NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arrowhead Campground (review)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Arrowhead Campground (review) Empty
PostSubject: Arrowhead Campground (review)   Arrowhead Campground (review) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Good facilities. Some good sites, some not so good sites. Every site has paved driveway, fire pit, grill, and lantern pole. Bath house was good considering it is a National Forrest campground. Had family bathroom with large shower, toilet, sink, and diaper changing table.

I would definitely go again.

Arrowhead Campground (review) DSCN1175
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Arrowhead Campground (review)   Arrowhead Campground (review) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:01 pm

Did you call, make an online reservation of just show up? How full was it, it was a really nice weekend, just curious?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arrowhead Campground (review)   Arrowhead Campground (review) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:40 pm

I made online reservations over a month ago. We were getting 3 sites. I didn't want to risk not being able to have 3 sites together. My family wouldn't go for the group camp site. I am glad I made the reservations, because it was FULL.

For info, the online reservation charges a $9 reservation/transaction fee. I wasn't happy about that, but what are you going to do.
Back to top Go down
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

PostSubject: Re: Arrowhead Campground (review)   Arrowhead Campground (review) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:09 pm

I checked for this weekend (11/11-11/13) and Arrowhead and Stone Mountain are booked. Of course I'm looking for a site for my camper with electric. So I'm gonna try Reidsville Lake which I was able to book a lakefront site. It's a city owned facility and I've heard it's nice, a hidden gem. I'll post up after the weekend about my stay.
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: Arrowhead Campground (review)   Arrowhead Campground (review) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:13 pm

stone mountain is a great camp ground.....I always show up on thursday and get the good spot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrowhead Campground (review)   Arrowhead Campground (review) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arrowhead Campground (review)
Page 1 of 1