NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tire Pressure Monitor System

Go down 
+2
tbulluck
totald
6 posters
AuthorMessage
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

Tire Pressure Monitor System Empty
PostSubject: Tire Pressure Monitor System   Tire Pressure Monitor System Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:36 pm

Anyone that had the TPMS, if you have after market wheels, how did you mange it? I don't want the light all the time and I don't want to cut wires either.
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure Monitor System   Tire Pressure Monitor System Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:06 pm

sell you rims and tires to me...problem solved.
Back to top Go down
InnerChild
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure Monitor System   Tire Pressure Monitor System Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:30 pm

I have the light on all the time
Back to top Go down
ULTIMATEcruiser
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure Monitor System   Tire Pressure Monitor System Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:05 pm

I have the light on all the time as well. I have silver 16" TRD rims like yours and didn't want to dismantle them just to get the sensors out. Besides, I always argue the question what did we do before TPMS. The light doesn't bother me at all. I like my current wheel and tire combo well enough that having that little light on just reminds me how cool my FJ looks, lol.
Back to top Go down
MadToy
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
MadToy

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure Monitor System   Tire Pressure Monitor System Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:36 pm

Not sure how similar the FJ is to the Tacoma - but I would think it's near the same. You would just need to identify the TPMS wire if it's different

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61-2nd-generation-2005/170576-tpms-bypass-diy.html
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure Monitor System   Tire Pressure Monitor System Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Not a bad point as far as the not bothering you part. I like the idea in the link making it with a couple blade connectors.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure Monitor System   Tire Pressure Monitor System Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:48 pm

light on all the time here too...it totally doesnt bother me..im not anal enough to keep looking at it everytime i look down...i actually forget that its on most of the time...
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure Monitor System   Tire Pressure Monitor System Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:47 pm

It looks like I might be going that route. Thanks for letting me know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure Monitor System   Tire Pressure Monitor System Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:39 am

Some people have made pressurized chambers out of pvc pip/fittings and placed their tpms sensors in that. Place it in the jack storage area and not have to worry about the lights. There are a few threads in the blue room on this.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure Monitor System   Tire Pressure Monitor System Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:41 pm

here is another link from the Blue room...

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics-electrical/112388-how-disable-tpms-light.html
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure Monitor System   Tire Pressure Monitor System Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:43 pm

I guess because no one really wants to buy the TT's and I kinda want to keep them, I wont have to worry about the light. Now I need to sell the Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure Monitor System   Tire Pressure Monitor System Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tire Pressure Monitor System
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: General/Off Topic Discussion :: "All Other" Posts-
Jump to: