NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Richland Gap Trail Run

Go down 
+3
NC FJ Driver
bigdogdewey2
crogers6569
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: snowbird   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:21 pm

What is snowbird like? Easy, moderate, hard?let us know what that is like?
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 3:15 pm

No clue honestly, this will be my first trip. Check here for more details.......

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/south-east-region/136194-snowbird-nov-5th-6th-2011-a.html
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: richland gap trail   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:40 pm

ok its Sunday the 30th of october,

I think its time to see if we can get some definates on who is going to be heading to Richland Gap trail...and definteatly where to meet...there has bee alot of talk on this subject and i have seen a bit of wishywashy stuff...lets get it all together and get this going...

Brian7758, i think you should go ahead and edit your initial post ans try to get a list of who in fact is going...as of right now i am going to confirm that me and my wife are definately going, also i want to tentatively say that a friend of mine Allen with a Heep is going. i cant speak fully for DIRTGHOST but i will assume that he is going also...

so to recap

Mike and Angie Thompson

Allen Beacom and family (+3)

Darrel and Annette Combs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Added to initial post.

RICHLAND GAP TRAIL RIDE - SATURDAY - NOVEMBER 5TH

This trail ride will take us on fire service roads through the area between Lenoir and Blowing Rock. The trails have been reported as being easy to moderate.

Meeting place: Exit 150 (Hwy 115) at Sheetz gas station. Easy access and plenty of room. Link below:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=35.802108,-80.905681&spn=0.005056,0.014656&t=h&z=17&vpsrc=6

Meeting time: 8:30am - 9am I will be there at 8:30 rolling out at 9:00.

If you are coming a different way than westbound I-40, let me know and we can make a 2nd meeting stop.

So far the following people are going:

Brian (& possibly family)
Mike & Angie
Alan & family
Darrel & Annette
Paul (& possibly wife)

If I have forgotten anyone, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:10 pm

I'm still in, hoping to camp in the area Friday night, still waiting on wifey for final yeah/nay!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 9:28 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
I'm still in, hoping to camp in the area Friday night, still waiting on wifey for final yeah/nay!

If you go camping where would you camp at? I won't be able to camp out this time, but maybe on another trip. Just curious.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:44 am

There's a ton of free camping at nat forest land in the area. Then there's Julian Price Park but I think it's closes in Oct.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: looking forward to this run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:53 pm

i am really looking forward to this trip ...something new ...i have seen some videos from richland gap -rd...and some of it looks like alot of fun...some looks kinda challenging...all the same ..we (my wife and i) are really looking forward to it..so dress warmly...lets get it on...

i just really wish i had my tires and wheels mounted...mo' traction!! but not this run...oh well...street tires it will be!!
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:55 pm

Save the tires for when it's covered in a foot of snow! then you'll need them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:09 pm

The wife and boy are coming with me. We are all excited. Looks like it is going to be nice cold weather for the ride.

If anyone planning on going has trouble with the meeting arrangements please let me know.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Brian   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:17 pm

it looks like its going to be you and family, paul and maybe wife, and me and angie...down to three trucks...Darrel is not goin to go as he has alot to do before he moves into their new house...no big deal still gonna be a good time..im gonna try to talk alan and family into it as he called yesterday and said it was TOO early...REALLY???to early? whatever ill see what i can do...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:55 am

THIS RICHLAND ROAD RIDE HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO NSUFFICIENT INVOLVEMENT.

I am going to try to meet up with Jami and Doug (and others) who are heading to Brown Mountain OHV park. I am sure they would welcome anyone.
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:33 am

I was still trying to make up my mind if it would be worth it considering all the rain today and colder temps tomorrow. Thanks for trying to put this together though.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:05 am

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:15 am

I sorry guys, everyone that confirmed couldn't make it. Paul, Yuri, I am not opposed to going, just wanted at least 3 vehicles. If you two are in, we can still do this thing. If not I am going to catch up with the group heading to Brown Mountain. Just let me know something.

Yuri, I personally think the rain and the cold weather will make it more fun!

Paul, If we can still do this run are you coming up in the morning, or camping Friday night?
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:32 am

My limiting factor is an event I have to attend later that evening. I'd have to be back home by 3pm and I think that will cause me to be under time pressure. So although i agree it would be fun to go even if the trail is sloppy, I'm going to make the call to sit this one out and just mess around the house this weekend, maybe take a look at my brakes if I get some time.

Sorry.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: sorry guys   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 2:29 pm

i am very very sorry that i am unable to go on this run... i am unable to go as i have injured one of my eyes in welding class...hot molten steel does not bode well for the eye...im sure that i will make the next ride whenever it is..hopefully

for those still going on a ride please enjoy and be safe...

mike!@
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 3:13 pm

OUCH!! Now my eye hurts just thinking about that. Do marines wear eye patches?? I thought that was only in the navy... hm. Hope you recover ok. Will you? Will you recover ok?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: eye patch   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 5:58 pm

yes i will be fine...its just very irritated...feels like an eyeful of sand..but doc says ill be just fine...thanks for asking...
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 10:28 am

bigdogdewey2, good to hear you and your eye are going to be ok!

As for the ride, weather today looks great, would've been a nice ride, but the wife couldn't make it and I would've been pretty tired from work, so not a total loss...definately going to have to plan another, soon. Who was it that wanted to do it once it snows?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:13 am

irgrnr and crogers both wanted to do it once it snowed...im in for a snow trip..hopefully by then ill also have my fricken tires and wheels mounted....yeah weather turned out to be great today...would havve been a nice ride ...oh well...LOL...definately next time
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:14 am

I finally decided I was gonna go on this ride about the same time it was cancelled. I'd love a good snow ride though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Richland Gap Trail Run
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3