NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toytec body lift on CL

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

Toytec body lift on CL Empty
PostSubject: Toytec body lift on CL   Toytec body lift on CL Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 12:21 am

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/for/3609191409.html
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Toytec body lift on CL   Toytec body lift on CL Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:36 am

Is that you selling that one Ryan? If I buy it, could you help me get it on?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Toytec body lift on CL   Toytec body lift on CL Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:53 am

Nope, I just saw the ad there. My body lift is staying on my truck! I'd be happy to help, but I might require more than beer for this kind of project. The install isn't hard, but it's time consuming since parts of the interior need to come out and the front bumper needs to come off at the very least. Getting to some of the bolts are truly a lady dog. With that said, it's completely worth it in my opinion. Suspension parts are much easier to work on with the additional clearance. UCA are much easier to replace since the battery would no longer have to be removed with the additional space. Heck, my gas tank rarely clicks off anymore when filling with the filler neck at a better angle. The only negative I've found is that some aftermarket bumpers don't fit as well and my rear bumper didn't fit with the body lift, though most have said their bumper fit just fine.
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Toytec body lift on CL   Toytec body lift on CL Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:02 am

I may just go with the 3" rear coils and put the 5100's up to the next notch. That would give me about the same clearance with more actual ground clearance.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Toytec body lift on CL   Toytec body lift on CL Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:49 am

I probably need to go with 3" coils as well since my truck's butt is dragging. It's over an inch lower than my front right now, but I'm thinking the front bumper and winch will probably help that part out. That's all gonna be delayed for a bit since I did my taxes earlier this week and it hurt. It hurt bad...

On a side note, a big benefit of the body lift is that my tires no longer hit in my wheel wells. The suspension lift alone wasn't enough to run 35s unless I limited my movement with bump stops.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Toytec body lift on CL   Toytec body lift on CL Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:13 pm

im wondering of the body lift is different for the AT than it is on the 6MT...and what all might need to be "extended"....
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Toytec body lift on CL   Toytec body lift on CL Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:21 pm

From my understanding, they're the same. With a 1" body lift, nothing needs to be extended but you need to install the steering spacer. You might want to make some simple brackets to drop your radiator an inch to make sure your fan clears as well. On my 1.25" body lift, I dropped the radiator and added a spacer in the steering column. That was it aside from the short shifter.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Toytec body lift on CL   Toytec body lift on CL Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Heck, throw out a $60 offer and see if the guy bites. Couldn't hurt if you're interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toytec body lift on CL   Toytec body lift on CL Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:43 pm

The FJ can be tipsy on the trail. I wouldn't raise the body you less you needed to.
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Toytec body lift on CL   Toytec body lift on CL Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:03 pm

Yeah, I'm going to go with the Toytec rear coils when the time comes. I think that's the way Jami's is set up right? w/ the 5100's?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Toytec body lift on CL   Toytec body lift on CL Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:33 am

id have to redo the whole bumper if i put on a BL...just not worth it for me right now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toytec body lift on CL   Toytec body lift on CL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toytec body lift on CL
Page 1 of 1