NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Handheld CB radios

Go down 
+12
bigdogdewey2
totald
bluejack13
rylandnc
cjcradier
Scottydog
ncorn38
Snowdogyyz
NC FJ Driver
CarolinaCruiser15
crogers6569
David B
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: sticker   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:59 pm

yeah i would love to get a firestick sticker...im actually surprised that there wasnt one with any of the stuff i got from them...i want one...
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:29 pm

I just email Firestik and asked. I have email other companies and almost always received multiple stickers. Last week I got like 5 or 6 from All-Pro.

Still need a Bilstein, OME and/or ARB.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Scottydog wrote:
I just email Firestik and asked. I have email other companies and almost always received multiple stickers. Last week I got like 5 or 6 from All-Pro.

Still need a Bilstein, OME and/or ARB.

If you stumble upon a couple of OME stickers, pick me up a couple!Very Happy No, really!
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Will do...
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: stickers   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:58 pm

yeah i just emailed firestik too so hopefully we/I will get a few to maybe pass out to others. i need some BFGOODRICH stickers too...
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Paul, I also emailed ARB and asked for OME and/or ARB stickers. They replied and said they will put some in the mail. I asked for enough for a friend as well.

Will you be at the BWW meet? Hopefully I will have them by then
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:59 pm

I have a couple ARB stickers I will bring
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: trade   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:08 pm

NC FJ Driver wrote:
Another 4' Firestik here as well...although I messed up and didnt order the red tip...so I'll be sporting a black tip until I can correct that deficiency!

trade tips with ya ?? ill give you my red if you will give me your black??
Back to top Go down
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:51 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
yeah i just emailed firestik too so hopefully we/I will get a few to maybe pass out to others. i need some BFGOODRICH stickers too...

Nice! If you end up having an extra Firestik decal, I'll trade you a beer for one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
CarolinaCruiser15
Gunner
Gunner
CarolinaCruiser15

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:54 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
i dont know if i want to buy a swr meter because of the fact that its almost (and i stress almost) a one time use item IMO...i know it may seem selfish...but the ability to use someone elses is probably the way to go...now i also know that if you have one of your own its more convenient..but also with the adjustable FIRESTICKs..once its done...ITS DONE>...

My $.02 worth...

I agree Mike. I haven't tuned mine yet either but it worked great from here to NM and back. I'd still like to tune it thou just to make sure it's working the best it can. Oh, and I'm also using a 4' Firestik.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolando.villegas
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: uot   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 8:06 am

Scottydog wrote:
What is the link to the SWR you ordered...maybe I will get one as well.
I got this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002D6KA4 because its the one the company sold that I got a couple other things from (West Coast Mall) making it convenient. There are some out there less expensive that look just as good and come with the jumper cable, just have to shop around.

Scottydog wrote:
Will you be at the BWW meet? Hopefully I will have them by then
I'm planning on it.

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
trade tips with ya ?? ill give you my red if you will give me your black??
Done! Are you coming to the BWW meet?
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: bww   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 8:51 pm

Yes I am going to the Jan. 28 meet in raliegh and would love to trade with ya....awry then
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:49 pm

ARB replied...I "should" have extra stickers. Let's see what we can all trade. Could be a nice swap meet.
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Everything is finally on the way. It should be installed by the Wings meet.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:00 pm

I now have everything on or at least in the FJ. Firestik with Quick Disconnect and HD Spring on my Bandi mount. Cable run to the front with a connection next to the center console. CB in a M.O.L.L.E. bag in the rear on my custom made PSD side storage rack (Thanks Orange Boxx).

All that's left to do...Tune her up...and come up with a very original Handle...LOL
Back to top Go down
Snowdogyyz
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Snowdogyyz

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Cruiser006Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Cruiser007

Nice set ups! I went a different route. I wanted something I could easily take out in 5 minutes or less, so I went with a Lil' Will magnet mounted antenna on top at the front of my bajarack, with the Midland portable cb. I just run the wires down the windshield, under the dash and then come out of the console. Mounted the cb on above the glove box. Of course, I won't get the range you guys will get with the firestick!
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Looks very nice and clean...
Back to top Go down
Snowdogyyz
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Snowdogyyz

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Thanks Scott. You guys are doing it the better way. You will get much better range than I will. Plus, that bandi mount looks sharp!
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:22 pm

That's really all I wanted...was a CB Antenna. The radio is just for the heck of it...LOL

I guess it will come in handy on the trail. Especially when I'm with Chad and he takes off and leaves me in the dust...
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: im sorry WENDYs ....   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:52 pm

wow ok so i took my daughter to WENDYs to get something to eat...and when i pulled thru the double window deal..i broke the light grills in the over hang..they were those plastic shiny square grid light reflector thingys...well broke both of em..LOL...nothing came crashing down really but both of the employees were freaked out more from the sound i guess...

my daughter asked me what was that and i told her the the Wendys was built too short for FJs...she and her sister laffed...i had to too...
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:58 pm

Exactly why I got the quick disconnect...banks and drive thrus. Guess I could get some exercise and walk inside...nah
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: lol    Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:08 am

well at least i have the HD spring...so i wont break my own stuff...LOL
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:48 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
wow ok so i took my daughter to WENDYs to get something to eat...and when i pulled thru the double window deal..i broke the light grills in the over hang..they were those plastic shiny square grid light reflector thingys...well broke both of em..LOL...nothing came crashing down really but both of the employees were freaked out more from the sound i guess...

my daughter asked me what was that and i told her the the Wendys was built too short for FJs...she and her sister laffed...i had to too...

Wow, do you have a spring, or just antenna mounted straight to the fitting that connects to the mount. I got the spring and disconnect, but to be honest was thinking about the garage at night, not hitting stuff...
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:52 pm

That is crazy. It's a good thing nothing came crashing down.
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:56 am

i went with the 2 foot....i will not need to remind myself to check for clearance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handheld CB radios   Handheld CB radios - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handheld CB radios
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next