NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

front differential drop

Go down 
+3
Crazy Hube
CarolinaCruiser15
fjdarrell
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

front differential drop - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: front differential drop   front differential drop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:07 pm

thats really not that bad...i will have a viar compressor and tank so i wouldnt need the ARB...definetaly worth thinking about..
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: front differential drop   front differential drop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:21 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
thats really not that bad...i will have a viar compressor and tank so i wouldnt need the ARB...definetaly worth thinking about..

And the 3rd members are built, so the install really can be done in a weekend in your garage, saving quite a bit more.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: front differential drop   front differential drop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:39 pm

so does ECGS do a core swap is that how they do their stuff??
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: front differential drop   front differential drop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:42 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:

They send you the 3rd member with a return label....if you return your third they won't charge you the "core charge"

So you don't have to even return your third if you want a trail spare, but expect a charge on the account
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: front differential drop   front differential drop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:46 pm

4running wrote:
bigdogdewey2 wrote:

They send you the 3rd member with a return label....if you return your third they won't charge you the "core charge"

So you don't have to even return your third if you want a trail spare, but expect a charge on the account

Well - The spare will only be good if you can limp off in 2 wheel drive - or if you don't do the regear.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: front differential drop   front differential drop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:48 pm

MadToy wrote:
4running wrote:
bigdogdewey2 wrote:

Well - The spare will only be good if you can limp off in 2 wheel drive - or if you don't do the regear.

Yes, that is a good point.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: front differential drop   front differential drop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:57 pm

good to know...good to know!
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: front differential drop   front differential drop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:59 pm

Plus if you know someone that works there, I hear you can get a 25% discount....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: front differential drop   front differential drop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:03 pm

MadToy wrote:
Plus if you know someone that works there, I hear you can get a 25% discount....
I think I saw someone on Facebook update there employment to ECGS. If I can only remember who...
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: front differential drop   front differential drop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:07 pm

I think its great
Back to top Go down
fjdarrell
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
fjdarrell

PostSubject: Re: front differential drop   front differential drop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 12:40 am

wow guys this is all great information, i may just have to find someone who works at ECGS and see what i can do, I do have a heavy foot but i really did feel the loss of power, i dont know if power is the right word, i could just tell i couldnt really do any throttle/brake modulation, it just didnt want to slowly move i really needed to press the gas to get that crawl going...
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: diff drop   front differential drop - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:23 am

Due to my heavy lift and no front bumper yet. I have had to a diff drop bc my cv's and my axle seals are leaking toyota has replaced both front axles, and now they are springing for the diff drop 1 inch I will probably remove after bumper and winch installs. They finally got tired of my weekly trips to harass them, and decided to also fix my crank case oil leak, replace all pulleys on front of engine, and the whole front of my crank shaft assembly.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: front differential drop   front differential drop - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

front differential drop
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2