NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gulches, October 6th

Go down 
+5
NC FJ Driver
Crazy Hube
bigdogdewey2
MadToy
smoky cruiser
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The Gulches, October 6th Empty
PostSubject: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 8:48 pm

I am planning a trip down to The Gulches on October 6th. Its near Laurens, SC. Everyone is welcome. It would be great to get some new guys coming.

The Gulches

So far these people are going.

1. Brian (with wife and son)
2. Fjdarrell (and Lindsay)
3. MadToy (maybe cheering section)

Last edited by Brian on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: Gulches   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:10 pm

I will be hopefully in on this round looks like fun down there maybe cooler by then.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:44 pm

I'm in.... Smile
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:45 pm

id like to go...we'll see...
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:44 pm

We will see....if I have any money by then I am down
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:47 pm

I'm still working on URE tomorrow, I'll figure this one out the last week of September!Laughing
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:13 pm

Paul i hope you make it to URE tomorrow...love to dent that bumper..ooops i mean see it...
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:40 pm

I'll have to cut some plastic and do the cab mounts before the Gulches trip. For some reason, that place causes much more tire/body contact than URE.
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:40 am

I should be able to make this trip
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 8:08 pm

I saw this on their website today.

"PS the river is always a great place to cool off and many are enjoying the tube trail from one end of the park to the other. Bring a float or rent one of ours!!"

I thought this was hilarious. Those who went with us last time will understand. They pushed this creek thing like it was water in the Bahamas. Now they are saying you can tube the length of the park. All 100 yards of it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:19 pm

LOL tubeable if you wade past the benthic matter and lake debris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Bump for awareness! Had a great time at Uwharrie, and it would be good to see a larger group head to the Gulches.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Gulches would probably be better with a big group also. The trails are short, and mostly one direction - and usually lead to a big enough opening to get everyone parked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 9:03 pm

That is exactly what I was thinking. Also trails people didn't want to go down, could be easily walked so they could still watch others.
Back to top Go down
85runner
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
85runner

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Mom says I can't go. Which may be a good thing with my recent bad string of luck on parts. Don't wanna be stuck 5 hours away from home.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:13 pm

85runner wrote:
Mom says I can't go. Which may be a good thing with my recent bad string of luck on parts. Don't wanna be stuck 5 hours away from home.

Borrow your dad's truck! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:30 am

I was reading an article in the Toyota owners offroad magazine. They were doing a light interview with someone with BFG tires focusing on KM2s. They mentioned their testing grounds were in SC and specifically mentioned the Gulches offroad park. just thought it was interesting.
Back to top Go down
85runner
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
85runner

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:50 am

MadToy wrote:
85runner wrote:

I took his truck once to pull Casey out of my backyard. Never was I more afraid to break something in my life.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:28 am

85runner wrote:
MadToy wrote:
85runner wrote:

I took his truck once to pull Casey out of my backyard. Never was I more afraid to break something in my life.

Ha! I hear ya. When I was your age, I took my dad's K-5 for a little ride off road. The most fearful 15 minutes of my life standing out there in the dirt waiting for him to come get me after I snapped the driveshaft Shocked
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: dads rigs   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 2:36 pm

Yeah first time I got my dads 861/2 nissan extra cab hardbody bogged out I was scared to death when I had to call him to pull me with his 1 ton chevy diesel. He was pissed but after I cleaned and changed the diff fluids we laughed about it, until it kept happening.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Alright so its only 3 weeks out and will likely be my next trip off road. I thought I would try to get a head count from the NC group. I think there will be 4-6 from the blueroom going too. Should be a good time.

So at this time who all is planning on going?

Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Hopefully me.... And lindsay of course, but you never know, on another note I may have everything installed on ny rig by then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:53 pm

So at this time who all is planning on going?

2. Fjdarrell ( and Lindsay)
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:56 pm

I'll be there. Not sure how many of the crew though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:21 pm

So at this time who all is planning on going? Updated in 1st post as well.

2. Fjdarrell (and Lindsay)
3. MadToy (maybe cheering section)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gulches, October 6th   The Gulches, October 6th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gulches, October 6th
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next