NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Richland Gap Trail Run

Go down 
+3
NC FJ Driver
bigdogdewey2
crogers6569
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:18 am

NC FJ Driver wrote:
lrgrnr wrote:
WTF is a farkle?

Didnt you use it? Slow down, I'm getting confused!

The forum has an automatic profanity correction.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:24 am

Where is this Richland Gap located? I might be able to make it out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:32 am

Lenoir

between Lenoir and Blowing rock
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:46 am

Interested in going,
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Not gonna make it.......truck has no exhaust and no rear driveshaft at the moment.....sorry for not posting earlier.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: found something out today   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:46 pm

i had a friend call me today and he asked me about richland rd. and how it was...he told me that what he found was that it is privately owned land ...and that he had read on the internet that the writer of the internet article was up there and that the owners had "held up" a couple of riders and were waiting on the police to arrive to arrest them on trespassing charges...was my buddy reading about the wrong place or is that the actual deal?? what is richland rd-richland gap? is it privately owned ? public land? pay to ride? free?? anybody have any insight into this??
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:52 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
i had a friend call me today and he asked me about richland rd. and how it was...he told me that what he found was that it is privately owned land ...and that he had read on the internet that the writer of the internet article was up there and that the owners had "held up" a couple of riders and were waiting on the police to arrive to arrest them on trespassing charges...was my buddy reading about the wrong place or is that the actual deal?? what is richland rd-richland gap? is it privately owned ? public land? pay to ride? free?? anybody have any insight into this??

No, the trails off of Richland road are privately owned, but the road itself is a Forest Service rd, it even will show up on your GPS. Just don't leave the road.

The people that "held them up" were in the wrong, this is labeled just like your every day Forest road like Shoe creek and the once open Globe Rd in Blowing Rock.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: ok cool...   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:54 pm

so about how long would it take to do the whole road? im just curious...
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:00 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:

If you run it straight, maybe 1.5hrs. There's on section with a nice long creek bed run that is the highlight of the road IMO and a couple little play areas that we usually stop at and take a break, I think it took our last group about 3 hrs to run through with taking lunch half way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:17 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:

CRAP, we need for more people to go! Right now I am the short fat guy of the group. I've seen Deliverance, I know what happens to that guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:21 pm

lrgrnr wrote:
bigdogdewey2 wrote:

If you run it straight, maybe 1.5hrs. There's on section with a nice long creek bed run that is the highlight of the road IMO and a couple little play areas that we usually stop at and take a break, I think it took our last group about 3 hrs to run through with taking lunch half way.

This might leave us some time to swing by the Budbuilt shop. I am not sure what their Saturday hours would be though. Last time I was there I had an awesome time talking to Bud and walked away with $1200 worth of metal.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Brian7758 wrote:

CRAP, we need for more people to go! Right now I am the short fat guy of the group. I've seen Deliverance, I know what happens to that guy.

LMAO! rabbit
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Aww man I miss Globe rd....
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: LMAO   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:57 pm

"squeal like a pig boy" ..."you shore do got a pretty mouth!"

thats funny...well it sounds like a good time to me...im planning on it and am looking forward to it...
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: hey Chad   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:22 pm

Chad...i left you a PM ..hit me back when you can...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:09 pm

This ride is only two weeks away (Nov 5th). I am just trying to get a heads up of who all might be going and where might be best to meet. Right now only Chad, Mike, and myself have really confirmed.

I suggest we meet at the rest stop on I-40 at mile marker 136. If there are people coming from the Charlotte area we might need to adjust this or make a second meet stop.

I have never been on this trail, but everyone says it is easy to moderate and I don't imagine anyone's rig will have too much trouble with it.

PM or post on this thread if you think you can come. As always it should be a good time.
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:37 pm

Im riding the fail boat... Im having to back out on this trip as well.... I am beginning to hate people who cant do their piddly arse little jobs and make my life hell
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:46 pm

I'm in fur sure. If I can help it I'm going to come in Friday nite, camp, and be at the link up Saturday am. It might turn out to up real early Saturday and drive to link up, but wont know for sure until the wife's plans materialize!
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:16 am

Can't make this trip. Hope you guys have fun!
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:32 am

Just remember, when the traill looks like it ends, hit the creek.

And run the creek beds when you can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:10 pm

Bobby and Chad, your 4runner presence will be missed. Lisa's cookies will be missed even more! Hopefully things will change and you guys will be able to make it after all.

Larry, I recall you posting a Mapquest link (It was GPS I think) with the trail, but I have forgotten where this was posted. Would you mind posting that link again to this thread? We will take your advice with the creek bed. As it stands now this trail is new to everyone, so we might have to do a little land nav on foot every now and then to make sure we are on the right path.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Let me find it........
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:36 pm

Start at A

http://www.mapquest.com/?le=t&hk=8-ogSzoG2m&vs=

Also youtube search Richland Rd. Lots of vids from a trip a while back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:43 am

Thanks Larry.

Surely there are a few more people that are up for some mild wheelin the Saturday after next?
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 1:23 pm

I'll be at Snowbird OHV in Murphy NC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richland Gap Trail Run   Richland Gap Trail Run - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Richland Gap Trail Run
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next