NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First trip to Uwharrie.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

First trip to Uwharrie. Empty
PostSubject: First trip to Uwharrie.   First trip to Uwharrie. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:58 pm

I made my first trip to the Uwharries yesterday. I had a blast. I took my brand new 2011 TT and my brother was in brand new Jeep Rubicon. I don't think either of the vehicles were over a month old. Well we went through the Wold Den, Falls Dam, and Dickey Bell trails. The wives stopped us from doing any more. Both vehicles handle the trails well, and a few pin stripes and one ding to my rock rail was the only damage.

I bought a season pass, so I am looking forward to joining up with a few of you guys when the next chance comes around.
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Uwharrie.   First trip to Uwharrie. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 3:35 pm

Brian7758 wrote:
I made my first trip to the Uwharries yesterday. I had a blast. I took my brand new 2011 TT and my brother was in brand new Jeep Rubicon. I don't think either of the vehicles were over a month old. Well we went through the Wold Den, Falls Dam, and Dickey Bell trails. The wives stopped us from doing any more. Both vehicles handle the trails well, and a few pin stripes and one ding to my rock rail was the only damage.

I bought a season pass, so I am looking forward to joining up with a few of you guys when the next chance comes around.

NICE!, Now where are the pics?

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Uwharrie.   First trip to Uwharrie. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Mostly took video, but here is one.

First trip to Uwharrie. 1

No such luck. I am not finding it easy to post pictures to these posts.

First trip to Uwharrie. Dscn0410
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Uwharrie.   First trip to Uwharrie. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Really like that TT in all green! Hopefully we can hook up and have more than one FJ on the trail at a time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Uwharrie.   First trip to Uwharrie. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:07 pm

Two videos my brother put on Youtube.

Back to top Go down
Imperial AT-FJ
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Imperial AT-FJ

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Uwharrie.   First trip to Uwharrie. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 3:43 pm

NICE! I havent been out there in like 5 years, its good to see that place is still open!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Uwharrie.   First trip to Uwharrie. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 4:13 pm

Imperial AT-FJ wrote:
NICE! I havent been out there in like 5 years, its good to see that place is still open!

Too funny! I was just on the blue room reading through your build thread. Its definitely impressive. Hopefully we can meet up and ride some.
Back to top Go down
Imperial AT-FJ
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
Imperial AT-FJ

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Uwharrie.   First trip to Uwharrie. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Brian7758 wrote:

Too funny! I was just on the blue room reading through your build thread. Its definitely impressive. Hopefully we can meet up and ride some.

Laughing thanx

Once I get settled in Id love to see how much its changed, plus how the FJ does compaired to last time I was there in a '77 Bronco.
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Uwharrie.   First trip to Uwharrie. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:18 pm

I'm only about 45 min from URE (?) is that how you abreviate it? Is it considered safe to just go riding there with only one FJ and a friend riding shotgun? Or are the trails more demanding than that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Uwharrie.   First trip to Uwharrie. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:42 pm

I have gone twice with a second vehicle and twice with just mine. I am a beginner so when alone, I stick to easy-moderate trails. With my inexperience the basic trails are still fun for me. There is always that chance something could happen on any trail, but I had a lot of free time during the week this summer and just couldn't sit at home. I have always taken a passenger with me when I was the only vehicle though.

On a side note, I pass through China Grove on my way to URE. So perhaps one day we can form an small FJ convoy.
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Uwharrie.   First trip to Uwharrie. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:56 pm

An FJ convoy to URE would be amazing! Swarming a food joint in Badin or Richfield would rock.
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Uwharrie.   First trip to Uwharrie. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:59 pm

I just found the URE outpost on google maps. I looks like a nice sized convenience store. Do yall go in from the north on 109 or from the south?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Uwharrie.   First trip to Uwharrie. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 6:37 pm

I take 152 to rockwell, 52 to richfield, 49 to 109, 109 to uwharrie. Let me know if you want to meet up along the way.
Back to top Go down
FJerYuri
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
FJerYuri

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Uwharrie.   First trip to Uwharrie. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:41 pm

Brian if you want to convey, lets meet at Porky's BBQ in China Grove. Do you know where that is? We can even grab breakfast if you can be there by 7:30am. Then we can boogie down to meet up with the others at the outpost. Hows that sound?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Uwharrie.   First trip to Uwharrie. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:25 pm

Sounds good. I have eaten at Porky's several times. I don't think I will be in for breakfast. I am going to try to let my wife sleep as long as possible. She will inevitably get up when I do. I should be there around 7:45 - 8. That will still give us plenty of time to say heys and easily make it to the outpost by 8:45. I am looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Uwharrie.   First trip to Uwharrie. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First trip to Uwharrie.
Page 1 of 1