NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are there any changes you would make?

Go down 
+3
lrgrnr
dsbike
David B
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

Are there any changes you would make? Empty
PostSubject: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:55 am

Is there anything that you would like to see changed on our forum? Do you see anything that YOU would change?
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
dsbike
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
dsbike

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:34 am

I don't see any way to quote someones post.

Could be my computer skills, but when I copy & paste I can't remove it without deleting the entire post by going to another page, coming back & starting over.

A link to take me to the last post I read within a specific thread. I really like the latest post since I last logged in link.

When the OP post further in the thread there is a way to know they are the one who started the thread, however the top post on each page does that already.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:14 pm

I would take out the "Topic Reminder" post at the top of every page.......kind of aggravating.

And I was going to start a Windrock meet thread but wanted it in the Group Event section....How can I do that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:18 pm

I don't mind the topic reminder post, unless they get loooong. Then they are definitely annoying.

I would limit the size of people's signatures. Sometimes I am lucky to get more than one post on a page.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Brian wrote:
I don't mind the topic reminder post, unless they get loooong. Then they are definitely annoying.

I would limit the size of people's signatures. Sometimes I am lucky to get more than one post on a page.

Yeah, mainly my build thread.....I hate looking at the long asss reminder post........

x2 on the Sig's........Look at David's! Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
dsbike
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
dsbike

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Don't know if this is possible, but a link on the top of each page linking you back to the first post. That way if you need to reread that, you can easily go back to page 1 , then back to where you were without opening each previous page with the back button.

A link to take me to the last post I read within a specific thread. I really like the latest post since I last logged in link. But if its been been a few days or weeks since I last read a thread I don't know where I left off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:36 pm

lrgrnr wrote:
Yeah, mainly my build thread.....I hate looking at the long asss reminder post........

x2 on the Sig's........Look at David's! Very Happy Razz

Yeah, I didn't want to step on anyone's toes, but some of the signatures are build threads by themselves.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:11 pm

toes smashed...LOL
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Yea I never wanted to smash toes either, but I will say it

Get the gigantic picture out of your sig. I'm sorry, but it's a rule on every other forum for a reason.
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:06 pm

If possible, have numbers for each post in a thread so when someone is trying to reference a particular post all that is needed is the post number.

I also agree about the reminder post, bothersome at times and sometimes I catch myself thinking I am on the first page as a result.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Sun Cruiser 6 wrote:
If possible, have numbers for each post in a thread so when someone is trying to reference a particular post all that is needed is the post number.

I also agree about the reminder post, bothersome at times and sometimes I catch myself thinking I am on the first page as a result.

I try to use the date......but sometimes that's irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:36 am

lrgrnr wrote:
I would take out the "Topic Reminder" post at the top of every page.......kind of aggravating.

And I was going to start a Windrock meet thread but wanted it in the Group Event section....How can I do that?

Ok crybaby.....LOL Laughing I disabled the "first topic message reminder"

Let me know what you guys think.

Also, only moderators can post in the group meet section, that is by design.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:45 am

4running wrote:
Yea I never wanted to smash toes either, but I will say it

Get the gigantic picture out of your sig. I'm sorry, but it's a rule on every other forum for a reason.

ok, ok, I removed the "Gigantic picture" from my signature.....but only because I like you A-Holes... Wink

It is up to each member to "police their signatures". This forum host does not have the option to automatically deny a signature image. If this is a big deal, I can "make it a forum rule" and enforce it manually....thoughts?

Last edited by David B on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:22 am

Thanks David!

I say leave it to the user.......isn't there a way to limit the size of the pic?

Also a multiquote option would be nice.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:23 am

lrgrnr wrote:
Thanks David!

I say leave it to the user.......isn't there a way to limit the size of the pic?

Also a multiquote option would be nice.

There is no way to limit the size administatively. It is up to the user.

I have "multi quote" enabled....not sure why it is not working...(you can manually multi quote though, it is a PITA)

Last edited by David B on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:38 am

Weird.......most forums have a little + button..
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:52 am

lrgrnr wrote:

Well, we are getting there....
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:03 am

I like the changes so far, all improvements IMO cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:55 am

David wrote:
It is up to each member to "police their signatures". This forum host does not have the option to automatically deny a signature image. If this is a big deal, I can "make it a forum rule" and enforce it manually....thoughts?

Maybe a general post going out to the forum asking for reduced signature sizes would be enough. I don't think people realize how annoying it can be, because you are rarely reading your own post.

I miss the 1st post reminder Sad. It was good for trail ride set ups. However I will gladly give them up to be able to read more than one person's post on a page. cheers
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 9:43 am

I'm listening to Madonna..........
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:26 am

lrgrnr wrote:

Well, there you go, I got the multiquote working now, or so it would seem...test and let me know.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:32 am

Still no worky.
Back to top Go down
dsbike
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
dsbike

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:34 am

Tested
thanks for the upgrades / improvements
Back to top Go down
dsbike
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
dsbike

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:35 am

Sorry, didnt work for me either.
Back to top Go down
dsbike
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
dsbike

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:01 pm

dsbike wrote:
Sorry, didnt work for me either.
single quote worked. I was in the thread about volunteers for wwp booth and the quote tab did multi and the multi tab did nothing. I did not submit the post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are there any changes you would make?   Are there any changes you would make? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are there any changes you would make?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next