Our new hammock suspension is now in stock and available for sale.
NOW HEAR THIS - NOW HEAR THIS - OUR INTRODUCTORY OFFER IS FREE SHIPPING ON OUR BASIC SUSPENSION SYSTEM. CLICK HERE.
You can order online at www.SoutheastOverland.com (click HERE to go directly to the sale page), click on "WEBSTORE" and then "Camping & Hammock Accessories."
You can also order by
PM us on TacomaWorld
So here is some general info on our Hammock Suspension System...
- Tied and spliced of 7/64" Amsteel Blue in our shop. We do all the work.
- Average Break Strength of the Amsteel Blue is 1600 lbs.
- Available in multiple colors.
- Available by single piece or in kits. You save money when ordering the kits.
- Tree Huggers are tied with climbing spec 1" black webbing.
- Hammock Grabbers have a metal ring that serves as an attachment point for a structural ridge/tarp line, plus a drip ring. A drip ring is a point where water runs too down the main hammock sling, then drips off hopefully instead of running down the hammock and onto your head or feet!
- The system is strong, light weight, and portable.
And I'm sure everyone wants pics... so here ya go!
This is our Basic Suspension System.
- 4 Soft Shackles
- 2 Hammock Slings (commonly referred to as Whoppie Slings)
- 2 Hammock Grabbers
- Available with 2 Tree Huggers for a little more
- Spliced in-house of 7/64" Amsteel Blue, with an average break strength of 1600 lbs.
- A loop on each end to attach soft shackles or other similar attachments to.
- Adjustable from 28" to 7'
Hammock Sling in use.
Close up of Hammock Sling.
- Tied in-house of 7/64" Amsteel Blue
Soft shackle comparison to typical hammock carabiner.
Soft shackle in use, attached to a Hammock Grabber and Tree Hugger.
Zoomed out view of pic above.
Soft shackle, Tree Hugger, and typical hammock carabiner.
How you install a Hammock Grabber.
Tree Hugger - nuttin' special, just some 1" climbing spec black webbing with an eye tied on each end. About 9' long. If you need more reach to your hammock put one eye through the other. If you need it shorter you can wrap it around the tree again. We price these cheap because they are very basic.
And THIS is what it is all about!
Let us know if you have any questions and THANKS!