NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights Empty
PostSubject: PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights   PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:16 am

I have had good luck running PIAAs for over a year now. Great improvement over stock headlights.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights   PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 1:48 pm

where did you get them and how much. I replace my mirror lights a few weeks ago w/ the cheap bulbs but now i am wanting something brighter.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights   PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 3:55 pm

tbulluck wrote:
where did you get them and how much. I replace my mirror lights a few weeks ago w/ the cheap bulbs but now i am wanting something brighter.

I ordered them from a local truck accessory shop....I would have thought they would have had them on stock, since they had PIAAs for EVERY other make of truck (alot of Toyota stuff they have to order....). Anyway, they were no lower in price than the internet, just ordered the lights to them to patronize local business, turns out they are not the best to deal with, so I would order them online next time...
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights   PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:55 pm

David B wrote:
I have had good luck running PIAAs for over a year now. Great improvement over stock headlights.

How do you like the PIAA headlights compared to the stock headlights? I was between those and the Sylvania Ultra Brights and went with the Sylvanias. I got mine at Advanced Auto Parts and the guy told me they were the brightest they have in stock. They work MUCH better than the stocks but theyre still not really "white".
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights   PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:01 am

I just found out (after 3 yrs) that my PIAA fogs can turn on independently ... without lows or highs or anything else on.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights   PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:56 pm

CarolinaCruiser15 wrote:
I just found out (after 3 yrs) that my PIAA fogs can turn on independently ... without lows or highs or anything else on.

Doesnt that make you wonder what else you might've been missing!lol!
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights   PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:58 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
CarolinaCruiser15 wrote:

Doesnt that make you wonder what else you might've been missing!lol!

ABSOLUTELY!! lol
Back to top Go down
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

PostSubject: Re: PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights   PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:45 pm

My left side factory PIAA went out so I stopped by Advance Auto and picked up a pair of the Silverstars #H3ST. What a difference. Much brighter and whiter. Down side is they were $21 eac, so I'm writing this up as a $42 mod. pirat
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights   PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:53 pm

rylandnc wrote:
My left side factory PIAA went out so I stopped by Advance Auto and picked up a pair of the Silverstars #H3ST. What a difference. Much brighter and whiter. Down side is they were $21 eac, so I'm writing this up as a $42 mod. pirat

Hey Ryland, how did you replace the bulb?? I tried once and it was the biggest $@#*! pain ever.... and I never was able to replace it! But yes, Im not digging the yellow. Also, I imagine its a smaller bulb than the one for the headlights, right?
Back to top Go down
rylandnc
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
rylandnc

PostSubject: Re: PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights   PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:05 pm

It's simple. Snap the guard off. Loosen the two screws (don't remove). Slide the lens ring off the front of the light. Pull the lamp assembly off the housing (may need a little pry from a small flat screwdriver). Pull the white wire connector apart. This looks like a larger insulated sleeve, but it actually just houses a blade connector (pull the wire not the cover. Push the two bulb retainers down and out and hinge up. Bulb lifts out.

Then just plug the new bulb/wire assembly in. Place the back in the lens so it is set by the detents. Hinge the retainer back and attached. Reinstall the lamp assembly in the housing making sure the gasket is set correctly. Reinstall the lens ring with drain slot at the bottom. Tighten screws and snap guard back on.

NOTE: The bulb and short little white wire is one piece. Don't try to take the glass bulb out of the metal bulb holder.
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights   PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:36 pm

Awesome. Thanks man. Ill have to take a look at that. Sorry for the late reply, I was in NM for a little over a week for Thanksgiving and had limited internet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights   PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PIAA 520 fog lights and PIAA headlights
Page 1 of 1