NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just bought an FJ Greensboro

Go down 
+5
bigdogdewey2
FJ Derek
MadToy
David B
BT
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BT
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
BT

Just bought an FJ Greensboro Empty
PostSubject: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:39 am

Just picked up a 2007 FJ we had a Lexus GX470 before. My rig is pretty stock right now. Any suggestions on trails that my stock setup can handle near Greensboro? I'm planning on lifting it soon. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:51 am

welcome to the group! There are trails right in your backyard at the Uwharrie national forest! Wolf's Den and Falls dam would be too good starter trails. make sure to stay active on the forums and there will be plenty of and put in individual trail rifed posted

Last edited by David B on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
BT
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
BT

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks! I know allot of guys do their own work was wondering if there is a good local shop that could do lift, wheels etc...
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:23 pm

BT wrote:
Thanks! I know allot of guys do their own work was wondering if there is a good local shop that could do lift, wheels etc...

Auto Solutions in Charlotte are our (club) preferred installer/vendor. Reach out to Brian Lassig and get some info! (I know I will be driving from Raleigh area to have mine done there later this year!)
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:13 pm

Welcome!

You can do just about every trail at Uwharrie with your stock rig. We've gone up all of them with some stockers.

Auto Solutions will be worth the trip for work like that. Great rates for members, and Brian drives a hopped up FJ too, so he knows the truck.
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:37 pm

Did you get the yellow one at Rice??
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Congratulations on the FJ purchase. Good to have another member from Gboro...lets see some pics of the new truck.
As far as getting your work done give anybody a shout ...most everybody here is willing to help out with anything ...(keep the beer cold)....
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:59 pm

BT wrote:
Just picked up a 2007 FJ we had a Lexus GX470 before. My rig is pretty stock right now. Any suggestions on trails that my stock setup can handle near Greensboro? I'm planning on lifting it soon. Thanks!

And a welcome from me as well!!!
I live just 15 minutes south of Greensboro and usually drive up anywhere from 2-3 times per week. As far as trails go, Uwharrie is your best bet for some good, legal off-roading action. We do try to get groups together a few times a month for URE or some other places. We are having our annual OBX meet in late October so please consider that and keep it in mind. Definitely looking forward to meeting up with you in the future for one of our group events.
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: welcome brother   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Welcome. The fj will do a ton of fun stuff stock. I am always glad to help with a liftaroo. Gotta drive to asheville though.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:08 pm

BT...i did my own lift had a blast doing it ...learned about the truck in general...thats always good..give me a call if you want maybe we can get together or a bunch of us together and hook you up!!

336 442 5824
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:40 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
BT...i did my own lift had a blast doing it ...learned about the truck in general...thats always good..give me a call if you want maybe we can get together or a bunch of us together and hook you up!!

336 442 5824

I can be of help as well. Did my own lift so there is at least 2 of us that know how to do it. Also helped my buddy Doug with his lift.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:52 pm

yeah see there...HA...two of us man!! and i know there are more around here too...but seriously Auto solutions in Charlotte is awesome and has great guys there ...i have driven down there several times to get stuff done...they rock...but dont we all??
Back to top Go down
BT
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
BT

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Def feeling the luv! hahah. I ordered the lift from Brian and he is doing the install Friday. I'm getting wheels local so I will be set up by the weekend.

I test drove the yellow one at Rice Toyota but they didn't want to match my price so I went with a Blue one from Fayetteville.

Thanks for the warm welcome and definitely looking forward to meeting everyone.

Just bought an FJ Greensboro Photo_10
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:47 pm

BT wrote:
Def feeling the luv! hahah. I ordered the lift from Brian and he is doing the install Friday. I'm getting wheels local so I will be set up by the weekend.

I test drove the yellow one at Rice Toyota but they didn't want to match my price so I went with a Blue one from Fayetteville.
Thanks for the warm welcome and definitely looking forward to meeting everyone.

Awesome! Brian is great! I am just waiting til my warranty is up and then he is going to do my lift! Can't wait!!

Make sure you post up pics after the lift!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:40 pm

BLACK OUT!!!!! hurry up!!! black that thing out!!!
Back to top Go down
BT
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
BT

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 10:32 am

Already bought two cans of plastidip!
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: nice    Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Nice good choice. Remember a fj is just a mall crawler till you turn it into a truck ie wheel the crap out of it. Welcome brother.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:56 am

congrats.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:12 pm

Wow nice looking FJ brother
Back to top Go down
BT
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
BT

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:28 pm

Updated pics.

Just bought an FJ Greensboro Photo_11

Just bought an FJ Greensboro Photo_12
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:30 pm

looks awesome man...love the wheels!...come out with us to URE this Saturday!! good to have you with us!
Back to top Go down
BT
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
BT

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Thanks! I would love to - I have limited to no experience off-road though. I wouldn't want to slow anyone down with my inexperience.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Bro..there is no way at all that you would slow us down...i guarantee that...join us..there is nothing at URE that you CANT do..a full stocker FJ can get thru 99% of the trails...no time like the present to learn the capabilities of your truck...i know if you go you will be bitten by the bug and will want to go all the time...it would be great to meet you and have everyone who goes help you out...teach you so to speak...

ill pm you with my number and we can talk about the meet up time and get it going...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an FJ Greensboro   Just bought an FJ Greensboro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just bought an FJ Greensboro
Page 1 of 1