NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?   Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:58 pm

I only need one of these since my wife's legs aren't long enough so I'm wondering if someone wants to split the cost of a pair of these with me, one for you, one for me.

Here's a pic of one on Brian's truck:
Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Dscn0413
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?   Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:47 pm

These steps are really great. Easy to install and remove. That is one nice looking FJ. Too bad the wheels are all scratched up. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?   Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 12:31 am

FYI I was able to get my local dealer to get the set down to $95 after showing them the price Sparks had... and they got them in the next day. Just a tip.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?   Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:17 am

Thanks Paul, I'll make a few phone calls today. These have been discontinued though, so I don't know if I'll have much luck but it's worth the shot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?   Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:39 am

Interesting on the discontinued part.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?   Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:53 am

I thought so too. Several dealers have said this now, but I found it odd since they're still applicable to all FJs. Maybe they simply haven't sold well...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?   Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:12 am

Looks like I have a rare item! I will sell them to the highest bidder. Bidding will start at $400.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?   Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:21 am

Brian, I assume that includes the rails themselves along with at least a skid plate or two?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?   Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Oh gosh no, I would have to be put on the Spring show dontation list at that price. However I am a reasonable man. For the steps at $400, I can through in the rails for an additional $200.
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?   Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:33 pm

Pretty sure for that price I can hire someone to pick my wife up, put her in the truck and take her out as needed. She's pretty light, so it'd probably be awhile before I reached your "asking" price Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?   Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Speedrye wrote:
Pretty sure for that price I can hire someone to pick my wife up, put her in the truck and take her out as needed. She's pretty light, so it'd probably be awhile before I reached your "asking" price Very Happy
LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?   Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Sure that is an option, if you don't mind some guy who is working for minimum wage groping your wife everytime she needs in/out of the FJ. Yeah, I guess that is an option.

If you value your marriage, $400 is a small financial sacrifice to make.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?   Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:19 pm

I know a guy who might help you out.

Javier "tickle fingers" Monterro (704) 346-3487
Back to top Go down
Speedrye
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Speedrye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?   Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Some guy? I said she was light. I was thinking of an attractive female that would stay in the back of the FJ until needed. Of course then I'd have to get a step for her to get in and out. Man, this is a vicious cycle. That $400 is starting to look better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?   Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Very Happy I am willing deal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?   Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone need a single step for a stock rock rail?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NCFJ Cruisers :: The Garage :: Shop Talk-
Jump to: