NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to Relocate the Control Box

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Where to Relocate the Control Box Empty
PostSubject: Where to Relocate the Control Box   Where to Relocate the Control Box Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:22 pm

The winch arrived today. It will be a tough fit. I will also need to relocate the control box. Not sure where I'll put it. Any ideas?

Also I will need to get some longer wire and new connections. Any suggestions for this?
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Where to Relocate the Control Box   Where to Relocate the Control Box Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:56 pm

I bought longer cables from Warn directly. Surprisingly inexpensive.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Where to Relocate the Control Box   Where to Relocate the Control Box Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:26 pm

mount it near the washer bottle on the pass side of the engine...what kind of winch did you get?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where to Relocate the Control Box   Where to Relocate the Control Box Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:59 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
mount it near the washer bottle on the pass side of the engine...what kind of winch did you get?
Thats where I was leaning towards. I will have to see how you mounted yours on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Where to Relocate the Control Box   Where to Relocate the Control Box Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:35 pm

well mine is actually mounted over the winch on my bumper...Darrels bumper doesnt have this provision ...not a bad thing mind you and i do know that the other gentleman who bought an OBDF said he had to mount inside the engine compartment...

you can also do what i did and buy the WARN atv handlebar controller and mount it inside the vehicle....wries directly into solenoid box...that way you dont actually have to use the hand held controller...do it all from the safety of the cab....that way you can control RPMs and winch speed wile still "driving" the vehicle....i have an extra one and if memory serves me correctly it is promised to Nick...but from warn they are very cheap...
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Where to Relocate the Control Box   Where to Relocate the Control Box Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:59 pm

here ya go...

http://www.warn.com/atv/accessories/ATV-ReplaceMiniRocker.shtml
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where to Relocate the Control Box   Where to Relocate the Control Box Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks mike, but I think the wired controller would reach the driver side in the cab where ever I mount it. Maybe down the road, but right now funds are tight. I am trying to scrape enough together to prepare the FJ for the big windrock trip. At this point I am just trying to keep up with the other guys.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Where to Relocate the Control Box   Where to Relocate the Control Box Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:19 pm

no problem...but i will say that if you were to get the truck in a seriously off camber situation you may not be able to open the hood...just a thought...not to mention actually safely get out of the vehicle..again just a thought....thats why i put mine in...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where to Relocate the Control Box   Where to Relocate the Control Box Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:32 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
no problem...but i will say that if you were to get the truck in a seriously off camber situation you may not be able to open the hood...just a thought...not to mention actually safely get out of the vehicle..again just a thought....thats why i put mine in...

Oh I fully agree. That's when I yell "Nick, Casey, heeeeellllllppppp!"
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Where to Relocate the Control Box   Where to Relocate the Control Box Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:36 pm

lol....
thank goodness for spotters
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Where to Relocate the Control Box   Where to Relocate the Control Box Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Brian wrote:
bigdogdewey2 wrote:

Oh I fully agree. That's when I yell "Nick, Casey, heeeeellllllppppp!"

Haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to Relocate the Control Box   Where to Relocate the Control Box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to Relocate the Control Box
Page 1 of 1