NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Huge Loud Sound .....

Go down 
+5
NC FJ Driver
iwashmycar
tbulluck
Speedrye
bigdogdewey2
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Huge Loud Sound ..... Empty
PostSubject: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:49 pm

ok so here it goes...some of you know i have gotten a set of train horns...I got them from Hornblasters.com. It is their Shocker system. Four horns, Viair compressor, Viair Tank, Dump selenoid, all the air lines i need, and all the stuff you need for the install....

I have started with the build of this. Today i started with mounting the compressor and tank and then i started to get the mounts for the horns themselves. The mount will sit under the rear of the FJ right in front of the rear cross member. it is 1/8" steel plate with the mounts welded to mount the horns. it will bolt under the truck using the hitch/"my bumper" mounting points...it will be very solid. The tank/compressor has been mounted in the side rear cubby taking the place of my rear cubby rack. it is mounted on a custom bent aluminum mount to make it actually sit level. here are the pics so far. I will add more and update as i go....

Huge Loud Sound ..... Imag0310

Huge Loud Sound ..... Imag0314

Huge Loud Sound ..... Imag0313

Huge Loud Sound ..... Imag0315
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:58 pm

Looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Horns! I want pictures of the horns!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:00 am

im also looking to find a DECIBEL meter...this thing is projected and advertised to be seriously loud...i want to see what exactly i will be pushing when im done...
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:01 am

ill show you the horns tomorrow...ill bring em by...but ill take some pics too later
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:03 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
ill show you the horns tomorrow...ill bring em by...but ill take some pics too later

Definitely take pictures. This is on my to do list.
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:12 am

Shocked
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 8:57 pm

ok so i got a little more done today...painted the plate and then installed and plumbed all the horn/selenoid tubing ...here are some pics...

first pics are of the aluminum box i bent up and tig welded that will hold the selenoid

Huge Loud Sound ..... Imag0321
Huge Loud Sound ..... Imag0322
Huge Loud Sound ..... Imag0323
Huge Loud Sound ..... Imag0324
Huge Loud Sound ..... Imag0325
Huge Loud Sound ..... Imag0326
Huge Loud Sound ..... Imag0327
Huge Loud Sound ..... Imag0328
Huge Loud Sound ..... Imag0329
Huge Loud Sound ..... Imag0330

the plumbing from the air tank to the selenoid hasnt been run yet but its a somple honest plug and play...just have to make the routing so that there is no kink in the hose...then the wiring and switches and it will be done....

stay tuned
Back to top Go down
iwashmycar
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
iwashmycar

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:46 pm

That is going to be insane!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rainmang343
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:49 pm

that is the plan ...and i cant wait but im taking my time and it will be done by the 19th im sure!!
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Looking great, cant wait to hear it, er, them...at a distance!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 pm

I thought of a great use for these yesterday... When you're in traffic at a railroad crossing, wait until someone's sitting on the tracks and, well, you can figure out the rest. Could be quite entertaining!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Ryan thats a good one..i have thought of that actually too...i have several scenarios that i am waiting for...
im also waiting on the switches ...that way i can get you to wire this pig up...lol....
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:11 pm

ok small update...i got all the fittings that i will need to run an air line to the outside for filling tires etc. no pics...just waiting on switches really....
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:07 pm

I get the feeling I'm going to want to wire that switch up at your house so my neighbors aren't too pissed at me. I also think I'll bring some ear plugs...
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:17 pm

lol...yeah i have to agree with you...also that will be a good time to wire the wifes truck....should be easy enough...but yeah its gonna be loud...
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:45 pm

ok ..so the horns are in, switches are in, plumbed, wired, and these suckers are

[i]LOUD AS HELL!!!![
/i]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:49 pm

This post is worthless with out video!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Paul..i absolutely will do some video...i have only one issue with it...they are so loud that i just cant do blow them too many times in the neighborhood...i have a cop that lives directly behind me..but as soon as i can get to an area that is not so congested i will snap a video...

Im serious...these suckers are loud and i cant convey just how loud they are in a post ..dougt i could even in a video...i blew them one time for FJDerek on the phone and i think he was blown away just from that...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:55 pm

LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:55 pm

I want to see the bus stop video or mall video. LOL
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:39 pm

Huge Loud Sound ..... This_thread_is_worthless_without_pics-1_zps603bd4d3 ...or sound!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:50 pm

OMG...seriously..i just went and took a vid...found an excuse to leave the house for a few and went up to the local recreation centers parking lot...took the vid blew the horns...came home and the video cant be uploaded to you tube because its not a supported format..my phone uses MP4...arrrrggggghhhhhh believe me its sick ....really loud...Paul and Paul i guess that means you guys are gonna have to make it to the meet this weekend!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:50 pm

None
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 11:05 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
Paul..i absolutely will do some video...i have only one issue with it...they are so loud that i just cant do blow them too many times in the neighborhood...i have a cop that lives directly behind me..but as soon as i can get to an area that is not so congested i will snap a video...

Im serious...these suckers are loud and i cant convey just how loud they are in a post ..dougt i could even in a video...i blew them one time for FJDerek on the phone and i think he was blown away just from that...
So loud I almost dropped my phone! Ill try and get a video on my phone when I run over there tomorrow evening!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Huge Loud Sound .....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next