NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Empty
PostSubject: First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 12:07 am

First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. IMG_2957

First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. IMG_2958

First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. IMG_2959

First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. IMG_2982

First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. IMG_2985

just some teasers... Had a chance to go wheeling with my brother some friday. This is at "the flats" in Marion, NC

In all of the first pictures I was hitting that climb with speedo showing 70mph and barely moving. Tons of fun point and shoot type wheeling.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: AWESOME   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 12:16 pm

that looks like alot of fun...wish i still had my ZUK buggy...that way i cold thrash away at some nasty trails...
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 4:33 pm

What about tacoma?
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 5:28 pm

By all means... I wheel hard and has to have the buggy winches around the corner
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 6:40 pm

I'll take you up on that.......
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:46 pm

Larry I would really encourage you not to try it. Right aroud that bend is a rock that is undercut around its edge and there is a tree on the other side of the trail. You hit the tree stump which flings you into the rock and with a full body you will destroy passenger side doors even with sliders that stick out a bit. Although if you want to try it Ill come video and watch the carnage.

This is one trail I owuldnt even attempt in my runner. Ill post vids if I can figure out a place to upload .mvi files.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:58 pm

crogers6569 wrote:
Larry I would really encourage you not to try it. Right around that bend is a rock that is undercut around its edge and there is a tree on the other side of the trail. You hit the tree stump which flings you into the rock and with a full body you will destroy passenger side doors even with sliders that stick out a bit. Although if you want to try it Ill come video and watch the carnage.

This is one trail I wouldnt even attempt in my runner. Ill post vids if I can figure out a place to upload .mvi files.

Well Chad........have you met Larry?!? LOL If anyone could do it, or attempt it, I guarantee
would be Larry.... Especially if there is free beer involved.... LOL
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:16 pm

havent met him yet but I have seen damage doesnt phase him much... I just dont want to see anyone destroy a part of the body that isnt repairable. B-pillars spashed in are not mended easily and doors are nice to have when its cold. Neither of these would exist after that turn unless you develp a slider for just below the window line.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:34 pm

crogers6569 wrote:
havent met him yet but I have seen damage doesnt phase him much... I just dont want to see anyone destroy a part of the body that isnt repairable. B-pillars spashed in are not mended easily and doors are nice to have when its cold. Neither of these would exist after that turn unless you develp a slider for just below the window line.

Oh, I know...hopefully common sense would hit Larry at least once in his life..... Wink You know I am kidding Larry.... i am still going with the "Mad Man" nick name for Larry.... as a tribute... Smile
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:43 pm

I wouldn't hit it hard enough to bounce into the rock.....I'd pull the winch line Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:45 pm

lrgrnr wrote:
I wouldn't hit it hard enough to bounce into the rock.....I'd pull the winch line Very Happy

There is the "Mad Man".....always thinking... study
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:48 pm

that wouldnt count.... winching isnt wheeling thats taking the easy out. LOL.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:50 pm

crogers6569 wrote:
that wouldnt count.... winching isnt wheeling thats taking the easy out. LOL.

Really!?!?! ..... LOL Rolling Eyes Chad, you are something else....LOL.....glad you are here!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:53 pm

Actually thinking about it... If someone were to winch a late model truck through there. I would still give em a 12 pack just to settle their nerves.

I chain smoke after taking my 4runner through some harder stuff and I wouldnt consider that passable. You just have to see it and feel what my back felt hitting that rock sideways to appreciate how rough that corner really is.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:01 am

crogers6569 wrote:
Actually thinking about it... If someone were to winch a late model truck through there. I would still give em a 12 pack just to settle their nerves.

I chain smoke after taking my 4runner through some harder stuff and I wouldnt consider that passable. You just have to see it and feel what my back felt hitting that rock sideways to appreciate how rough that corner really is.

Yeah, I quit smoking when my son was born, almost 6 years ago...this kind of stress would be a personal challenge.... LOL
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:45 pm

Looks like some fun! What size are those Iroks?

Thanks a lot man now i need to get a buggy so i can just smash into things with no worries lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.   First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First FJ driver past the first bend gets a 12 pack on me.
Page 1 of 1