NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by Empty
PostSubject: Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by   Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 8:26 am

I'll be out wrenching with Spalding on his FJ this morning from 8:00 to 1:00 or so if any of you local guys want to stop by and say hi or lend a hand. PM me for my address if you're bored and interested.

--Ryan
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by   Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 3:23 pm

I wish I had saw this yesterday! Ryan you need to get on Facebook!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by   Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 6:56 pm

Haha, I am morally opposed to being social. Or something like that... Very Happy Heck, I was out wrenching on mine a bit today too. Rotated the tires and replaced the rear brake pads with some EBC Green Stuff. Rotating 100 lb+ directional mud tires will take it out of you, especially when you rotate the spare as well. I think I need another beer.
Back to top Go down
j.dorton
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
j.dorton

PostSubject: Re: Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by   Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Sounds like a good time. I decided to take the day off working on mine. I'll keep an eye out for another time though. I enjoy giving a hand and bs' ing.
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by   Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:38 pm

Well since you're not the social butterfly you can just give me a call next time!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by   Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 7:31 am

Heck, I can manage that! I'll have a day coming up soon where I'll be replacing the front rotors, brake pads, CVs and spindles. Hopefully the first pieces of the front bumper will be back from the laser cutting and welded by then so I can bolt it on as well and start measuring for the next batch of pieces for it.
Back to top Go down
spotts78
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
spotts78

PostSubject: Re: Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by   Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:28 am

Please try to let us know a little more in advance next time and I'll be more than happy to come help, supervise, mock/ridicule, drink your beer, etc...

PM me and I'll send you my phone #.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by   Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Man... I wish I lived closer to yall! That drive from Charlotte is at least a full tank round-trip Sad
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by   Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:12 pm

DamnItsAGlasgow wrote:
Man... I wish I lived closer to yall! That drive from Charlotte is at least a full tank round-trip Sad

Get a chip for your truck! I see ads saying they give you 60hp and another 11mpg! If you actually believe those ads, you probably should just give me your FJ because it will be in much better hands...

On a related note, I've found that going to Raleigh or Charlotte is the same price in gas as it is for me to rent a car and pay for gas in that car. Anything farther away and it actually saves me money to rent a car. For those that have never used Toyota rent-a-car, I highly recommend it!
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by   Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:24 pm

Speedrye wrote:
Get a chip for your truck! I see ads saying they give you 60hp and another 11mpg! If you actually believe those ads, you probably should just give me your FJ because it will be in much better hands...

Dude, I was totally gonna do that. I also heard that racing stripes and "AEM" stickers boost MPG/HP by up to 15%!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by   Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out wrenching this morning (3/9) if anyone wants to drop by
Page 1 of 1