NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random Wire Harness

Go down 
+5
Scottydog
David B
ncorn38
cjcradier
CarolinaCruiser15
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:46 pm

paulwardinc wrote:
Does this hack make it so it's always off if the switch is off. Meaning at ignition if the switch is in the off position the nannys are already off. If so I will be doing this... I actually think the nannys hurt gas mileage!

Correct. Once its off, its off unless you flip the switch the other way.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Check with Cliff on here (ccradier) about the specifics of the mod. He helped me with mine and I think we used some info from Blue Room and some of his general knowledge to get it right.
Back to top Go down
Dano
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Dano

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Well I just purchased a toyota traction control switch out of a tundra off eBay so I can have a switch like Paul. So my next question is, with the switch for VSC I then need this hack for ABS on/off?
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Dano wrote:
Well I just purchased a toyota traction control switch out of a tundra off eBay so I can have a switch like Paul. So my next question is, with the switch for VSC I then need this hack for ABS on/off?

Not sure Im following you. When the hack is done, flipping it on will disengage both the ABS and the VSC at the same time. Is that what you mean?
Back to top Go down
Dano
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Dano

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Sorry I was confusing you. I just purchased the VSC switch off eBay, so after I get that baby will I still need the nanny hack to disable the ABS?
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:07 pm

Aaah gotcha! Yes, the VSC switch (same thats on the newer FJs) only disables the VSC. Toyota sees the ABS as a security feature and theres no "factory" way of disabling it, that Im aware of. Thats where the hack comes in. You might want to do a Blue Room search for just the ABS disable (if it exists) since you already have a solution for the VSC.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:02 am

Dano, I dont know if you have looked behind the blanking button, but Ido not have that harness there unless it is tucked way back. It is not attached to the blank like it was in Rolando's pic.
Back to top Go down
Dano
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Dano

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:32 am

Oh man, you had me scared for a minute after I read your post totald. I just ran out to the truck and checked and I am very pleased and relieved to see I have the harness behind that blank. I thought I may have to sell my switch before I even got it!
Back to top Go down
Dano
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Dano

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:35 am

That is weird you lack that harness, it must be stuffed way in there. It should be attached to the back of the blank but it may have been dislodged from the blank.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:45 am

Well since you have it I must, but it must be inside there tucked away. It is definitely not attached and not in site after pulling all the switches out.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:03 pm

I haven't gotten to them yet but I found a three groups of wires all running together with some foam and a zip tie around them so I will be checking that out next chance I get.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 1:03 am

So after removing the center console and looking for a little bit I found this. Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Fca191f6
After uncovering it it looks like this.
Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Ee03f40e
White not blue and I think a few more wires.
Random Wire Harness - Page 3 3d681b1f
If anyone has the extra buttons on the left side of the switch panel, if you get a chance take a look and tell me what the white plug goes to.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:05 pm

Also, I just realized I have this button that I haven't used and i have no idea what it does. I cannot find it in my manual. It is the button in the bottom right corner of my panel. Random Wire Harness - Page 3 4c21c323
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:11 am

I believe that's to turn off the interior motion sensor for the factory alarm. Do you have the factory alarm?
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:35 am

Not that I know of. I will have to dig a little deeper.

If anyone has the same wire harness pictured above please let me know what it goes to.
Back to top Go down
Dano
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Dano

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:54 pm

I am not sure what that mystery white plug you have could be for, but it is the wrong color and has too many wires to be a VSC harness. I have some news on my tundra VSC switch I got off ebay. Well i have been eagerly awaiting its arrival to find it is wrong and wrong. It is the wrong plug shape and more importantly the switch body does not fit in the the FJ switch panel. If anyone wants it for a tundra let me know. i think the nanny hack is in my future.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Yeah. I went to the dealership and dug a little bit in the 2010 TT they have and could not find the white harness either. It remains a mystery for now.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:33 pm

So, after doing some more reading in the blue room, at lunch I went out to the FJ, got in and locked the doors with the remote. I started moving around and nothing happened. I pushed the button and started moving around again and the alarm went off. So, I have an alarm. I did not know that until today.
Back to top Go down
Dano
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Dano

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:30 pm

Wow that's cool, I didn't know it was offered in the 2007 FJs
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:37 pm

News to me also. I bought it used and the guy I bought it from didn't say anything about it so I am wondering if he even knew.

I am still curious as to why you (Dano) have the blue connector and I do not. I need to find the sticker and see what pckages I have from the factory. That might answer some questions.
Back to top Go down
Dano
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Dano

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:40 am

I wish I had the window sticker from mine. I just cannot seem to figure out how our trucks could have different wiring. Very strange. I will try to do some digging on my end to figure this out too.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:43 am

Cool thanks. I am still looking for mine. I know I have it but it has been misplaced since the move from Michigan
Back to top Go down
Dano
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Dano

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:29 am

The white plug wrapped in foam is for the roof air dam lights. What I want to know now is where is the blue plug for the VSC switch? That darn thing has to be in there somewhere!
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:50 am

If it is it is tucked away good. I will have to do some serious dash opening. I found the sticker the guy gave me, never actually looked at it, and last optional item listed is the rs3200 alarm with proximity sensor. I guess I should have read that a when I got it almost 2 years ago. Laughing

The only options listed are the alarm, front skid, arm rest, roof rack/tow package w/ harness, and the TRD package. Maybe you have a package I don't that comes with the blue harness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Wire Harness   Random Wire Harness - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Wire Harness
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3