NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4R guy from Raleigh

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JB40
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

4R guy from Raleigh Empty
PostSubject: 4R guy from Raleigh   4R guy from Raleigh Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 11:04 am

Hey all.

I just wanted to stop in and say hi.    My name is Jay, I'm a father of two toddlers, and I recently got into a 4th Gen - '05 4Runner V8.  It fits my family's need better than an FJ or a Taco, and I'm very happy with it.

FJ owners have been great across multiple forums, helping to supply me with some FJ springs and wheels to go with my Bilsteins.  All of which should be on in a week or two.

As a kid and into my teens I loved to camp, hike, and enjoy the outdoors in general.  My 4R will stay mostly stock aside from the upgrades above, and if I'm being honest about my usage I'll stay smaller than 285 on the tire.

From researching around, it looks like there aren't any spots for stock/light wheeling in Raleigh.  Page is closed and TWA is "serious" from what I have seen online and in person.  URE is a bit of a trip for me with the kids at their current ages, but I'm sure we'll camp there when they are older.

Anyway, sorry for the long intro, I'm sure I'll see you guys around.

Jay
Back to top Go down

4R guy from Raleigh
Page 1 of 1