NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My review of the Scion FR-S

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

My review of the Scion FR-S Empty
PostSubject: My review of the Scion FR-S   My review of the Scion FR-S Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 11:46 pm

I got a chance to drive this car today over a month before it's released. I did a quick review here:
FR-S Review
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: My review of the Scion FR-S   My review of the Scion FR-S Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:42 am

Nice write up. I am certainly looking at getting one of these when I get my FJ paid off. While most know this car is a Subaru under the Scion badge I can say that I have had Suby withdrawal since the day I traded my Forester XT for the FJ. I will be looking at getting the Subaru BRZ over the Scion version simply because I still have Subaru gear tucked away in my closet lol.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: My review of the Scion FR-S   My review of the Scion FR-S Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 8:26 am

You might be surprised on the amount of Toyota in the car. While a lot of the drivetrain has Subaru engineering, the end result feels like nothing Subaru or Toyota has made for a long time. The car itself feels very Toyota-esque even down to the same cruise control stalk we have in the FJs. Either way, you can't lose. I have full intentions of debadging regardless, so if people see it as a Subaru, Scion or Toyota, I don't care!

The Subaru is still an option for me since it looks to be close in price, but I don't really want leather or automatic climate controls and I can't stand HID headlights, so those "features" alone might keep me in the Scion. It might come down to which car I could get more quickly. I could probably sell/swap some of the Subie parts to the Scion crowd and everyone's happy in the end.

Now I just gotta figure out how to buy one. My FJ is staying, so that's not an option. Maybe if I sell the house...
Back to top Go down
Auto Solutions
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
SUPPORTING VENDOR - ASI
Auto Solutions

PostSubject: Re: My review of the Scion FR-S   My review of the Scion FR-S Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Sell the house, buy the Scion, and then buy a roof top tent! Problem solved haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.asi-autosolutions.com
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: My review of the Scion FR-S   My review of the Scion FR-S Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 8:08 pm

Auto Solutions wrote:
Sell the house, buy the Scion, and then buy a roof top tent! Problem solved haha

that works out for you AND your wife...she still has a home and you have two rides!!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: My review of the Scion FR-S   My review of the Scion FR-S Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:29 pm

Anyone want to buy my house? I'll consider a roof top tent in partial trade. It's a nice house in a great school system...
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: My review of the Scion FR-S   My review of the Scion FR-S Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:25 pm

i would love to move out Stokesdale way....love that area...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My review of the Scion FR-S   My review of the Scion FR-S Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:48 pm

How much land?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My review of the Scion FR-S   My review of the Scion FR-S Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Nice review!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: My review of the Scion FR-S   My review of the Scion FR-S Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:23 am

Only about an 1.3 acres, but it's on a nice paved dead end bordered by a horse farm on one side. One set of neighbors across the street and one set on one side, but trees block views of both houses. Much privacy for the acreage.

Actually, we really are looking at selling, downsizing and getting more acreage elsewhere at some point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My review of the Scion FR-S   My review of the Scion FR-S Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My review of the Scion FR-S
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: General/Off Topic Discussion :: "All Other" Posts-
Jump to: