NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th

Go down 
+5
adam78james
ULTIMATEcruiser
totald
David B
lrgrnr
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 1:40 am

I say keep as is, Adam has already took of work for this and I know him and myself would rather be on the trail.

So who's up for camping St night and running Brown mtn on Sun?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 1:43 am

How tough is Brown Mountain?
Back to top Go down
Sandman614
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:52 am

lrgrnr wrote:
adam78james wrote:
Larry have you decided if you were going to camp in the area or just drive up then back? Do you have any suggestions on where to stay?

I know of a place in Boone that's nice and free........and then there's Julian Price Park which is ~$18 a tent. I'll have to let you know once it gets a little close but I would like to camp then run Brown mtn on Sun because I've never been.

By knows a place he means I know a place. tongue Just checking in from TW with Larry.

The established area has about 6 fire rings, not sure how many tents will fit. There is plenty of "parking" for our off-road type vehicles, no corrola's, this place is slightly out there. The part we are working on will hold plenty of cars and tents.

Here's some pictures of mostly the area the campground is in and the views of a few hiking trails nearby also a few of a new part of the campground a friend and I are working on.
https://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg219/Sandman614/Camping/

and him crawling a little in his Jeep, in the new section.
https://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg219/Sandman614/Camping/Nates%20Run/

I need to go out and get more of the campground itself.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Awesome!! Looks like a great place to camp!!
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 8:31 pm

this crap is the same weekend as my inventory at work.. wont be able to make it but looks like a trip I would love to make.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 10:27 am

This is the first obstacle

Another

Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 11:27 am

Well, unfortunately I will not be able to make it out there for the weekend and i wont be making that trip for a day. I will be going to the OBX on the 4th though. Anyone who cannot make it to the Richland Rd Trail Run should come out.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 7:49 am

Woooooot

One week away!! I need to know who is camping Sat night.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:45 pm

Man this sounds soooooo good, I just dont know about the drive from Raeford, Friday will be busy at the office given Monday was a holiday...

If I can make it is there a decent (cheap) place to stay Friday night, arriving late? I'd be hitting the road sometime after 6pm and its 3.5 to 4 hrs from here to Lenoir.

I'll look at this real close Tuesday but I really want to be there.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:27 am

Adam is coming from Greenville, so it's about the same drive for him.

Him and I are camping Fri night at a place in Boone, it's free. I'm also arriving late, probably get there around 9ish.

I'll relay camping info as I hear it..........Tim should be in here in a minute to post some more info on camping.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:46 pm

Well I guess he's being a slackass Very Happy

Here's where we are supposed to be staying at Fri and Sat night.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/south-east/150486-camping-boone-nc-near-grandfather-mtn.html#post3244078

But if I don't get anymore info on the place we'll just stay at Julian Price on Fri and then stay here on Sat.
Back to top Go down
Sandman614
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:41 pm

Yea that's the place. I'll show you whenyou get here Larry. Yea I've been slacking, working third and Packing and cleaning during the day... Coma done! I'll be going out to touch up on the campground this week. It will hold 4-5 tents easy. Plenty of space in no mans land! This place is extremely primitive, no commodities other than a few creeks.

lrgrnr wrote:
Well I guess he's being a slackass Very Happy

Here's where we are supposed to be staying at Fri and Sat night.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/south-east/150486-camping-boone-nc-near-grandfather-mtn.html#post3244078

But if I don't get anymore info on the place we'll just stay at Julian Price on Fri and then stay here on Sat.
Back to top Go down
Sandman614
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 3:19 am

If your coming up on Friday PM me before hand and we can coordinate where to meet.

Weather:
Click for Crossnore, North Carolina Forecast

Here is a rough map from Walmart in Boone to the camping area. Once your at 'C' keep an eye out on the left. You can't miss it.
Entrance:
https://2img.net/h/i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg219/Sandman614/Hiking%202011/Camping/IMG_7474.jpg

View Larger Map
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:34 am

Thanks Tim!! Should be pretty simple to find.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:09 am

That's funny, I can see Tim's links when I'm logged out but not when logged in........hmmmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Sandman614
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:22 pm

No problem, looking forward to seeing everyone. No pm's yet.. I'm only gonna be available for a few hours Friday, I need to show someone the spot so they can show the rest. I'll be driving down to Sanford for the day, will be back fri night.

Also funny the mobile skin doesn't have anything where I can reply or anything. It's just for viewing ??
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 9:31 am

Unfortunately I wont make this one...but I WILL do this trail before the summer is over!

Make sure someone gets lots of pics and posts some up!
Back to top Go down
crogers6569
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
crogers6569

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 9:25 pm

this is a year round trail. Im gonna save it for when other places arent open.
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 9:37 pm

crogers6569 wrote:

Yeah, but I really like the area over by Pisgah, the Black Mountain, Mount Mitchell, so this would be a good excuse to get over that way! Laughing
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 2:28 am

crogers6569 wrote:

Yes, It's a fire service road.

We usually make a run once a winter when they get a big snow. Makes things interesting.
Back to top Go down
lrgrnr
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
lrgrnr

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 2:33 am

Oh, and I had a blast! Didn't take many pics.

We ran Mtn City today and that place was awesome! Defenetly will have to do it again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Just picked my FJ up last week. Looks like fun and I will most likely be in for next time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th   Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Richland Rd Trail Run.........June 4th
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: Events :: Individual Trail Rides-
Jump to: