NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Huge Loud Sound .....

Go down 
+5
NC FJ Driver
iwashmycar
tbulluck
Speedrye
bigdogdewey2
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 11:06 pm

yeah we may have to ride up the road when you come ...im sure my neighbors are already wondering what the hell is going on...seriously had every dog around us wailing....!!!!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:16 am

You can pm me with your number and I van send u the.clip...lol
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 2:44 pm

Okay, I'm gonna weigh in here. Videos will be useless in determining the sheer magnitude of the volume. Derek couldn't even get close to an idea of the volume either because his phone's speaker is inadequate. Maybe if he had a bullhorn to the side of his head, he'd have a better idea of the volume. I recommend everyone show up next Saturday to the meet and watch Mike get arrested for noise ordinance violations!

Actually, if you're going to do a video, take a camera with a good zoom, drive 1/2 mile away and take a video of Mike blowing the horn. His truck might look like a speck on the video, but I guarantee the sound will be heard. Of course you have to take the same video with the stock horn blowing for purposes of an accurate comparison!

Of course, I say all of this since I've heard the horns. Even in the two short blasts I heard, I know enough now that I will be bringing hearing protection on Saturday pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 6:16 pm

LOL hearing protection.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:27 pm

ok yeah so really there is absolutely no way to convey the sheer volume that these put out...FJDerek was just at the house and he took a video on his phone and even knowing that i was gonna blow it he still jumped out of his skin!! ill let him post up with the video but its still not gonna duplicate it...

just show up on Saturday and hear it for yourself.!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:34 pm

This is one of the reasons I was going to go but I just can't realistically go.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:36 pm

lol...no i understand..it is a helluva drive to just hear some horns...LOl...so i guess you will just have to take the word of everyone else....sorry Paul!! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:00 pm

I might have to get on FaceTime with someone while they are there.
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:04 pm

First off Mike is right. This video does absolutely no justice to how loud these things really are but heres an idea,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:10 pm

Oh my... I see the distance too! Nice. It's on my list!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:16 pm

yeah it is...pretty loud...gonna be fun too...maybe trouble...but fun...lol
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:20 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
yeah it is...pretty loud...gonna be fun too...maybe trouble...but fun...lol
As long as you can laugh despite of the noise ordinance/disturbing the peace/public niusence ticket thats all that matters!!!!
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:21 pm

It's gonna be hard to get in trouble I think. Your truck is so ridiculously loud that you can't even tell where the sound came from because you're more concerned with the blood coming out of your ears. If your horns were visible, you'd have something to worry about, but that sweet plate you made keeps them well protected and hidden.
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:24 pm

Speedrye wrote:
It's gonna be hard to get in trouble I think. Your truck is so ridiculously loud that you can't even tell where the sound came from because you're more concerned with the blood coming out of your ears. If your horns were visible, you'd have something to worry about, but that sweet plate you made keeps them well protected and hidden.
Very true
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:58 pm

FJ Derek wrote:
Speedrye wrote:
Very true

Agreed
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Paul it would be great to see you...seriously...and we all understand that you dont want to drive that far...just for an evening...but there is someone coming from UNCW and MCrobertson is most likely coming from Lynchburg, Va...just sayin....

toot toot!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 12:15 am

Nate (UNCW) is going?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 12:20 am

i believe so...i swear i saw a post stating that he was going...
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:23 pm

ok so today we had the Greensboro meet at Darryls and most of you who attended got to hear the "huge loud sound"....i was not kidding when i said it was loud...hope i didnt blow any eardrums ...and i just thoroughly enjoyed scaring the poop out of the Bieber fans !!! on the way home (most local folks will know this) i decided to go by way of hilltop rd to Wendover..well there is a RRxing that is kind of in a curve so you actually cant see down the tracks...i went plenty slow and got jsut in front of i believe a maxima....as i pulled across the tracks i nailed the horns and the maxima actually stopped on the tracks i honestly think they didnt know what to do...anyway it was funny at least to me...!!
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:55 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
ok so today we had the Greensboro meet at Darryls and most of you who attended got to hear the "huge loud sound"....i was not kidding when i said it was loud...hope i didnt blow any eardrums ...and i just thoroughly enjoyed scaring the poop out of the Bieber fans !!! on the way home (most local folks will know this) i decided to go by way of hilltop rd to Wendover..well there is a RRxing that is kind of in a curve so you actually cant see down the tracks...i went plenty slow and got jsut in front of i believe a maxima....as i pulled across the tracks i nailed the horns and the maxima actually stopped on the tracks i honestly think they didnt know what to do...anyway it was funny at least to me...!!

Too funny!!! People might start thinking there is a ghost train running the tracks.
Back to top Go down
bluejack13
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
bluejack13

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:16 am

I think when you first blew those horns I went unconcious for a split second...or had an out of body experience! I was standing two cars down at the back of Jami's rig so I was within 12 feet of the blast!
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:02 pm

I need one of these for Lisa's Civic, lol!

Mike, you should get a PA system now.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:12 pm

nah...the PA system would seriously get me in trouble...with my big mouth?? lol yea!!at least with the horn i can kinda play it off that it wasnt me...its so loud it doesnt matter if your in front, behind, or beside me...
Back to top Go down
FJ Derek
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
FJ Derek

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Or half a mile away
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:30 pm

Or in Charlotte, JK. We haven't seen you in along time Mike but maybe I can hear you,lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Huge Loud Sound .....   Huge Loud Sound ..... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Huge Loud Sound .....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2