NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uwharrie Saturday April 6th

Go down 
+14
CarolinaCruiser15
Scottydog
Omgrtfa
2wheeldrive
FJ Derek
NC FJ Driver
fjdarrell
85runner
SingleTrack
MadToy
iwashmycar
boaterspence
bigdogdewey2
Crazy Hube
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:18 pm

MadToy wrote:
Mud?

Glad I didn't make it.... What a Face

Yeah Nick, you would have been in agony. There was a lot of mud and no way to avoid it.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:18 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
Yeah Paul she got some video...but it was not good at all...on off on off...lol...I dont know if anyone with our group had any issues with the Dutch John hill...but i will say it was muddy!! and slick...made for a really fun climb!!!

There is a clip of someone going up DJ on the fb site that shows how slick it was. Does any of her herkyjerky vid show the pool at the foot of the ledge?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:23 pm

No Paul...unfortunately it doesnt...i wouldnt let her close to what was going on...for fear of flying rocks and mud...
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Brian wrote:
MadToy wrote:
Mud?

Glad I didn't make it.... What a Face

Yeah Nick, you would have been in agony. There was a lot of mud and no way to avoid it.

Would have been a lot less muddy were it not for the hill climb part. The rest was similar to Richland...a little slop / muddy water.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343
MCRobertson
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
MCRobertson

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 11:26 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
MadToy wrote:
Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Worthless

Sorry, I dont recall any cameras coming out...No
Was looking forward to see some pics!
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 6:48 am

MCRobertson wrote:

Was looking forward to see some pics!

There are some pics and a vid of Dutch John on the fb page of your group. Very Happy No one pulled out a camera with the group that went to Daniel first. Sad
Back to top Go down
boaterspence
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
boaterspence

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Another awesome trip! It was great seeing the regulars as well as some new people. My new suspension exceeded my expectations and I could definitely tell a difference.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 12:41 pm

I am for sure in the market for skid plates. My t-case cross member and fron POS bash plate got destroyed...
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:00 pm

My forward rear link armor got a major workout, as well as the engine skid from falling off some rocks. Overall not too bad!

Ditto on the Xfer case skid. I'm afraid of ripping the exhaust off right there. I think I want the Trail Gear one since it bolts to the backside of the crossmember since my Ricochets are bolted to the bottom surface under the cat tubes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Scottydog wrote:
I am for sure in the market for skid plates. My t-case cross member and fron POS bash plate got destroyed...

The center line at the top of Dickey Bell is tough on the skid plates and sliders.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:57 pm

That is exactly where I got the damage. Got lodged on a big rock and had to get some help from folks to lift and push me back off.
Next time I will use 4-LO for that trail...yes, I had it in 4-HI and did not realize it till later.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Scottydog wrote:
That is exactly where I got the damage. Got lodged on a big rock and had to get some help from folks to lift and push me back off.
Next time I will use 4-LO for that trail...yes, I had it in 4-HI and did not realize it till later.

You ain't got no skids? After this - and that pic in your avatar, you're definitely pushing the stock setup to new heights... affraid
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:07 pm

I do not and ALL my crap on the belly side is banged up pretty good. Shock mount points, t-case brase, rock sliders (but that is what they are for) bumper wing (have replacement though) tail pipe, exhaust pipe...
It's just plain ugly under there. Good thing my wife never looks...or I would be in big trouble!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Scottydog wrote:

This is the rock that will get your skids if you are not able to stay on the best line. This was in the rain and a futile attempt. Also it has gotten a lot worse there, or this video just doesnt do it justice.

Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:43 pm

YEAP...that's the culprit alright.
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:59 pm

Wow that looks quite a bit different. Didnt realize where the vid was until you were at the top there,.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:48 pm

iwashmycar wrote:
Wow that looks quite a bit different. Didnt realize where the vid was until you were at the top there,.

Videos kill the sinister look it has. The rain changes the color of the dirt and such. It probably wasnt really that much different then, but the video really does make it look like it.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Video does strange things. Like this one for example. Here's a guy going up Daniel this past Saturday also. Video doesn't do the "waterfall" and "lake" that was described by some of the guys any justice at all..... Shocked

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 6:21 pm

"Oh no he dit ent" lol!
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:28 pm

I gotta admit, it looked totally dry in that vid, which it totally wasnt in the morning. That must've been in the afternoon...look at the long shadows...yup, afternoon...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:44 pm

absolutely the afternoon!! and i bet a longer wheel base...
Back to top Go down
85runner
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
85runner

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:50 pm

This is essentially how I got up the ledge.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:59 pm

Definitely a longer wheelbase. It's a full size Dodge..... Smile
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:06 pm

i thought so with the clearance lights on the roof...
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:29 pm

It was that Powerwagon we kept seeing out there. I told you guys it would be dry in the afternoon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uwharrie Saturday April 6th   Uwharrie Saturday April 6th - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uwharrie Saturday April 6th
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next