NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

October URE Run?

Go down 
+5
ncorn38
crogers6569
bigdogdewey2
Darklight
Scottydog
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

October URE Run? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Thanks Brian. I will know tomorrow if I will be headed that way.
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:35 pm

first gen wont be a speed demon... the thing is leaf sprung at all 4 corners and rides pretty rough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:10 pm

If that is the case Chad I wouldn't mind heading out with you on a few trails. I also want to do a night time ride on Saturday. What channel do you keep your CB or radio on?
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:12 pm

Ill keep it on 4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:59 pm

I will see if I can't meet you out there at 9, but son't wait on me. Its just going to be hard to say for sure. I am dealing with family on this trip. There might be another FJ with me.
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:45 pm

Ill keep my eyes open...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:30 pm

I am cutting out of work early, going home and loading up. I hope to meet up with you guys that change your mind and come out. Chad does your 1st gen still have the punisher graphic on the hood?
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Hope you guys had fun! I might be going out this coming weekend on Saturday only.
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:45 pm

I'm going to URE this Sat. 22nd only with a pal who has been itching for a ride in the FJ. I know some folks went last weekend but if anyone is looking to make a trip this saturday, let me know and I'll be glad to have some company on the trails.

If no one else is available, i'll stick to the easier trails since i'll be without a second recovery vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:45 pm

FJerYuri wrote:
I'm going to URE this Sat. 22nd only with a pal who has been itching for a ride in the FJ. I know some folks went last weekend but if anyone is looking to make a trip this saturday, let me know and I'll be glad to have some company on the trails.

If no one else is available, i'll stick to the easier trails since i'll be without a second recovery vehicle.

I am trying to arrive this Saturday the 22nd around 9ish. It will be me, Lisa and my Cousin Billy the kid Cool in the 4Runner.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:50 pm

Anyone else coming this Sat the 22nd? Looks like everyone is going to the OBX this weekend. I can't make that trip but it sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:14 am

Glad to know I'll have company Bobby.
I bet there are at least a couple more FJers out there who aren't going to OBX. Come on out to URE people!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 2:11 pm

I iwsh I could, but I spent last weekend there. I have to do chores this weekend.
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:33 pm

I was planning to be at teh OBX event but due to my retarded work schedule Ill be at work now. Have fun guys... Run daniel for me
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:04 pm

I'm often more willing to try challenging things than I should be, and often i pay for it, but..... I'm not running Daniel without you Chad.

Unless Bobby talks me into it.
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 4:26 pm

OK sounds good Daniel in November
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 4:54 pm

We will save Daniel for latter. I still need a little encouragement to get through and spotting. I have to admit i am alot more comfortable with what i'm capable of in stock formation. Thanks to you guys on here! I appreciate it. I know Chad can walk blind folded and use brail through most every trail out there. I am still figuring which trails to go through. Thinking about running WolfsDen 89 into Saw Mill 89A then Rocky Mountain loop 92 into Slab pile 92A kind of like we did last time. Stopping on the side of a trail for A lunch break.

I have a big list of mods i want (need) and at the top are Sliders and a lift!
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 11:15 pm

lift, then tires, then armor... otherwise your armor will hold you back more than help you out.

as far as sliders last mod on the list for me... I would much rather have some stout skids and a bumper.
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 11:18 pm

oh and speaking of riding the trails blindfolded and driving by braille. I attempted that on slab pile over the weekend. Got to the other end of daniel around 5pm and was camped off of falls dam. had to run trails all the way back across the park in my 1st gen with no headlights and the sun was gone by the time i hit slab pile. I hit about 15 trees and missed the trail in so many places I cant even count. Wound up taking me nearly two hours to get back with no lights other than my cell phones led zip tied to the grill of the truck.
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 11:12 am

Anyone else tell that story and I'd throw the BS flag. But I can see you doing it. (Is that a good thing????) LOL!
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 11:59 am

Yea, i hear you but Sliders are at the top of my list. The lift i can not afford but will do the install with some help, wink,wink. Hopefully i will be lifted and armored ASAP! I mean come on it's been like 3 years of waiting! I guess i will appreciate it that much more when i have it.

I can just hear you now riding down the trail in the dark " who put that tree there" hahaha You could of used your tablet for lights!
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:36 pm

It sucked I wrong try it again
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:14 am

Yuri, what time do you think you want to meet up? I do not have a cb or a walkie. (It's on my wish list though) I talked with my causin and he says that some guys from an Isuzu group will be there all weekend. I was planning on arriving around 9:ish coming form Charlotte and picking up Billy the kid in Weddington should be an hour and a half so i will need to leave my house around 7:30 to get to Eldorado around 9. I have your cell # but you know as i know that cell phones don't work in URE
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:46 am

Hey Bobby, my plans are to arrive at the Outpost around 9am (ish). I'll have a friend with me and depending on how things go tomorrow we may be a few minutes late but 9 is the target time for us to get to the outpost. I'll buy some things at the outpost and just hang out a bit so if I don't see you there it'll be no problem waiting a while.

Lets say if we dont see each other by 9:30 and if there is no phone call, we go hit the trails and try to hook up in the park. In this case, I propose a second meet up if needed at the outpost at 12pm.

My trail route is probably going to be:
START:
Wolfs Den (89) going south to Falls Dam (96)
Falls Dam (96) going southeast to road 533
END
Then going a couple miles north on 533.
START:
North end of Dickey Bell (96A) going north to intersect Rocky Mnt Loop (92)
Rocky Mnt Loop (92) going east crossing 533 again, then continuing around on (92) north and west of Rocky mountain.
Rocky Mnt Loop (92) to Sawmill (92A)
Sawmill (92A) west and south to west end of Slap Pile (89A)
Slab Pile (89A) south to Wolfs Den
Wolfs Den west to exit at 576.
END

Should make a big counterclockwise loop around the interior of the park.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:35 am

That sounds good to me. We should make it by 9:30. I know my cousin wants to talk with these Isuzu guys so we might bump into them on the trail somewhere. I took off my sway bar so i'm ready to roll and smack some berms! CLINK! If i remember correclty Dickey Bell has a couple spots that can be a little trickey.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October URE Run?   October URE Run? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

October URE Run?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next