NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

July 4th URE!!!

Go down 
+9
iwashmycar
NC FJ Driver
MadToy
boaterspence
H2O_Cruiser
ULTIMATEcruiser
bigdogdewey2
dwc2134
Ninjafoot
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

July 4th URE!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 4th URE!!!   July 4th URE!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:39 pm

You guys probably took off without him!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: July 4th URE!!!   July 4th URE!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:43 pm

I do like wheeling when it is muddy.  Nobody ever wants to go when I suggest it though.  Mad   Without pictures of Daniel, I will pass it off as an embellishment similar to Casey's.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: July 4th URE!!!   July 4th URE!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:52 pm

The mud at URE is much different than the mud at Windrock.  It was like driving on ice in several spots. The mud at Windrock was almost sticky.

I didn't even try The ledge this time.  The bottom is so washed out that my bumper would not have cleared the rock.  Two very capable trucks did try though with no success, so I figured there was no sense tearing my bumper up for it.
Back to top Go down
TacoWillie
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: July 4th URE!!!   July 4th URE!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 9:01 pm

I'm sorry about not being able to make it today and boy i really wanted to. Slight miscommunication with the wife and she took off this morning leaving me with the little one. Oh i tried and tried to beg my little girl to go play in the mud with daddy and his friends but to no avail. hate that i missed it.
Back to top Go down
85runner
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
85runner

PostSubject: Re: July 4th URE!!!   July 4th URE!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Ninjafoot wrote:
trip recap:groupf of 5 trucks consisting of madtoy, dwc2134, myself, andy(red 1st gen runner) and dammit blue tacoma cat. first of all i don't know of pics so it may not have happened.  the oupost fixed their water leak...something about pinching a weld.  it was a little slick, we first ran dickey bell?...it took a few tries but madtoy and myself were victorious.  daniel was not happening, having never had issues with traction until i got here to n caro i was convinced i could pop right up it and well i didn't.  attempts were made by blue tacoma guy and myself.  we just turned around.

I'm surprised andy didn't make it up the ledge. He's got 37's.
Back to top Go down
dwc2134
Trail Scout
Trail Scout

PostSubject: Re: July 4th URE!!!   July 4th URE!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 6:15 pm

85runner wrote:
Ninjafoot wrote:
trip recap:groupf of 5 trucks consisting of madtoy, dwc2134, myself, andy(red 1st gen runner) and dammit blue tacoma cat. first of all i don't know of pics so it may not have happened.  the oupost fixed their water leak...something about pinching a weld.  it was a little slick, we first ran dickey bell?...it took a few tries but madtoy and myself were victorious.  daniel was not happening, having never had issues with traction until i got here to n caro i was convinced i could pop right up it and well i didn't.  attempts were made by blue tacoma guy and myself.  we just turned around.

I'm surprised andy didn't make it up the ledge. He's got 37's.

I think it had less to do with tire size or getting up the ledge and more to do with the fact there was just absolutely no chance of getting traction at the bottom of the ledge in the mud and muck.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: July 4th URE!!!   July 4th URE!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 7:15 pm

Andy's front locker wasn't working either.....
Back to top Go down
ajohnson
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: July 4th URE!!!   July 4th URE!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Nice meeting up with y'all. Jandrews and I were not expecting others. I kept blowing the fuse for my air compressor so I had no front locker. Other than that I had a great time.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: July 4th URE!!!   July 4th URE!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 8:44 pm

ajohnson wrote:
Nice meeting up with y'all.  Jandrews and I were not expecting others.  I kept blowing the fuse for my air compressor so I had no front locker.  Other than that I had a great time.

The muck definitely made it a lot more fun!

Glad to get to ride with you guys.  Had a blast, even though we only ran 1.5 trails Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 4th URE!!!   July 4th URE!!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

July 4th URE!!!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4