NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ

Go down 
+5
David B
BattBoy
Tommy_T
bigdogdewey2
FJTOM
9 posters
AuthorMessage
FJTOM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Empty
PostSubject: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:10 pm

Going to look at a FJ to replace my Tundra Crewmax as I've come to love these sense they came out.

The ride has 36k and is certified. Anything to look at?

Has ARB bumpers front and rear with winch and Toytec 3" lift that i'd likely do anyhow but want to get thoughts on purchasing a moded FJ and what to look for as potential issues.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:17 pm

With 36k miles on it you should not be worried about any issues.  The only thing I would consider being aware of is the allignment.  Was it done and was it done correctly? I would also crawl underneath and look for signs of offroad use.  This personally would not be a deterrent for me but it could be for others.  What do you plan on doing with it? Daily drive? Some offroad use? A lot of offroad use? Wheel the crap out of it?  Good luck with the purchase and if you go thru with it make sure you post pics so we can compliment and or make fun of it and you....just kidding..we wont make fun of the ride..just you.  Welcome to the boards and good luck.
Back to top Go down
FJTOM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:32 pm

Had the same on my tundra with the bilstein 5100s. sort of run out of room on adj for camber.

Plan is daily driver and headbout to uwharrie from time to time and lots of mountain biking trips tobthe mountains.
Back to top Go down
FJTOM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 3:07 pm

Bit the bullet and made the purchase.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and getting out there with you on the trails.

I'm new to the site but will be on the look out for some trail rides.

Tom in Apex
Back to top Go down
Tommy_T
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Tommy_T

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:26 pm

Welcome Tom, I'm Tom.  Congratulations on your purchase, my 2012 Quicksand needs some company at NCFJ meets.  Two Tom's with Quicksand FJ's is cool.  Seems like there is voodoo blue everywhere LOL

Join us on the facebook page too!
Back to top Go down
FJTOM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:31 pm

I searched for the fjord page but couldn't find it. What's it called?
Back to top Go down
Tommy_T
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Tommy_T

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:42 pm

FJTOM wrote:
I searched for the fjord page but couldn't find it. What's it called?

fjord page??? not sure about that....

Facebook page link is here http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com/t137-ncfj-facebook-group-page-link
Back to top Go down
FJTOM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:50 pm

Thanks!

Just joined.

Damn auto correct.... fjord somehow equals FJ cruiser =-O
Back to top Go down
Tommy_T
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Tommy_T

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 9:34 pm

FJTOM wrote:
Thanks!

Just joined.

Damn auto correct.... fjord somehow equals FJ cruiser =-O

LOL I turned that auto correct off on my phone....drove me crazy.
Back to top Go down
BattBoy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 11:33 pm

Congrats on the purchase Tom! I just got my cement/grey FJ a couple weeks ago in Cary. Hope to see you around!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 12:38 am

Welcome to the family guys! Lets see the pics of the new rides!!!
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
FJTOM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Here's the new addition.... not sure really how to add a pic so here is a link to FJ Forum.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/general-discussion/248081-future-buyer-looking-12-quicksand-fj.html
Back to top Go down
08TTFJ
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
08TTFJ

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:20 am

Looks good!  I'm a fan of the toytec lift too.  Nice Setup
Back to top Go down
motorhead1257
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:11 am

FJTOM wrote:
Bit the bullet and made the purchase.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and getting out there with you on the trails.

I'm new to the site but will be on the look out for some trail rides.

Tom in Apex

Welcome, if it's any reassurance I have an 03/07 build date FJ, I purchased this past Sept. anyhow, it had 105,000 and now has 110,000, and I have had NO problems. I worry like mad at times when I read all the horror stories, but then again, what are they doing to them? They running the dog crap out of or something. Mines great and it works fine. I just don't know how it works, and learning this stuff is new to me.

Have a good one,
Les
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:07 pm

looking good...congrats on the addition...again welcome to the group!! now get some dirt on it...it will ride better if you do...
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 9:35 pm

Good looking FJ and welcome to the group!
Back to top Go down
SingleTrack
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
SingleTrack

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 11:16 pm

Looking good Tom! Sand and Army Green are my favorite colors ...that's why have a silver one? Go figure. Anywho, my hobby for the last 20 years has been cycling, mostly mountain biking. If you like camping to, let's saddle up and take the bikes to Uwharrie...Wilkesboro, whatever, and camp out the night before and ride all day the next day. You on the Facebook page?
Back to top Go down
FJTOM
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 11:58 pm

SingleTrack wrote:
Looking good Tom! Sand and Army Green are my favorite colors ...that's why have a silver one? Go figure. Anywho, my hobby for the last 20 years has been cycling, mostly mountain biking. If you like camping to, let's saddle up and take the bikes to Uwharrie...Wilkesboro, whatever, and camp out the night before and ride all day the next day. You on the Facebook page?

Thanks Fellas!

Really digging the FJ so far. 

SingleTrack - definitely up for some single track and some trails out in URE. I've biked out there several years ago at both Badin and URE trails (super tree etc...). Trails out there are great. I've actually ridden quite a bit of the off-road trails out there as well as a means to get back to our camp site... long story. It will be alt least another month before any single track however due to a shoulder surgery from said sport.... 

Anyway, looking forward to getting a feel for the FJ and really seeing what it can do with you guys sooner than later. 

Tom in Apex
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:32 am

Tom we are looking forward to getting up with you...get you out on the trails at URE and other places...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ   Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future Buyer....Looking at a 12' Quicksand FJ
Page 1 of 1