hood today..... I got a slight new fender bulge on the drivers side. Certainly from it sliding off that rock Sad

Oh well. It seems pretty minimal.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gulches, October 6th
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next