NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Budbuilt Skids

Go down 
+2
Xx_Black-out
InnerChild
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Budbuilt Skids Empty
PostSubject: Budbuilt Skids   Budbuilt Skids Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:19 am

I have a Budbuilt IFS Skid for my Tacoma, and its unbeatable, it takes the abuse i throw at it. And i can jack my truck up right underneither it and it doesnt hurt it one bit. Its gotten tweaked some, but not bad, it has some small bowing to it in the middle but it still protects my truck either way. IF you have a Tacoma, 4runner, or FJ i would highly recommend these skids.
Back to top Go down
InnerChild
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Budbuilt Skids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Skids   Budbuilt Skids Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:36 pm

I just got my budbuilt skids put on last week and they are like pieces of art. The provide almost full coverage over the entire bottom of the vechicle if you get the whole set and are incredibly solid. They are a bit heavy (150lbs in total I believe) but they certainly make my truck feel safe. I haven't had a chance to go out and break them in yet.

It should be noted when I went in for my 10k mile service today though, that while Bud says you can change the oil with them on, you can not for the 2011 model. Apparently they moved the oil filter, so they had to take off my skid plate to change it out. Not a big deal but an annoyance I wasn't expecting.

Also Bud is a terrible communicator. It took over a month to get my skids and Bud did a very poor job of answering emails or calling me back when I was trying to check up on the order (on the website it says 2-5 days till delivery).

All-in-all though I'd order them again, they are definitely worth the wait and the money.
Back to top Go down

Budbuilt Skids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Skids   Budbuilt Skids Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:08 pm

InnerChild wrote:
It should be noted when I went in for my 10k mile service today though, that while Bud says you can change the oil with them on, you can not for the 2011 model. Apparently they moved the oil filter, so they had to take off my skid plate to change it out. Not a big deal but an annoyance I wasn't expecting.

I would check to see if its lines up. I put mine on today and it looks dead on. I will admit I didn't take off the filter, but I can't see there being a problem. Even if that is the case the stock skid would have to be remove anyway.

Budbuilt Skids Dscn0917
Back to top Go down
InnerChild
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Budbuilt Skids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Skids   Budbuilt Skids Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:42 am

The oil plug lines up perfect, it's just the filter you can't reach.
Back to top Go down

Budbuilt Skids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Skids   Budbuilt Skids Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:00 pm

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but the picture above is of the oil filter cartridge. The drain plug is about 1 foot more towards the rear and has a separate 2" diameter hole for it.
Back to top Go down
Xx_Black-out
South Carolina Liaison
South Carolina Liaison
Xx_Black-out

Budbuilt Skids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Skids   Budbuilt Skids Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:51 am

I think the original skids didn't have the "door" to access the filter. He later added this for the newer model FJ's
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

Budbuilt Skids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Skids   Budbuilt Skids Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:55 am

Are the oil filter/drain plug in the same places on a Tacoma and FJ?
Back to top Go down

Budbuilt Skids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Skids   Budbuilt Skids Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:15 pm

Wish I could answer this, but I do not know. Bump for an unanswered question. Back then I didn't realize the OP was referring to a Tacoma. I should read better.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

Budbuilt Skids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Skids   Budbuilt Skids Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:33 pm

I just got my Budbuilt skids in today - front bash and engine!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Man are they BEEFY! I will have to start to work on the painting process now....I want to keep the orange appearance I have with the Ricochets...and of course I still have my Ricochet LCA skids, which are orange....

I guess this now means I have my Ricochet front and engine skids up for sale Wink
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

Budbuilt Skids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Skids   Budbuilt Skids Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:10 am

I need to visit Bud and pick up my skids for the Southeast Overland FJ.

By the way - Southeast Overland carries BudBuilt products if anyone has any questions. Our website is going through an upgrade and as soon as that is complete I'll have more of Bud's products available online.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SoutheastOverland.com
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Budbuilt Skids Empty
PostSubject: skids   Budbuilt Skids Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:54 am

David, are you switching from ricochet to budbuilt skids? if so what are you doing with the old ricochets? jsut curious
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

Budbuilt Skids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Skids   Budbuilt Skids Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:38 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
David, are you switching from ricochet to budbuilt skids? if so what are you doing with the old ricochets? jsut curious

Yes. I am offering my Ricochets up for sale. See the FSOB section Smile And they have been to Summit and back! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
Sponsored content

Budbuilt Skids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Skids   Budbuilt Skids Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Budbuilt Skids
Page 1 of 1