NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Greensboro

Go down 
+4
David B
Speedrye
ULTIMATEcruiser
Cmatt1605
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Cmatt1605
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Hello from Greensboro Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Greensboro   Hello from Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Hey everyone,

my name is Cody and I just bought my first FJ about a month ago and I love it! I saw this fourm logo on the back of a lifted FJ the other day and figured I would come check it out. I work at Honda Jet and am relatively new to the Greensboro area. I used to off road a Suzuki Samurai when I lived in SC, but my main toy has been my 1977 Camaro with a 1970 front end swap that I have been fixing up until now that is! I took my FJ to URE this past weekend to test it out stock and I am very impressed at how well it did! Just had to use the skid plate once Surprised  Now the mod bug has set in! So far I have only done a few things to it, HID's and interior LED's and have my BANDI mount on order with a fire stick antenna. Here are a few pics of my rig from this past weekend and a picture of my other toy:

Hello from Greensboro DSC_3900_zpsfae9cf9c

Hello from Greensboro DSC_3894_zps00032e3a

Hello from Greensboro DSC_3892_zpsc50f0706

Hello from Greensboro AD373DA3-D34D-4F8C-A83C-199DAE615A6B-4446-000008A01A3C93A6_zpsd42d936e
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Greensboro   Hello from Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:47 pm

May I be the first to welcome you to our little group, great to have you.  You can also find us on FB if you happen to hang out there.  There is a group of us local to the triad who try to get together once a month and hang out for a few hours at a local restaurant of choice for some grub and few drinks so feel free to join us when you can.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Greensboro   Hello from Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 10:37 pm

Welcome!  I almost ran down to URE on Sunday when I got bored but ended cleaning the garage some instead.  I guess I should've gone.  Camaro looks good too.  You setting it up for road racing, auto-xing or all around?
Back to top Go down
Cmatt1605
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Greensboro   Hello from Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:16 pm

I am planing on making it as all around as I can, next up for the canaro will be a fresh paint job that I will probably do in the spring, I'm not planing on doing anything major to the FJ until the tires that are on it wear down
Back to top Go down
Cmatt1605
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Greensboro   Hello from Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:17 pm

Also I will deffinately find you guys on FB, thanks for the invite!
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Greensboro   Hello from Greensboro Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 12:13 am

Here is a link for ya

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ncfjcruisers/

Just ask to join and we will let you in.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Greensboro   Hello from Greensboro Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 12:15 am

RUBICONsixx wrote:
Here is a link for ya

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ncfjcruisers/

Just ask to join and we will let you in.
Thank you Jami (my Sr Admin!) Yes, join us on Facebook, but remember to keep attention on the forum as well!

Welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
spotts78
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
spotts78

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Greensboro   Hello from Greensboro Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 9:55 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Greensboro   Hello from Greensboro Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 11:46 pm

are you intentionally trying to crush your skids?? good way to do it...lol...by the way welcome to the family!!
Back to top Go down
Cmatt1605
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Greensboro   Hello from Greensboro Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:59 am

Haha no we were trying to get a suspension flex picture and the tire slid off of the rock :/ I'll bend it back somewhat straight this weeknd lol
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Greensboro   Hello from Greensboro Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 2:08 pm

I vote that you bend the other side to match.  Sounds like more fun.  Looks like you might need to have Mike (bigdogdewey2) make you some skid plates.
Back to top Go down
Cmatt1605
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Greensboro   Hello from Greensboro Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 5:59 pm

Haha yeah that would be more fun! I'm going to try to make my own, ive done a lot of metal work repairing rust on old cars, just never done any heave duity fab work. Might try to make a couple of bumpers too!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Greensboro   Hello from Greensboro Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Haha, yeah, I've been doing my front bumper for the past 6 months, a little here and a little there.  I've been learning a LOT.
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Greensboro   Hello from Greensboro Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Welcome to the cult as our wives like to call it! I'm in Greensboro and drive a lifted silver FJ with black wheels. Hope to see you around sometime. We're all meeting up tomorrow at Daryl's on HP Road at 2pm if you'd like to join in.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Greensboro   Hello from Greensboro Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 10:12 pm

Welcome aboard and just in time for Christmas. I always start my FJ list early and pass it out to as many folks as possible...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Greensboro   Hello from Greensboro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Greensboro
Page 1 of 1