NCFJ Cruisers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum of the North Carolina FJ Cruisers

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit

Go down 
+5
totald
Darklight
tbulluck
bigdogdewey2
NC FJ Driver
9 posters
AuthorMessage
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Empty
PostSubject: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:25 pm

So I saw the thread (http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com/t794-i-know-its-hard-to-see?highlight=hard+to+see) that mentioned these badges on Friday the 17th and ordered one that night. I received confirmation the next day saying they were new and were expected to ship on/about the 1st of March. On the 1st, I emailed them, and Lisa emailed me back almost immediately saying they were done and mine would ship the 1st. It shipped USPS Priority Mail and arrived today.

Total cost was: Badge: $10.99; Mounting Kit: $22.99 for a total of $33.98, so I guess shipping was included Very Happy .

It came in a Priority Mailer with the contents wrapped in black paper and included the badge and the mounting kit in a tin can. The key is in the picture for scale.

GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit IMAG0428
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:27 pm

The instructions for the mounting kit are a folding card in the can, and include a 100% money back gaurantee. I guess since shipping was free, to return it would only cost shipping back, but dont know. Here is the mount unpacked.

GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit IMAG0429

Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Here you see the front and back of the mount next to the badge. The image on the badge is crisp, with the text clearly readable. It is made out of flexible magnet type material, with a good coating of clear plastic to protect the logo.

Even with the clear coating, the whole thing is flexible like a refrigerator magnet. Seems durable enough, but to be honest, I anticipated it being metal. Not having ever seen one before, they may all be like this, I dont know.

GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit IMAG0433
GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit IMAG0434
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:37 pm

And here is the mount with face ring screwed off. You mount the refrigerator magnet to the metal face of the mount, then screw the face ring back on securing the badge in place.

The mount is plastic, with the plate (the grey looking piece) being metal. The outer ring is also plastic. The strap is a simple velcro strap.

The back of the mount has two "rubber bumpers" that you can see in the pic above. I havent taken it outside yet to see how it lines up on the grill, but I assume these keep it from rotating.

GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit IMAG0435

Last edited by NC FJ Driver on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:43 pm

So here is the assembled badge in the mount.

According to the instructions, you dissassemble the mount, run the velcro strap through the grill, wrapping it through the grill a couple times, securing the end on the "inside" or where it'll be covered by the badge, then mount the bagde which sticks in place since the mount has a metal plate in it and screw the ring back in place.

GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit IMAG0436
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:50 pm

I've got to take the wife to dinner, so I'll post some pics of the mounted unit later. I can already tell I'm going to replace the velcro strap with a hose clamp.
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:27 pm

That looks great...lobe to get my hands on one...the idea behind the design of the mount is to be able to switch badges ...unscrew the cover and pop a different badge in...I love it actually
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:09 pm

i emailed them today.....mine ships on the 6th
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:10 pm

That is a cool kit, can't wait to see it on your Rig Paul!
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Paul when are you gonna show us some pics of it on your rig?? come on man your slacking!!!
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:55 pm

mine should arrive tomorrow! cheers
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:56 pm

bigdogdewey2 wrote:
Paul when are you gonna show us some pics of it on your rig?? come on man your slacking!!!

Ok, Ok,...Sorry, this slipped my mind! Here are a couple from my phone.

The rubber "bumpers" on the back (see the pic of the back above), fit pretty tight between the diamonds of the grill so it wont rotate. After installing it with the velcro strap, I definately think a hose clamp will work better.

GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit IMAG0437
GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit IMAG0439
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:34 pm

Looks great! cheers
Back to top Go down
totald
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUPPORTING MEMBER
totald

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:23 am

Very cool. I will have to get one for the new FJ
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:33 am

i absolutely love it...
Back to top Go down
tbulluck
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
tbulluck

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:29 am

It looks great. I can't wait to check the mail.
Back to top Go down
Scottydog
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
MODERATOR & SUPPORTING MEMBER
Scottydog

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:58 pm

I want one...where do I get it?
Back to top Go down
NC FJ Driver
Gunner
Gunner
NC FJ Driver

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Scottydog wrote:
I want one...where do I get it?

Read this thread and follow the instructions! http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com/t794-i-know-its-hard-to-see?highlight=hard+to+see
Back to top Go down
bigdogdewey2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
bigdogdewey2

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:33 pm

im actually really glad i got this started...i think when i get back from Tx...i will be ordering one for myself...i think they look great...
Back to top Go down
sportsman.ncsu
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
sportsman.ncsu

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:49 am

Just ordered mine. Can't wait
Back to top Go down
David B
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR
David B

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:21 pm

sportsman.ncsu wrote:
Just ordered mine. Can't wait

AWESOME! Way to jump in! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: yeah   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Just placed my order they look great.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
smoky cruiser
Tail Gunner
Tail Gunner
smoky cruiser

PostSubject: pretty quick   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:55 pm

I think I got mine in like 4-5 bus days, but it is just a magnet. I thought it was gonna be a metal unit that would mount up to the grill, but it is a fridge style magnet with a clear poly like coating. Still a good deal at the price, and was happy with their service. Flushead has some real nice ones, that was what I thought I might be buying.
Back to top Go down
http://greenmindedcarpentry.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit   GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GoBadges "CLUB NCFJ" and Black Mounting Kit
Page 1 of 1