NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs!

Go down 
+2
MadToy
DamnItsAGlasgow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Empty
PostSubject: Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs!   Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:27 am

I don't think there's already a topic on this, but I do know that some of you have made some custom knobs for your 4dw and shifters... For example, Brian's Green Monster knob:

Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Dscn1616

Here's mine that I made last night... Bought a replica grenade, JB Welded a nut to the bottom, primed with black paint, then covered in Plasti Dip. It sticks up a little higher than my preference, but I don't have the tools to cut into the grenade and mount the threads deeper. Oh well, it only cost me $11 Smile

Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Knob510

Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Knob610
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs!   Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:57 am

Crying or Very sad

Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq_xwsDjveypi_nCLy3sSHNrPkVHVp8UYDOT58CYr-sNNpwIns
Back to top Go down
85runner
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
85runner

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs!   Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:35 pm

Er, which shifter?
Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! 487757_3907530298384_758731448_n
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs!   Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:41 pm

Uhhhhh my brain just exploded from knob overdose
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs!   Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm

I felt bad for Nick, so I designed him something sweet. Nick feel free to print this off on adhesive material. No charge for my intellectual property.

Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Knob10
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs!   Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs!   Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:38 pm

Here is mine. I designed and I made it. I have plans for a 4wd knob but I have been dragging my feet on getting it done. Now that work has slowed down significantly at the shop I am hoping to get some off the clock seat time with my lathe. David and Doug, thanks guys for being so patient haha.

Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! FJTrailHandle
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs!   Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:27 pm

Jami...you need to sell those things bro...6061 aluminum?? its beautiful by the way...
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs!   Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:12 pm

Dude I want to!! What I really want to do is design a totally new knob and 4wd knob combo. The knob I have is 1 of 3. David and my buddy Doug have the other 2. I want to keep those three knobs the only ones of their kind, so to speak. I need to sit down and come up with something soon.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs!   Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:30 am

id liek something that resembles an artillery shell...with the nose pointed down...i already have a grenade...that needs to be tapped for either of the sticks...
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs!   Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 9:30 am

Jami... that looks AWESOME! How long does it take to make something like that with a lathe?

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
id liek something that resembles an artillery shell...with the nose pointed down...i already have a grenade...that needs to be tapped for either of the sticks...

Mike, you and I must have similar taste cuz I was thinking about the same thing! Just don't know how I would go about threading/cutting/being sturdy enough to not feel cheap.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs!   Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:08 am

Sun Cruiser 6 wrote:
Here is mine. I designed and I made it. I have plans for a 4wd knob but I have been dragging my feet on getting it done. Now that work has slowed down significantly at the shop I am hoping to get some off the clock seat time with my lathe. David and Doug, thanks guys for being so patient haha.

Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! FJTrailHandle

I am lucky enough to have one of these FINE shifters......I am just waiting for the artist to sculpt a transfer case shifter to match.......... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs!   Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:19 am

David, you ARE one lucky son of a gun! I think the artist should create a NCFJC Limited Edition set bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs!   Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's see your custom shift/4wd knobs!
Page 1 of 1