NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Driver Foot Rest is a POS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

Driver Foot Rest is a POS Empty
PostSubject: Driver Foot Rest is a POS   Driver Foot Rest is a POS Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:43 am

I've heard of this happening to others, and it recently happened to me... the foot rest simply came loose and the plastic bracket under it snapped. I tried gorilla glue and duct tape (this is the south, it's in our blood), but it wouldn't adhere to the plastic well enough. I'm no longer under warranty (I don't believe), and don't feel like paying a lot of money for an OEM part like that.

Has anybody else on here had this happen? If so, did you get it replaced? Were you covered under the warranty?

Does anyone have any ideas of how I could even cover the exposed area up? I though about plasti-dip, but it probably won't hold up from the wear and tear of my drumming skills.

Last edited by DamnItsAGlasgow on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Driver Foot Rest is a POS   Driver Foot Rest is a POS Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:04 am

DamnItsAGlasgow wrote:
I've heard of this happening to others, and it recently happened to me... the foot rest simply came loose and the plastic bracket under it snapped. I tried gorilla glue and duct tape (this is the south, it's in our blood), but it wouldn't adhere to the plastic well enough. I'm no longer under warranty (I don't believe), and don't feel like paying a lot of money for an OEM part like that.

Has anybody else on here had this happen? If so, did you get it replaced? Were you covered under the warranty?

Does anyone have any ideas of how I could even cover it up? I though about plasti-dip, but it probably won't hold up from the wear and tear of my drumming skills.

Awesome and true!
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Driver Foot Rest is a POS   Driver Foot Rest is a POS Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:08 am

Mine broke awhile back. I used the 'foot rest' for a prop to look out the back and my body weight snapped the plastic connection point. I replaced it with an OEM piece and it has worked fine since then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SoutheastOverland.com
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Driver Foot Rest is a POS   Driver Foot Rest is a POS Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:16 am

Yea that's what mine broke from too... Do you remember how much you paid for the replacement? I know at one point there was a manufactures ticket on this issue and it was covered under warranty, but I don't think it'd be much use for me.
Back to top Go down
Southeast Overland
VENDOR - SEO
VENDOR - SEO
Southeast Overland

PostSubject: Re: Driver Foot Rest is a POS   Driver Foot Rest is a POS Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:36 pm

I don't. I ordered it from Ralph Hayes Toyota in Anderson SC where I get 25% off for being an Upstate Cruisers member. It was a few bucks but I don't think it was outrageous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SoutheastOverland.com
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Driver Foot Rest is a POS   Driver Foot Rest is a POS Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:15 pm

I want to say they're about $60 from dealers (without any discount). I'm going to try to come up with a solution on the broken one first, then we'll see from there
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: Driver Foot Rest is a POS   Driver Foot Rest is a POS Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:10 pm

i would think one could fab something up.....maybe diamond plate or a grill grate bent and screwed into place.
Back to top Go down
DamnItsAGlasgow
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Driver Foot Rest is a POS   Driver Foot Rest is a POS Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:19 pm

There is a guy on the SoCal forum but it's still $40. That's my backup plan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver Foot Rest is a POS   Driver Foot Rest is a POS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driver Foot Rest is a POS
Page 1 of 1