NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"

Go down 
+5
bigdogdewey2
Southeast Overland
Crazy Hube
85runner
MadToy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:13 pm

I can't wait to get my hands on them

Thanks for the review brother
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 4:36 pm

Some pics of the pizza cutters.....

Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Untitled-6
Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 IMAG0197
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:43 pm

what kind of air pressure did you use the other day?/ and did you notice if you need to go lower or higher??
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:52 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
what kind of air pressure did you use the other day?/ and did you notice if you need to go lower or higher??

On the trail, I used 16psi - mainly because I'm too lazy to mess with my deflators. Seemed to work very well - although the trails I road were very easy for the most part. Just a couple of hill climbs that were a little challenging. URE should be a better test to see how they do.

Running 43psi on the street for now, till I get a chance to chalk them.
Back to top Go down
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: love em   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:14 pm

I still am loving mine. The up hill and side ways traction are unparalelled. I have run most 4x4 tires of the upper eschalon brands. The 255/8017 km2s are the most versatile I've had yet. I was worried about quick tread wear, and uncomfortable driving habits, and the wobble over time. They do need to be balance every rotation, and they need to be rotated every 2500 instead of the suggested 5000. Discount tire rotates all 5 of mine every 2500 and rebalances them all. I am at 20,000 ish and they are over 5/8s tread left super happy with them. I run mine at 40 on the road, and at 15 on the trail.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:27 pm

Not sure I'll have the commitment to have 'em rotated every 2500 miles, but I'll certainly try to have it done every oil change at 5k. If I get 25-30k out of them, I'll be thrilled.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:07 pm

i just take my tires off...save the wear for the street tires...lol...
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:54 am

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
i just take my tires off...save the wear for the street tires...lol...

Yeah - I've got my stock wheels with P rated 265's sitting in the garage too. Problem is, with the shorter 265 and my 4.56 gears, it would be screaming on the highway.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:35 am

Nick you wheel too often to swap out tires anyway. You are out 2-3 times a month.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:38 am

Brian wrote:
Nick you wheel too often to swap out tires anyway. You are out 2-3 times a month.

Yep. I've even given up washing the truck Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:44 am

As long as you keep your wheels shiney.

I still pressure wash the mud and dirt off the under side. I guess I keep the cab spick and span too.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:56 am

I drive through the car wash when I get home, since it has the pressure washer that gets underneath. It gets most of the mud off. On really muddy days, I'll sometimes go to the "do it yourself" car wash that has the pressure washer, just for getting the mud out of the crevices.

Did I mention I HATE MUD!!??
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 12:18 pm

use a lawn sprinkler that sprays on the rainbow pattern...just slide it under the truck and walk away...it will loosen the dirt and be easier to clean...
Back to top Go down
85runner
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
85runner

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 12:28 pm

Drive through a heavy rain storm. Gets it cleaner than a hose.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 12:39 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
use a lawn sprinkler that sprays on the rainbow pattern...just slide it under the truck and walk away...it will loosen the dirt and be easier to clean...

Yep - and my neighbors will hate me since all the mud will end up in the alley...... tongue
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:28 pm

MadToy wrote:
bigdogdewey2 wrote:

Yep - and my neighbors will hate me since all the mud will end up in the alley...... tongue

People can tell when you Autobell brother(s)

And right now the under-body wash is included with anything above the SuperPoly Process (Ext Special too)

And don't forget you can always add it to any wash package for a mere $3:00

Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Get a pressure washer. I use it a lot more than I thought I would. Money well spent.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:19 pm

Brian wrote:
Get a pressure washer. I use it a lot more than I thought I would. Money well spent.

I had one. Seized the motor after the first year pale

But I honestly can't power wash my truck at my house. I have an alley driveway that's on an incline. All of the mud ends up in the alley. I found that out the one time I didn't clean it, and got some good rain.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:20 pm

4running wrote:

People can tell when you Autobell brother(s)

And right now the under-body wash is included with anything above the SuperPoly Process (Ext Special too)

And don't forget you can always add it to any wash package for a mere $3:00

Sleep

Did you get promoted? jocolor
Back to top Go down
85runner
Trail Scout
Trail Scout
85runner

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Ya he's now on the career pathway at autohell so if college doesn't work he can gladly offer you a free wax with that wash........BROTHER. queen
Back to top Go down
Crazy Hube
Gunner
Gunner
Crazy Hube

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:03 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:17 pm

Nick, how did the 255s work for you today?
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:44 pm

Brian wrote:
Nick, how did the 255s work for you today?

They did great - although tough to compare since the conditions were very dry. I don't think they spun at all till I got high centered on the top of Daniel Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"   Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!" - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Done with the Coopers!! The sequel to "Done with the Duratracs!!"
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3