NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rear Lower Control Arms

Go down 
+4
totald
bigdogdewey2
NCFJ1
Scottydog
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

Rear Lower Control Arms Empty
PostSubject: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Who has replaced their rear LCAs? What did you put on?
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:16 pm

I build and sell LCAs for the FJ Cruiser. $285 per set plus shipping. Here is a link to the site.

http://www.thetoyoutfitters.net/Control_Arms.html

Here is a thread I wrote describing the benefits of aftermarket links

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/toy-outfitters/124623-benefits-aftermarket-links.html

Give me a call if you have any questions

Stan 864-590-0051
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: LCAs   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:29 pm

what is the manufacturing process of the links that you make? and what is the material used? just curious as for comparisons to other possible products. thanks
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:00 pm

Here is a link to a thread with all the information on the links.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/toy-outfitters/73274-lower-control-arms.html
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: lcas   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:13 pm

MIG, TIG...? i just dont want to have to read 12 pages to find a little bit of info...have any of yours ever been bent? what is return/replace policy if one is bent?
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:51 pm

THey are MIG welded. You need not read 12 pages, the first post will do.

I had one guy claim to have bent a lower link, although he could not produce the bent link or even a photo of it. It is pretty hard to bend a 24" length of 1.5" X .250" wall DOM tube.

If you do happend to bend a tube, just send it back with a copy of the invoice and I will re tube it for free. You pay for shipping.

Stan
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:02 pm

That is some good product backing.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: LCAs   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Thats some good info...thanks for sharing...i have bent both the LCAs on my FJ ...not bad...but they are bent...so i will be looking for an upgrade in the near future...
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:54 pm

Watch yourself with running bent tubes. The stock links will tear apart on a bend rather easy. I have seen a couple lower links tear in two on the trail. Thank God for trail spares.
Back to top Go down
cjcradier
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
cjcradier

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:08 am

That was me that bent a link, and after our first conversation where you said you would sell me another why take pics? So in the trash bin it went and I bought some links that the builder would stand behind!

http://redlinelandcruisers.com/items.php?FamID=1&CatID=3&ItemID=45

I have been extreamly happy with these and have not had one single issue with them. They are fully adjusable plus a swapped all the fine thread metric to coarse thread 9/16 bolts. I would say give Justin at Redline a call or if you have the stuff make your own! It is a super easy project that you could truly be proud of.
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:21 am

Gonna go through this again Cliff? It is all documented on the thread in the blue room. You told me on the phone that you were not even sure it was bent and I told you to check it with a straight edge and get back to me. You never did.

First you told me you did it then changed the story to it was your wife that did it. You then told me you do not even know when it happened. You bent a 1.5" X .250" 24" length of DOM and don't know how you did it, odd at best. You were the reason I instituted the replacement policy. You do something that supposedley bent a link and I am the bad guy because you cant prove it, were not even positive it was bent the one and only time you spoke to me.

At the end of the thread you then want to buy me a beer. Yup, it must be me.

Here's the thread

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/119266-best-rear-lower-links.html
Back to top Go down
cjcradier
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
cjcradier

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:42 am

I asked about the recourse if bent, You said buy another! Whats the point And I said it was bent not that I am sure but it was. And that is the point, I was sitting right next to her and nothing happened that should have bent the link! And I never said I did it! I am hard on my truck but not abusive, and the blue room really if you speak out against one of the coveted vendors, you are labeled a troll or what ever else they can do want you or BAN you. So I take what I read on the blue room lightly. Your attitude after the first call, put me off. Who wouldn't be upset with that recourse that you gave me. Buy another link at half the set price! But I also said that if you changed your policy because of me then great for you, but I can not and will not support or endorse your product in good conscience. And buying a beer for you, well I was just trying to lighten the mood "in the room".

So to all that read this Stan has changed his policy, good for him standing up behind his product now! I wish it was so before. But as I said even though his policy has changed I cant say heck yea buy his product! Since I had to spend more money I went on a sech for a better product where the owner and builder stated that if I bend or break one of his links HE will replace it at no charge, EXCEPT for the heim these have a 90 warranty on them. Heims are a wear Item and I can live with that.

That also said I would suggest in to looking in to building your own set. There are threads all over showing how easy it is. If I had the time this is what I would have done. But at the time I didn't have any left to spare.
Back to top Go down
NCFJ1
VENDOR - HFS
VENDOR - HFS

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:53 am

Go re read the linked thread, note that none of your posts have been edited to this point. Cliff you told me you and a pal looked at it and it "looked" bent.

This is all already documented, no need to go over and over the same ground.

I have stood behind my product all along Cliff, you just shocked me claiming to have bent a link and then telling me you had no idea how it happened. Perhaps that is why my products have the reputation they do.

There will always be nay sayers to anything, guess that job falls on you Cliff. Funny part is that after your rant on the blue room my lower link sales went up.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:55 am

And they all lived happily ever after...THE END!
Back to top Go down
cjcradier
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
cjcradier

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:05 am

Good for you, I cant control the world. But I can help educate those around me, and I will continue to do so! And it wasn't so much your link that put me off, it was YOU. YOU said if it was bent YOU would sell me another. Not to cool in my book. And as I stated the blue room post was months after the ordeal of the bent lower link, And only when I aired it out on the blue room you were willing to do something other than sell me another link. cheers
And honestly isn't that what forums and internet is about. Research the good and the bad freely and openly. But no we want to control it and take it to a pm where its never out for the public to hear. So I applaud your sales, and your changed policy, your customers are so very welcome!
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:37 am

Guys, maybe best to take this offline or in person? Nothing viscious has been said, and I recognize 2 guys "airing it out", but nothing ever comes across as it should over electronic communication..... Why don't you guys at least speak on the phone and see what you can come up with. I will take a neutral stand here, not being a part of the situation, my knowledge is only this...I have gotten to know Cliff through the forum and meeting him in person and he is a truly honest, stand-up guy that would give the shirt off his back, and I also have not heard any other issues or negativity about Stan or HFS/Toy Outfitters, but rather I have heard good things. You both seem like reasonable guys, try to work this out if there is still any hard feelings. Laughing

-David
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:21 am

Look what you started Scott!

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: wow   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:46 am

wow scotty...reminds me of a MJ song..."gonna be startin somethin".....anyway i have decided to make my own...in the end if one breaks i have but myself to blame...plus it will be fun and cheaper....
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:59 am

I will punish myself this weekend while hanging out in Nashville...bad bad me!
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:58 am

Scottydog wrote:
I will punish myself this weekend while hanging out in Nashville...bad bad me!

LMAO lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
ncorn38
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
MODERATOR - Trail Scout
ncorn38

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Hahahaha!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Aaron-Corn/100000272912625
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:23 pm

It worked...I felt pretty rough by the time Monday afternoon rolled around and I was sitting at the airport waiting to return...then 2 more days of field work on top of that.

I think I am back to my normal wonderful self now...just in time for the weekend.Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Lower Control Arms   Rear Lower Control Arms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Lower Control Arms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: Product Reviews :: Lifts/Suspension-
Jump to: