NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) Empty
PostSubject: Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy)   Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:10 pm

Here is the skid plate.

Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) DSCN2089

Here is what I am trying to protect.

Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) DSCN2090

Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) DSCN2091

Protecting the E-locker was a main goal. It is tucked up and away pretty good, but it wouldn't take much to break it.

Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) DSCN2092

E-locker protected!

Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) DSCN2093

Rear diff protected

Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) DSCN2094

After the install. I Plasti-dipped the bolt heads. Its makes easier to get off if when I need to. Plus I love plasti-dip!

Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) DSCN2104

New pic of the underbelly of the Green Monster.

Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) DSCN2105
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy)   Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:23 pm

looks awesome...how heavy is that beast?..also what it is actually mounted to? are the mount wrapped around the axle or mounted directly to the axle?
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy)   Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:21 pm

Nice, armor is next on my list, gotta have it if you're going to running with the "bigdawg!"
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy)   Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:40 pm

HA....i have no underarmor....but im looking to acquire some soon...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy)   Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:24 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
looks awesome...how heavy is that beast?..also what it is actually mounted to? are the mount wrapped around the axle or mounted directly to the axle?

Mike, it is pretty stout. The shipped package was 22-23 pounds, so probably around 20lbs. It mounts around the drive shaft in the front and mounts to the rear end using brackets in the back. It is a very tight fit. All of the force from a hit would be transferred, but distributed to the rear end.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy)   Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 12:53 pm

That looks great Brian!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy)   Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:17 pm

ok i got ya Brian...i just couldnt tell where it actually mounted...but sounds like the way it is mounted is gonna distribute all the stresses away from the actual pumpkin itself...good job...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy)   Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 4:08 pm

The sides of the skid touch the axle and the bottom rest pretty much against the diff. So it will take some of the force just not at one single spot. I really wanted to protect the e-locker also. I heard that thing is $600-700 alone just for the part. If you get under you can see it is tucked away pretty decent, but hit one rock jutting up in just the right place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy)   Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Budbuilt Rear Differential Skid Plate (pic heavy)
Page 1 of 1